03-19-15 09:36 PM
34 12
tools
    If you plug in the device and it can light up a led, it is possible to low level wipe it if someone has the tool. Autolaoder may work. Try running autoloader then plugging in he device right when it prompts for bootrom.
    03-18-15 11:56 AM
    Ha, I just spoke to a manager and they're going to fix it. I hate doing that, but the default response they give is, "can't help you. sry." After I spoke to a manager, now all of a sudden they've discovered my device is "covered under warranty."

I tried the autoloader days ago and it didn't work. Ah, well. At least I'll be getting a replacement soon. Thank you to EVERYONE who helped. Much appreciated!
    blackbird666 and Chris Chin like this.
    03-18-15 12:04 PM
    Ha, I just spoke to a manager and they're going to fix it. I hate doing that, but the default response they give is, "can't help you. sry." After I spoke to a manager, now all of a sudden they've discovered my device is "covered under warranty."

I tried the autoloader days ago and it didn't work. Ah, well. At least I'll be getting a replacement soon. Thank you to EVERYONE who helped. Much appreciated!
    Was going to suggest doing that (speaking to manager) or purchasing the new extended warranty
    http://crackberry.com/new-blackberry...atest-handsets

Glad it worked out!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 12:10 PM

I love happy endings, congrats on successfully being able to get a replacement device

Passport 
    03-18-15 01:26 PM
    Awesome!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 01:39 PM

I hope that this is a sign of improved customer service underway.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:06 PM
    PayPal offers 180 days to resolve issues after purchase now. Maybe you want to follow that route. Alternatively, get access to a higher power charger, like the PlayBook charger and it might do the trick. This is one obvious advantage of devices with removable batteries. Pop the battery out and put it in a charger, few hours later you're cruising. Built-in batteries have issues since they require the charging circuit to engage, so it's a catch-22.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 04:18 PM
    PayPal offers 180 days to resolve issues after purchase now. Maybe you want to follow that route. Alternatively, get access to a higher power charger, like the PlayBook charger and it might do the trick. This is one obvious advantage of devices with removable batteries. Pop the battery out and put it in a charger, few hours later you're cruising. Built-in batteries have issues since they require the charging circuit to engage, so it's a catch-22.

Posted via CB10
    He resolved the issue. The motherboard was fried. He's getting a free replacement.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 04:20 PM
    I'm glad it's working out for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 09:36 PM
34 12