It will be available for sale on October according to a BlackBerry store representative I spoke to

Posted via CB10
    thanks for the "news" even if it's a bad one i already can't stand to wait until September ...
    07-25-14 06:28 PM
    Chen called me confirming the 30th September
    07-25-14 06:31 PM
    Early September because we all know that Samsung would most likely drop the Note 4 a week before the iPhone 6 if possible. We need at least a week as the only new smartphone offering on the market to put even more of a spotlight on the BlackBerry Passport and its capabilities.
    07-27-14 10:00 PM
    I'll accept the assumption that they'll launch on Wednesday, even though that may no longer hold in John Chen's BlackBerry. I will also assume that BlackBerry is still on track for a successful September launch.

Releasing the Passport two days before Apple's iPhone launch is marketing suicide, if only because the tech press will be engaged in breathless, non-stop iPhone speculation all that week. If they insist on launching in September, the 17th is the worst possible date they could pick. In prior years that would mean that's exactly the date they WOULD pick, but their executive decision-making seems to have improved so this time I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Then the question becomes whether BlackBerry is gambling on adverse reaction to the new iPhone (which would have them launch the week after on the 24th), or if they want to really steal a march on Apple and hope to build sales in advance of the launch, which would have them launch on the 3rd or the 10th. If building buzz is what they really want to do, then I hope they make it out for the 3rd. Not long at all, now...
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-27-14 10:29 PM
    ... in the parking lot of the iEvent, an hour before it's scheduled. Use their press against them. Get Chen out there like Oprah "YOU GET A PASSPORT, YOU GET A PASSPORT... URRBODY GETS A PASSPORT"

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    tinochiko likes this.
    07-27-14 11:32 PM
    Last week of August

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 11:44 PM
    tommorrow ??? :P
    07-27-14 11:48 PM
    september 1 so we can get this device is everyones' pockets.
    07-28-14 12:05 AM
    Nowwww!

Check Out TechCraze
    08-03-14 08:09 AM
    October is best. No other press events to keep minds busy.
    In September there will be launches from Sony, Sammy, Apple, HTC & who knows what other firm. Too crowded of a month to make a launch, when the new IP6 will steal all the thunder.
    08-03-14 09:15 AM
    Neverwary the 1st
    08-05-14 11:58 AM
    3rd of September would be a great day to launch.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 12:52 PM
    As seen on Engadget, Re/Code is reporting that Apple will hold its next iPhone event on September 9th...
    they usually have good intuition so here we go again: before or after the 9th for a Passport launch?
    08-05-14 02:31 PM
    31st August just before the launch of iPhone 6 & Samsung. This is so that people get to see what it is & then wait for the launch of Samsung & iPhones & then decide which to buy.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 02:39 PM
    As seen on Engadget, Re/Code is reporting that Apple will hold its next iPhone event on September 9th...
    they usually have good intuition so here we go again: before or after the 9th for a Passport launch?
    It either needs to be done at the very beginning of September, or a month or so after Apple and Samsung have their shows. By then hopefully the hype has died down. I doubt it though, so they should do it before Apple/Samsungs.
    08-05-14 05:21 PM
    31st August just before the launch of iPhone 6 & Samsung. This is so that people get to see what it is & then wait for the launch of Samsung & iPhones & then decide which to buy.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^Something like this. If they do it after, I feel people would have already made their decision. Then again, I don't think BB is thinking mainstream at all with the passport, so it'll probably be after if that's the case.
    08-05-14 05:24 PM
    It either needs to be done at the very beginning of September, or a month or so after Apple and Samsung have their shows. By then hopefully the hype has died down. I doubt it though, so they should do it before Apple/Samsungs.
    i agree with you.
    But i'll add that waiting too long after Apple's event would send a bad signal (Passport still not ready) and a lot of people (even those very intrigued by the Passport) would buy an Apple device if they don't see an alternative coming soon after.
    The main problem with waiting some weeks after Apple's launch would still be that Blackberry did start its communication marathon a lot before Apple and they can't keep asking the consumers to hold their breath so i'd definitely go before Apple's launch: one week before is perfect!
    08-05-14 06:36 PM
    BlackBerry Passport:
    Release Date:
    September 1, 2014.

BlackBerry Classic:
    Release Date:
    November 21, 2014

Posted on my Q5
    08-05-14 07:20 PM
    New years day just so I can come here and see the rage flow haha!

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    08-05-14 09:17 PM
    I think the earlier the better..

This is clearly my opinion only.. I think if bb is launched after the iPhone or samsung shows they would be missing sales..

People who have bought phones during the shows I feel definitely won't buy another phone even there is a wow factor..

I really hope bb starts with the hype first.. I want them to draw first blood.. I want people to try bb First.. cause I know if these people buys a Samsung or apple they will never try that passport

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 10:15 PM
    Didn't JC say it was going to launch in the UK first? I think we'll be lucky to see it in Sept. I'm thinking more October for a US launch. AT&T always releases new phones on Fridays. So I'm guessing Friday, 10/17/2014.
    08-06-14 12:11 AM
    Tbh the quicker the better. Should have launched well before Sep/Oct imo, to avoid competition with Apple and Sammy's flagships, even though you can't compare the Passport with an iPhone 6 or a Note 4.

I think they'll announce it mid September ( 20ish ), and that it will be on sale in October.

But to answer your question : Yesterday.
    08-06-14 12:41 AM
    12 of September

Q5-10.3.0.700
    08-06-14 12:56 AM
    3rd of September would be great, last day of my vacations.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 01:07 AM
    BlackBerry Passport:
    Release Date:
    September 1, 2014.

BlackBerry Classic:
    Release Date:
    November 21, 2014

Posted on my Q5
    Nice guess.

"Guess" being the key-word.

Posted via CB10