Hi,

my Passport is suddenly stuck at "Finalizing Device Setup" after reboot. Can anyone shed any insight on the state of the device? I assume the bootloader has finished but the OS is stuck for some reason. Is there any chance to "un-stuck" it or at least to rescue any of its file system (contacts, photos)? Currently, the device is visible in the Windows Device Manager, but Sachesi and BB Link cannot connect to it. CFP would connect but I haven't tried any of its options yet.

Thanks
    bb4
    06-25-19 04:09 AM
    Hi,

my Passport is suddenly stuck at "Finalizing Device Setup" after reboot. Can anyone shed any insight on the state of the device? I assume the bootloader has finished but the OS is stuck for some reason. Is there any chance to "un-stuck" it or at least to rescue any of its file system (contacts, photos)? Currently, the device is visible in the Windows Device Manager, but Sachesi and BB Link cannot connect to it. CFP would connect but I haven't tried any of its options yet.

Thanks
    bb4
    Hold the power key down until the device reboots again (usually about 12-15 seconds).
    06-25-19 09:37 AM
    Error post
    06-25-19 02:00 PM
    Hi,

Thanks
    bb4
    Hey bb4,

Did brookie's suggestion work? If cfp connects it's possible Darcy's Blackberry Tools might. It may also be worth letting the battery run down, charging again and then seeing if anything changes.
    06-25-19 07:42 PM