Hi Guys

Have managed to (sit on and) annihilate my screen! My love obsession with Blackberry has been sorely tested in the past 48 hours as even though the phone is still functional (calls etc)... its virtually impossible to type/read emails etc. Looked at a few options for replacing the screen myself and the best option seems to be to fit myself and buy from Hong Kong...

I also cant seem to see many places that repair directly with an average price of around 180 to replace the screen...

A new phone could also be picked up for the same price which is annoying!

I use this phone for corporate, its hooked up to a BES server so changing phones is a ball ache, i would prefer to replace the screen if possible. Has anyone replaced themselves? Looks straight forward enough but would be good to get some comments from anyone who has had a screen replacement or done it themselves. It seems to be quite an uncommon thing with no YouTube videos for the SE either.

Cheers all!

Damaged Screen - Replacement Options UK-img-20161013-wa0000.jpg
    10-14-16 02:59 PM
    Take it to a service center and get it done.
    10-14-16 11:15 PM
    Do it yourself. As you point out, it's very straightforward and taking the phone apart once will get you prepared to deal with other issues that might rise later on, like double-typing, bust battery or the likes.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 03:33 AM
    I just replaced my screen. 60 bucks on ebay, plus 10 for tools, 15 for adhesive. Youtube video walked me through it. Unlocked Passport, not SE. Not hard, just need patience.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 11:35 PM