05-26-18 07:16 AM
31 12
tools
    You sure that is the correct cable? I am not sure what DAC you are using, but I think you might need a micro-B, not a mini. My Kindle Fire<->Dragonfly uses a micro-B to connect to the tablet, and two USB-A's for the power Y.
    It's the right cable, in so far as I connected a usb drive and it was recognized instantly. The Meridian Explorer has a mini connector. One like yours could do the trick as it provides the power.
    04-10-18 06:30 PM
    One small step forward but still no joy. Tried with an old powered USB 2 hub. The Explorer lights up a led, indicating it's at its lowest audio quality. Now I get two notifications:

(Warning sign) USB device inserted. No drivers found for this device.

Then:

USB device inserted.

What I don't see is a way to select the DAC as opposed to internal sound. I think there are android apps that do this, the couple I remembered say they aren't compatible with the device, I'm guessing that means with the android version.
    04-13-18 09:27 PM
    Just tried the Meridian Explorer on a Moto G5... Works perfectly. It's a shame I won't be able to turn my Passport into a multimedia monster.
    05-17-18 10:47 AM
    Thanks to all, I now have a better understanding on what I'm trying to accomplish with my Passport SE.
    Being the music lover that I am, and a one who cherish podcasts during train rides, or stride along the downtown sidewalks, I do have to admit the need for an amp or a DAC, is necessary, or it's just me getting old. I did double carry phones years back and it's not fun. However, I may start again, but it won't be two phones.
    Has anyone tired using a carry case for a DAC and a BB Passport?
    I don't think a Sony PHA-1, a Pioneer XDP, or a Fiio attached to the back of my Passport is a route I'd be comfortable with, they may work with a Z10, Z30, or a Leap due to the profile and the shape format, but I don't see it happening with a Passport.
    Currently I'm using a BB OEM earphones, but looking to upgrade in in the near future. All suggestions are appreciated.
    05-25-18 05:53 PM
    How are you listening to Tidal?
    05-25-18 07:30 PM
    One small step forward but still no joy. Tried with an old powered USB 2 hub. The Explorer lights up a led, indicating it's at its lowest audio quality. Now I get two notifications:

(Warning sign) USB device inserted. No drivers found for this device.

Then:

USB device inserted.

What I don't see is a way to select the DAC as opposed to internal sound. I think there are android apps that do this, the couple I remembered say they aren't compatible with the device, I'm guessing that means with the android version.
    You need a 3.0 Upstream and port for a power cable. Switchable cables that depend on direction so you get the control you want. Hope that made sense.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-18 07:16 AM
31 12