I cut mine but now cannot remove it from the passport for some reason. I wonder if there is a difference in thickness making it stick. Not much to grab onto to remove it and pushing it down doesn't seem to cause a spring-loaded action to pop it up.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 02:00 PM
    Not to.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-28-14 02:21 PM
    Back again... went to ATT and they had no nano sim in stock. Very hard to believe, but onward. Went back home, pulled out the cutter I purchased from Amazon and poof! Passport is up and running. The sim was a bit thicker, but still went in and shouldn't move around at all.

First work day with the Passport and so far so good. Typing is getting better and overall use has been very good.

On a side note the girl that I spoke to at ATT said my Passport was "Sick", assuming that was a good thing.

This was banged out on the PP.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 02:21 PM
    Just when you cut it, try to make it smaller and sharp the edges more, because after cutting it there will be small parts on the edges, try to remove them or the simple will be stuck

Mine was stuck on the Passport but I used a pin to remove it and sharp it and return it back

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 02:58 PM
    I hope your SIM card is made of gold if you paid a premium for it.. else you can get any SIM between 3-10 bucks..
    10-28-14 04:34 PM
    DO NOT CUT xD
    I just tried cutting mine. Not only did it not seem to work anymore in my Z10 but it's too thick in my Passport and now is jammed inside it! I don't want to hurt the Passport but I may need to come up with a tool to remove it now. So much regret!
    10-30-14 10:14 AM
    Update... Its now the 3rd day since the cut and all has been working fine on ATT, LTE is great.
    10-31-14 03:09 PM
    I used a cutter to cut my microsim to a nano sim and it is stuck in my Passport as well. Any ideas on how to remove? It works fine, but I'd prefer to get an actual nano sim from AT&T.

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Passport!
    11-01-14 11:55 AM
    I have an odd problem. I cut it, it got stuck in the sim slot, then I filed it smaller on all sides. It goes smooth in the slot now, and I realized that the simslot is spring loaded.

The sim connects to the network but as soon as I click the black plastic cover back on it disconnects from the network and I get an "emergency calls only" notification. Sometimes I get an sms saying that my sim is networked locked. This only happens as soon as I put the plastic simcard/memory chip cover on.
    11-01-14 11:58 AM
    Don't do THIS with your Passport: How I turned my Z30 into a zPod!
    Video at BBM Channel: C002EC523

Reference: Why am I an *****? I watched the following video by Crackberry Kevin 2-3 days before this happened when researching SIM adapters and totally forgot about it. As soon as I made my mistake I remembered, amongst the rage going through my brain for destroying my Z30.

http://crackberry.com/how-break-bran...ry-less-minute

Edit: does anyone know how to make channel link active?
    11-01-14 12:42 PM
    Fixed it - I *CAREFULLY* pushed out the sim with a miniature flathead screwdriver. Went to the AT&T store and got a new nano sim. Works perfectly.

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Passport!
    11-01-14 01:01 PM
    I'll be honest I had to take mine apart to get the sim unstuck. It sucked and I felt bad haha thanks crackberry for posting that teardown vid a while back! XD

Posted via CB10
    NJ1193 likes this.
    11-01-14 01:12 PM
    Tear down? I just got my pp and I cut the sim. And I noticed that the sim might get stuck. Ajy idea how to take it out?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 02:59 PM
    Bell cut my 9900 sim card and put it into my Z10 then later I realized that the 9900 Sim would not support LTE. Bell later upgraded the sim card for free. I have not succeeded in using the cut 9900 sim card in my 9900. I think Bell has to turn on the sim card. That may cost $$ , not sure. If someone knows, please post.

Edit..put the sim card in and it picks up Bell but I think the configuration is wrong as it would not send an email. Does not matter there is no going back to a 9900 for me.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 11-01-14 at 08:42 PM.
    11-01-14 03:21 PM
    Please be careful with the Nano Card adaptor. I bought one when I bought the passport, got a new Nano card and adaptor to use it for my Z30. The adaptor, I tried it in the z30 and brook my z30 sim card reader. Looked all over the net to see if anyone can fix the card reader and no luck. I wanted the ability to swap from the passport to z30 back and forth.. Now I have a useless z30 that I cant use. My kid is happy because he now has a Blackberry z30 POD to play games on.
    11-01-14 03:32 PM
    Please be careful with the Nano Card adaptor. I bought one when I bought the passport, got a new Nano card and adaptor to use it for my Z30. The adaptor, I tried it in the z30 and brook my z30 sim card reader. Looked all over the net to see if anyone can fix the card reader and no luck. I wanted the ability to swap from the passport to z30 back and forth.. Now I have a useless z30 that I cant use. My kid is happy because he now has a Blackberry z30 POD to play games on.
    Where are you located? I did the same thing and made a video about. I found a place in Toronto that is going to try fixing it, I will let you know if it works and cost.

Here is a video I made to warn others: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kpAhdKfUOlZszA9dBH4
    11-01-14 11:23 PM
    Cutting a sim yourself might damage the dim slot if you don't do it properly. I'd just buy a new one for 10$ with the adapter
    11-02-14 01:15 AM
    Not to.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    I have to agree with this!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    11-02-14 01:43 AM
    I am located in Toronto, please let me know the result. I really want my z30 to be fixed..
    11-02-14 07:33 AM
    Where are you located? I did the same thing and made a video about. I found a place in Toronto that is going to try fixing it, I will let you know if it works and cost.

Here is a video I made to warn others: Z30 to Z-Pod - Video Dailymotion
    Wow,

I did the exact same thing.. Please let me know where you got it fixed and how much.. I just saw the video.. thank you.. Now I don't feel like I am the only one tried this.
    11-02-14 07:36 AM
    Yeah the one I bought actually had warning on packing I believe, not to insert without card in adapter. Few hundred $ lesson.
    11-02-14 12:24 PM

Here is a video I made to warn others: Z30 to Z-Pod - Video Dailymotion
    Did you get it fixed?
    11-07-14 07:52 AM
    I got my Passport as an upgrade thru Bell... nano sim came in the box

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 09:19 AM
    Be wary of the adapters that come from the carriers they can mess up your phone. Google it.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:26 PM
    Did you get it fixed?
    Hey ArsenG,

I was supposed to go to Toronto this past week and was going to give the shop that said they could fix it a try.

Unfortunately I have been ill this past week and didn't get to it.

Wish I could be more help!
    11-08-14 01:51 PM
55 123