Hey there guys,
    I am thinking of purchasing the BlackBerry Passport. I have read the keys on this handset can be customised to perform certain functions such as launching apps, but I was wondering if it is possible to customise the Passport's keys to act as cursor keys (e.g. to navigate around the OS), either via BlackBerry 10 or a third-party app.

Does anyone know how to do this? Any guidance is gratefully appreciated.
    04-18-15 09:40 AM
    Yes you can customise you keyboard Keys, you can assign an app to a letter key and use it for shortcut and open apps without leaving your home on the screen You can launch android apps too.

Now you cannot use the passport's touch sensitive keyboard to act as a cursor, not yet may be future updates might integrate this but for now only shortcuts for apps.

Only when you have the browser opened you can use the keyboard like a mouse in sense you can scroll up down left and right but you cannot use it as a pointer to click on links and images!

There are no known apps to my knowledge that exists that utilises Passport's keyboard as a cursor to navigate !

Hope I was clear in explaining
    04-18-15 10:51 AM
    Yes you can customise you keyboard Keys, you can assign an app to a letter key and use it for shortcut and open apps without leaving your home on the screen You can launch android apps too.

Now you cannot use the passport's touch sensitive keyboard to act as a cursor, not yet may be future updates might integrate this but for now only shortcuts for apps.

Only when you have the browser opened you can use the keyboard like a mouse in sense you can scroll up down left and right but you cannot use it as a pointer to click on links and images!

There are no known apps to my knowledge that exists that utilises Passport's keyboard as a cursor to navigate !

Hope I was clear in explaining
    Many thanks for your kind and comprehensive explanation! I really hope that full navigability with the touch-enabled keyboard is introduced as soon as possible.
    anon(5990673) and merli001 like this.
    04-18-15 11:15 AM
    Many thanks for your kind and comprehensive explanation! I really hope that full navigability with the touch-enabled keyboard is introduced as soon as possible.
    I really hope Blackberry would use the Keyboards touch feature to act as a cursor too !!! Its easier sad than done for that matter it could take a very long time
    Marijo_Varna likes this.
    04-18-15 11:18 AM
    I really hope Blackberry would use the Keyboards touch feature to act as a cursor too !!! Its easier sad than done for that matter it could take a very long time
    Do you happen to know if there are any plans to incorporate this feature into future releases of BlackBerry 10?
    04-18-15 12:05 PM
    Sorry I have no knowledge on this subject and I know nothing

Im sure there are some members here in CB that may know something, you'll have to wait for them to reply
    Last edited by blackbird666; 04-19-15 at 08:15 AM.
    Marijo_Varna likes this.
    04-18-15 12:53 PM
    Hello, just a few additions:

U can use the Passport keybaord to scroll in other apps, not all but quite a few, e.g. Crackberry, and within the Hub, within emails etc.

One feature that is for now limited to the browser is the ability to zoom in and out using the Passport keyboard (for now it may depend what OS you are on)

There are rumours that BlackBerry is working on introducing more features and capabilities to the keyboard, but just rumours for now.

Check Out TechCraze
    Marijo_Varna likes this.
    04-18-15 01:29 PM