How's if BlackBerry Passport make it possible to operate the device with cursor or pointer, like the old BlackBerry device? For example, double-tapping the keyboard while on the browser, makes the pointer pop-up, we can move the cursor around with the keyboard like using the track pad, and we can click links with it. When we want the pointer to go away, just double click the keyboard again. Disable this double-tapping feature, whenever we are writing on a text box, for example. That would be very convenient. What you think?
    10-10-14 05:43 PM
    No. Why would you want a pointer on a touch device?
    10-10-14 06:01 PM
    How's if BlackBerry Passport make it possible to operate the device with cursor or pointer, like the old BlackBerry device? For example, double-tapping the keyboard while on the browser, makes the pointer pop-up, we can move the cursor around with the keyboard like using the track pad, and we can click links with it. When we want the pointer to go away, just double click the keyboard again. Disable this double-tapping feature, whenever we are writing on a text box, for example. That would be very convenient. What you think?
    I agree, I hope they bring this with a future update!

It works great on web pages that have those menus that when you hover over they bring up more options, plus it was a lot more precise on the old devices.

I would also like to be able to swipe left and right on the keyboard to move between pages on the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 06:06 PM
    The Passport is compatible with Bluetooth mice and keyboards. The curser/pointer will pop up.
    With Bluetooth mouse & keyboard, and a Miracast LCD TV, it is like an ultra-portable computer setup in your pocket; completely wireless. Amazingly cool. Truly mobile computing.
    10-10-14 06:24 PM
    The touch keyboard functions basically only do keyboard things and scrolling... I'm fairly certain there was a reason for this. Ease of usability most likely...
    10-10-14 06:27 PM
    The Passport is compatible with Bluetooth mice and keyboards. The curser/pointer will pop up.
    With Bluetooth mouse & keyboard, and a Miracast LCD TV, it is like an ultra-portable computer setup in your pocket; completely wireless. Amazingly cool. Truly mobile computing.

Wait, so you connect a passport to a monitor?!
    10-10-14 06:32 PM
    Surfing and scroll are awesome in landscape mode if you can call it landscape on a square! But really nice for forums

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:27 PM
    So how do you do that?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:30 PM
    No. Why would you want a pointer on a touch device?
    Because it might help with the one-handed operation of the device. Especially when browsing. Lol. Bold devices, and classic would also feature cursors. I think.
    10-10-14 07:51 PM
    So how do you do that?

Posted via CB10
    HDMI port I guess. Or, using a Miracast adapter.
    10-10-14 07:51 PM
    Surfing and scroll are awesome in landscape mode if you can call it landscape on a square! But really nice for forums

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that's true. But what if we want to go to next pages. . The cursor would come in handy. At least that's what I think. Then it become a true hybrid device.
    10-10-14 07:52 PM
    Some LCD TV have build in Miracast ability, or you can pickup a Miracast dongle for your monitor or LCD TV.
    If you want to go the wired route, you can connect using a Slimport adapter and a HDMI cable.
    10-10-14 08:44 PM
    Some LCD TV have build in Miracast ability, or you can pickup a Miracast dongle for your monitor or LCD TV.
    If you want to go the wired route, you can connect using a Slimport adapter and a HDMI cable.
    Wow so it can be like a mini PC that you can dock. That's awesome! I really want to get this phone.
    10-13-14 10:17 PM
    Wow so it can be like a mini PC that you can dock. That's awesome! I really want to get this phone.
    It's not just this phone. All Blackberry 10 phones are like this. Even the Playbook could do this.

Also, pretty much all Android devices can do this.

In fact, I was doing this on my Symbian phone 4 years ago (Nokia N8) which supported USB or bluetooth mice/keyboard and HDMI.
    10-13-14 11:39 PM
    try to hit the cross marking on an advert screen with a finger. 9 out of 10 I open the advert instead of clicking it away (and i have skinny fingers). With the mouse pointer as on legacy BB you can click spot on. Other advantage is to have full one finger control on webpages.
    06-17-16 09:40 AM