Well, managed to damage my PP SE screen. apparently outside pressure from metal chain (don't ask LOL) damaged the LCD itself, as screen is absolutely intact.

Crushed my PP SE screen (Internal damage! outside it is ok) - a bit confused what to do...-gc8pctn.jpg
    Crushed my PP SE screen (Internal damage! outside it is ok) - a bit confused what to do...-y2nijgg.jpg

so the damage, is not big - that black spot over the operator/wifi information in the right top corner. If you do not pay attention to that, the screen is 100% operational, and no other effects (unless hard pressure to the spot, then the black stripes goes down to very bottom in the line...)

now, being the person, when everything MUST BE IN TACT, I am leaning to screen replacement. However, we recent developments, I am a bit in doubt if I really want to do that, and maybe I should just sell my PPSE (which is about 6 months old) and go with something else... I would still get quite decent amount for PPSE in current state which would be probably enough to buy some good specs. android (ie. Xiamomi Redmi Note 3)..

so in order to make my decision easier, few questions:
    - is there any difference between OG and SE screens, if buy one from Ebay?
    - will the local phone repair shops be able to do the work? won't it be too exotic for them? (I'm in UK)
    - is it hard to do it yourself? I mean - do I need to do soldering or any special tools in order to open the phone?
    - last - anyone interested in really mint condition unlocked 6 month old PPSE with slight screen damage? (would sell & ship to UK ONLY). <- Last resort only.

thanks
    04-09-16 02:00 PM
    It is difficult to believe this is really due to external pressure which left no external damage, unless the design is so inadequate it should be considered as a design defect. I think it is more likely you simply have a defective screen.
    04-09-16 03:49 PM
    It would be easy to to replace the bad screen if you were here in Shanghai lol!
    BTW, xiami is not suggested. I'm a Chinese.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    04-09-16 04:24 PM
    => OP

I would get a quote at your local phone shop, the UK is one of BlackBerry's best markets so it shouldn't be a problem.
    04-09-16 04:39 PM
    It is difficult to believe this is really due to external pressure which left no external damage, unless the design is so inadequate it should be considered as a design defect. I think it is more likely you simply have a defective screen.
    Well, I was sitting in a swing (for kids) with chains and probably screen was between me and chain.

On the other hand I should probably try to contact BlackBerry and since device is about 6 months old and screen is not damaged... maybe they'll do something, huh?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    04-09-16 08:42 PM
    It would be easy to to replace the bad screen if you were here in Shanghai lol!
    BTW, xiami is not suggested. I'm a Chinese.

Posted via CB10
    Why xiaomi is not suggested?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    04-09-16 08:43 PM
    I have read people going to phone fix up places to get the screen fixed up, but I cannot recall if they had a new screen with them.
    04-10-16 12:06 AM
    Well, I was sitting in a swing (for kids) with chains and probably screen was between me and chain.

On the other hand I should probably try to contact BlackBerry and since device is about 6 months old and screen is not damaged... maybe they'll do something, huh?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    If you don't ask then for sure you won't get.
    04-11-16 02:13 PM
    Why xiaomi is not suggested?

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    Why are Chinese made phones so affordable?

Because your data has a value

SE is for premium, unless you're that other fruit user
    04-12-16 08:10 AM
    - is there any difference between OG and SE screens, if buy one from Ebay?
    They are not the same. You need to get one specific to the SE model.
    04-12-16 08:18 AM
    OK, update.

Sent my PP SE back to seller. They sent it back to BlackBerry (as they say), and week later told me that BlackBerry is sending me a replacement.

It arrived in some old box... looked like that:

Crushed my PP SE screen (Internal damage! outside it is ok) - a bit confused what to do...-img_20160428_172435_hdr.jpg

I was like: WTF is dis ****?

So sent it back to them. Again, almost week later got another replacement. Again, old box, phone looks as new (all films etc) but it looks like the top of screen is a little bit lifting...

Still confused, should I send it back or what...

Three weeks on Android was horrible and I feel back at home!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 04:59 PM