I've had this problem for a few weeks too. I feel like it wasn't always the case. Is this worth a warranty return?

Posted via CB10
    I think it's up to you, but in my opinion a $600 phone shouldn't creak, especially with BB touting the industrial design. It's a toss up for me, because this phone is flawless otherwise: the battery life is great, the buttons are stiff and awesome, it just functions great.

Knowing my luck I'll get a phone that doesn't creak but has a ****ty battery or a screen that peels lol.
    04-06-15 12:43 AM
    Yeah, same. I have no other qualms but I doubt I'll get a brand new replacement if I submit a claim. I don't want to have deal with one issue spawning several. But there's this nagging thought that after the warranty expires it will get much worse.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:44 AM
    Yeah, same. I have no other qualms but I doubt I'll get a brand new replacement if I submit a claim. I don't want to have deal with one issue spawning several. But there's this nagging thought that after the warranty expires it will get much worse.

Posted via CB10
    The back is actually quite easy to take apart. There's 1 tamper evident screw (covered in some black rubbery ****), but you just take those screws off at the top and the 2 screws under the chin on the front and you can get into the back.

I might end up doing that and just wedging a little piece of something back there.
    04-06-15 01:47 AM
    It happened to mine and I got a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 02:15 AM
    Anyone who had this issue buy from Amazon but was outside return window?
    04-06-15 02:41 AM
    It happens to mine when I push there too. I reached out to blackberry and they told me to do that diagnosis app. Everything was fine so they concluded nothing is wrong and would not do a replacement...

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 05:41 AM
    My Passport creaks at the exact same spot as outlined by OP. I never noticed it before I read this thread.

Fortunately it's not a spot I ever actually put pressure on while using my lovely Passport so it doesn't bother me.

I've dropped my Passport a couple times so I can't say those drops didn't cause the creaking.

I've grown accustomed to using my Passport without a case and the body is slowly acquiring it's battle scars but the phone is built tough and still works fine.

After almost 6 months of daily usage I love my Passport more than ever!

Pic I just took with my Q10:

Creak when pushing Passport back cover-img_20150406_075621.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 07:07 AM
    It happens to mine when I push there too. I reached out to blackberry and they told me to do that diagnosis app. Everything was fine so they concluded nothing is wrong and would not do a replacement...

Posted via CB10
    Lol what a stupid ******* response on their part. It's obviously a cosmetic/manufacturing defect, but you should run an app because maaaaaybe the SoC, RAM, flashlight, or speakers are causing it!

Of course the diagnostic app is going to say nothing's wrong. If the hood of my car starts bulging up and is warped after a month, the dealer isn't going to call in the electrical technician to plug in his computers to run diagnostics.
    cashmoneyj likes this.
    04-06-15 11:11 AM
33 12