So I recieve email from head office with 3 attachments let's call them 1, 2 and 3.

I forward the email to the client and delete attachment 1.

Before sending it shows two attachments being sent

After sent I look at the sent email and it shows 5 attachments were sent

So it still sends attachments 1,2,3. But also sends 2,3. So it did delete but sent the intial ones anyhow. I am currently using a passport on Telus newest OS

Please help

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 04:08 PM
    Sorry forgot to mention this happens on both my hotmail account as well as my active sync account

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 04:12 PM
    Do you company logo on your email signature?

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    04-23-15 04:57 PM
    Well I think your right I have tested it when I forward an email from someone that have a jpg in their signature it does the crazy thing of leaving all attachments but if I get it from someone with no logo it's fine.

So I guess the question is. Is there a way to fix it

Posted via CB10
    baarn likes this.
    04-23-15 11:50 PM
    Happens all the time and is a function of html or plain text. Sounds like the original email and yours were in html and the recipient was set to plain text. With the latter, company logos, etc, are converted to attachments. Most people don't really care and you cannot control how the recipient has their mail set up so I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted via CB10
    baarn likes this.
    04-24-15 01:03 AM
    Happens all the time and is a function of html or plain text. Sounds like the original email and yours were in html and the recipient was set to plain text. With the latter, company logos, etc, are converted to attachments. Most people don't really care and you cannot control how the recipient has their mail set up so I wouldn't worry about it.
    I would most certainly worry about it. It's the sort of thing that could get you in to a lot of hot water if you accidentally forward confidential attachments. At least the OP is aware of the issue now and can work around it, but someone at BlackBerry really needs to look in to preventing it or at least making it more noticeable.
    04-24-15 05:45 AM
    That is exactly what happened a form got out that wasn't to go and no way to retract it. Could mean the loss off a big contract so thanks blackberry. I have put the case in through my provider and they will be sending to blackberry I am insisting a call from blackberry as this is very dangerous

Posted via CB10
    baarn and gvs1341 like this.
    04-24-15 07:32 AM
    Baarn,

I think I may have misunderstood and my comment was more about the corporate logos in the signature that will get converted to an attachment when going from HTML to rich text. So the "I wouldn't worry about it" comment was directed towards that and not actual attachments. Sorry for any confusion.

Kurt
    baarn likes this.
    04-27-15 12:57 PM