11-30-14 12:25 AM
1,654 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    Non. Didn't want to spend too much lol. I took my wife's credit card that's why lol

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:58 PM
    This is from the I Buy BBRY Shares...thread. Just thought I'd post, I cannot confirm validity, but I also would not be surprised knowing how incompetent DR is.

I called Digital River today. Same situation as you. They advised they have an overwhelming amount of orders that were placed and tracking numbers in most cases failed to be generated. They could not tell me if it was shipped or not. They said they were working around the clock to have tracking #'s sent out or updates emailed to customers as they are aware that customers were charged. I escalated the call as I found it strange no one could tell me if it was shipped or not. Did no good. End result....in 24-48 hrs an update should be hopefully sent out or perhaps the phone arrives.... not impressed
    10-08-14 06:08 PM
    Was your order ever on backoreder?
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 06:13 PM
    By the sentiment on this forum, it seems that DR is hard to deal with, not just with the current fiasco, but in general (ie. Claiming warranty).

I'm having second thought on buying through them now.
    Since I am overseas, it's not worth the savings if I ever need to claim warranty....

Previously owned 2 BB phones, no issues with their hardware so far (thank goodness).

Does DR allow order cancellation? If not, any of you guys want to buy it off me at cost (ie. price paid for handset + shipping, and any other cost dealing with freight forwarders).
    10-08-14 06:18 PM
    Seriously BlackBerry ! How can you market an in demand new device like this fiasco. Why use Digital River, I wonder. BB can't afford to fck up like this . Hope Mr Chen has looked into this
    10-08-14 06:24 PM
    By the looks and sentiment on this forum, it seems that DR is not reliable as an shopfront/web-shop or servicing customer in general (claiming warranty).

I am now having second thought. Since I don't live in the US, I might have issues claiming warranty. It's not worth the savings if that is the case.

I had 2 BB handset in the past, the hardware is excellent, and can stand "abuse", but I read reports that there are some cases where people have to return the phone because of manufacturing defects.

Thinking of cancelling order with DR, or if anyone here want to take it off my hand and buy it of me at cost (handset + shipping + cost from freight forwarder) let me know. Bear in mind I am still thinking. This all depends on when we can get BB Passport here at Oz.
    10-08-14 06:37 PM
    There a Fiasco here?

From My Consciousness to Yours Via BBQ10/10.3.0.xxxx
    10-08-14 06:44 PM
    I escalated my case with paypal to contact them and give me a refund for one bought a regular price and one at discount. DR is horrific to deal with. They need to be upfront with the customer and it all falls back to Blackberry for giving them the contract.

also someone in another post mentioned that it takes time to put the devices together, true indeed. But Foxcon the builder can summon thousands if not hundreds of thousands of employees in a heartbeat. A piece was done on them a while back either on time magazine or other magazine. Foxcon can get it done and get it done fast and efficient, Digital River they simply lack leadership and management. How can a company tell you to refuse shipment and then they will issue a refund? This is the most asinine thing i've heard in a while. I was going to eventually buy 20 phones, but not anymore. Either the ios or android will do. I was just looking at the passport because it is something different and i've had blackberry phones on and off since the curve which I still have unlocked from tmobile. But lack of respect for the customer experience as a whole has turned me away.
    thanks.
    10-08-14 06:52 PM
    There a Fiasco here?

From My Consciousness to Yours Via BBQ10/10.3.0.xxxx
    Well, reading the forum, I believe so....
    1. Discount code #FAIL
    2. Delivery #FAIL
    3. Timely feedback #FAIL

This is at the same time BlackBerry sending their Twitter follower to its shop.
    10-08-14 06:54 PM
    I escalated my case with paypal to contact them and give me a refund for one bought a regular price and one at discount. DR is horrific to deal with. They need to be upfront with the customer and it all falls back to Blackberry for giving them the contract.

also someone in another post mentioned that it takes time to put the devices together, true indeed. But Foxcon the builder can summon thousands if not hundreds of thousands of employees in a heartbeat. A piece was done on them a while back either on time magazine or other magazine. Foxcon can get it done and get it done fast and efficient, Digital River they simply lack leadership and management. How can a company tell you to refuse shipment and then they will issue a refund? This is the most asinine thing i've heard in a while. I was going to eventually buy 20 phones, but not anymore. Either the ios or android will do. I was just looking at the passport because it is something different and i've had blackberry phones on and off since the curve which I still have unlocked from tmobile. But lack of respect for the customer experience as a whole has turned me away.
    thanks.
    Foxcon is not the builder.... The Passport is assembled by BBRY. The Z3 is assembled by Foxcon
    10-08-14 06:57 PM
    It's interesting... I have the discount one from ShopBlackberry on backorder and another one on backorder at Amazon since the 2nd. I will probably end up getting both due to timing and have to send one back. I think a lot of people have done this so probably a full 1/3 of PPs on order are going to end up being sent back to one store or the other. It's going to really mess with the sales stats and inventory numbers and make it look like people are returning the device in droves.
    10-08-14 06:58 PM
    I think those that have a twitter account should sound the horn and let blackberry know how bad things have gone because of this outsource company. blackberry was looking for a comeback and it was either all in or not at all, they chose this company and they are getting a black eye not from fighting but bad rep.
    It has a huge number of fails, but some are lucky enough. I went ahead and bought it at the discounted rate, credit card is still at pending (I believe it will be processed when it gets to my friend in Chicago) and after that it will be on a 3 day courier to NZ.

I should have selected the 2 day shipping though, as it is now, smart post is not the smartest.

Well, reading the forum, I believe so....
    1. Discount code #FAIL
    2. Delivery #FAIL
    3. Timely feedback #FAIL

This is at the same time BlackBerry sending their Twitter follower to its shop.
    Coupon code still works for the Q10,Z10 and Q5.
    10-08-14 07:06 PM
    Has anyone actually got an actual answer when they call DR? I ask a question they beat around the bush almost as though they don't understand the question. Ends with me saying, "what does that mean" and they say "please wait 24-48 hours for an email" An email about what!?
    It's literally like talking to Siri's ******** son.

Posted via CB10
    bspence87 likes this.
    10-08-14 07:07 PM
    I think DR is the clueless middleman in this whole debacle. I think the gap truly lies with BlackBerry and FedEx. There is some type of JIT manufacturing / shipping thing going on to ensure that BlackBerry is cost-effective in terms of order fulfillment. They are taking every step to avoid over saturation in the market place and didn't forecast this much demand.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:20 PM
    Im in this same boat too! Ive been following the forums!

VIP Edition Passport Bundle ordered with discount in Canada
    Ordered : October 4th at 10:00 am
    Total Cost : 592 CAD (532 USD)
    Shipped to Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
    Ordered via Paypal! Confirmed Transfer from Credit Card! (Does this mean its shipped?)

Called them a few times and they told me 24-72 Hrs wait on an email! and that they flagged my order and sent a request for information from Blackberry. My follow up call was no more helpful! I will call again tomorrow!

I actually refused my blackberry passport (which came to my door on the 6th of October (this is what Digital River told me three times to do) from FEDEX so it can get shipped back for free , and then I can receieve my full refund. If I have to order a THIRD time .. they told me they will HONOR THE 592 VIP PRICE!!! Yes I asked her to confirm this and she told me yes they will! They constantly reassure me my order will be fufilled as everything has checked on their side! Im pretty sure its not many people working there however! (As I have called maybe 10 times total and the voices sound awfully similar .. only maybe 3 distinct voices ..maybe Im wrong?)

Still Waiting for my Discounted VIP!! But ill be patient until their 72 hours runs out
    10-08-14 07:45 PM
    I'm looking for a number to call BlackBerry directly. I'll find John Chens PIN and contact him directly if I have to, I'm get this phone, be assured of that.

Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew
    10-08-14 08:02 PM
    I'm still waiting on my order from Friday big fiasco. Just wanted to get my two cents in. It's not DR fault for this short comings, certain people underestimate the demand of the product. Now we have to deal with the rest of the world release amounts and the back orders. Be patient like the rest of us! I am assuming that the manufacturer is running 24/7. Cheers BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:28 PM
    I finally caved and called DR, inquiring after my VIP device, which has been charged to my CC.
    No new info to share: Rep says the device should've been shipped (Blackberry's policy to only charge when shipped), and created a ticket for me to obtain tracking info. Responses take 24-72 hrs to process
    10-08-14 08:29 PM
    I hope that in all of this, BlackBerry has been able to recognise that they have a problem with quick scalability. I know they are in a transition phase, but they are holding themselves back at this point.

They now have to try to supply the channels for more worldwide launches while trying to catch up backorders in the already launched countries. It seems to me that they basically need to double production just to make the problem not get any worse...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:47 PM
    Nicely put

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:52 PM
    Im in this same boat too! Ive been following the forums!

VIP Edition Passport Bundle ordered with discount in Canada
    Ordered : October 4th at 10:00 am
    Total Cost : 592 CAD (532 USD)
    Shipped to Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
    Ordered via Paypal! Confirmed Transfer from Credit Card! (Does this mean its shipped?)

Called them a few times and they told me 24-72 Hrs wait on an email! and that they flagged my order and sent a request for information from Blackberry. My follow up call was no more helpful! I will call again tomorrow!

I actually refused my blackberry passport (which came to my door on the 6th of October (this is what Digital River told me three times to do) from FEDEX so it can get shipped back for free , and then I can receieve my full refund. If I have to order a THIRD time .. they told me they will HONOR THE 592 VIP PRICE!!! Yes I asked her to confirm this and she told me yes they will! They constantly reassure me my order will be fufilled as everything has checked on their side! Im pretty sure its not many people working there however! (As I have called maybe 10 times total and the voices sound awfully similar .. only maybe 3 distinct voices ..maybe Im wrong?)

Still Waiting for my Discounted VIP!! But ill be patient until their 72 hours runs out
    Good to hear! Mine is $592 as well. To Toronto and has been charged to cc. I'm glad they're honoring it!!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:58 PM
    As I said a few times..... it is complicated for them and for us......

So this is how it looks like:

No inventory: Back order

Purchase Order sent to BlackBerry
    Blackberry books order with Sales Order number

Device is built
    Packaged and shipped, gets tracking number

You get charged on your CC

You receive your device.

They have tons and tons of orders on spreadsheets which are being sent out to keep everyone informed.

All of that is handled by (most likely) SAP

Pain in the arse if something does not refresh or another issue happens.

Nobody except of a few poor people in the back office have access and knowledge how to find all the info.

You are a SOB.

When in Stock:
    DR creates PO with distribution
    Distribution creates an SO
    Picks and ships it to you.

All managed via order portals and easily trackable for DR

This is the very reason why big companies use the channel model.

You do not have to employ a few hundred people to be on top of all the orders.

All that happens is just a few hundred orders a week that need to be looked after and it is always the same few clients placing the orders.

It is much more managable.

In the end it is the fault of the whole concept.

Amazon does not give you any information either. They cannot and won't.

Amazon fulfils either directly or via distribution.

Never directly via BB

DR can do both and is therefore able to shift more stock....

At the moment they wait for distribution to have stock and won't place direct orders.

Usually the direct orders are just a few hundred a month..... and not a few hundred a day....

Hope this helps...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-08-14 09:02 PM
    This is the most viable reason.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:12 PM
1,654 ... 5354555657 ...