11-29-14 11:25 PM
1,654 ... 4647484950 ...
tools
    DR's reply to my request for shipment and tracking info:

"We are working on resolving this issue. We have contacted the shipper on your behalf for detailed information about your order. You should be contacted back within 72 hours with further information about your shipping status."

I ordered the VIP with coupon thru Canadian store on Friday with everyone else and received the order confirmation email but no shipping email yet. Looks like DR just takes the money and sends a pick list/shipping confirmation to some BB warehouse for fulfillment.

Patience is the key and I'm sitting on my hands waiting for it.
    10-07-14 04:07 PM
    So its an random pick for shipment then? It's not FIFO?

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-07-14 04:09 PM
    I called them up, they just say it's back ordered even though they were supposed to ship Monday.

No clue when there will be more.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:27 PM
    Truthfully, DR is a total dysfunctional mess.

BlackBerry played it safe but clearly underestimated "consumer" demand. In the end it's a great product but the buying experience has been traditional "BlackBerry" in its poor execution.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:38 PM
    Truthfully, DR is a total dysfunctional mess.

BlackBerry played it safe but clearly underestimated "consumer" demand. In the end it's a great product but the buying experience has been traditional "BlackBerry" in its poor execution.

Posted via CB10
    IMO Digital River is mostly to blame. Googe "digital river sucks" and you'll get an eyeful. I've had past dealings with them and decided to backorder from Amazon, but the coupon was too good to pass up and I held my nose and ordered from DR then canceled the backorder at Amazon. That may turn out to have been a mistake.

I ordered around 5 p.m. Friday (central zone), got the confirmation hours later around 9:45, follow by the backorder email. Some people who ordered later than that seem to already the passport in hand. The order status is not a status, so you have no idea what is going on (unless it ships--seems like maybe shipping details show at that point?).

Honestly I was looking to switch back to Blackberry from iOS but if the purchase process is this annoying, and the phone ends up on backorder again, I'll just cancel the order (what I nightmare that's going to be!) and buy a new iPhone. Blackberry should never have engaged DR to handle their store.

It's not worth the hassle.
    10-07-14 04:53 PM
    I ordered 3 Passports and they are shipping mine to Puerto Rico. It was included in the price but I would have been more than happy to pay additional fee. They sent via FedEx Smart Post which means they used the USPS. Now I have to wait until the 23rd for my first one, VIP editin was charged but no tracking number was sent and my 3rd is on back order but was told in a response that they were scheduled to be in stock today for processing.

I'm in no rush so I'll spend my last moments with my z30 in the meantime.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-07-14 04:55 PM
    I ordered 3 Passports and they are shipping mine to Puerto Rico. It was included in the price but I would have been more than happy to pay additional fee. They sent via FedEx Smart Post which means they used the USPS. Now I have to wait until the 23rd for my first one, VIP editin was charged but no tracking number was sent and my 3rd is on back order but was told in a response that they were scheduled to be in stock today for processing.

I'm in no rush so I'll spend my last moments with my z30 in the meantime.
    You were told that your back orders would be in stock for processing?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:58 PM
    Same here when I called they said that mine was "scheduled for possessing today for shipment"

10-07-14 05:02 PM
    Ditto!

The charge on my card has gone through, so I am fully expecting the phone.
    10-07-14 05:05 PM
    I cancelled original order of non-vip and ordered vip. Original phone didn't get charged to cc but the vip which I ordered after did. I hope it comes. Someone please let us now when you get a vip device.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:12 PM
    So its an random pick for shipment then? It's not FIFO?

It's definitely not FIFO as I ordered mine well before a lot of members here did. They've received their items yet mine is still in "boxed shipment" status and on back order.

My order is regular Passport (they won't apply discount code since they said it's only for accessories) to the USA from the Shop BlackBerry website.

Channel for Asian eye candy
    10-07-14 05:12 PM
    It's definitely not FIFO as I ordered mine well before a lot of members here did. They've received their items yet mine is still in "boxed shipment" status and on back order.

My order is regular Passport (they won't apply discount code since they said it's only for accessories) to the USA from the Shop BlackBerry website.

Channel for Asian eye candy
    Ahh that sucks .

I am exactly in your situation as well but live in Canada.

Still showing boxed shipment status and I ordered the PP on Friday around 3pm.

10-07-14 05:13 PM
    Ahh that sucks .

I am exactly in your situation as well but live in Canada.

Still showing boxed shipment status and I ordered the PP on Friday around 3pm.

I too ordered mine around 3PM PDT and am in Victoria BC :/ still showing boxed shipment.
    10-07-14 05:17 PM
    I ordered late in the game and am backordered. I couldn't even see my order so sent an inquiry. Here is the response I received - still alive!!! I paid via paypal btw.

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We received your request to view your order.

We apologize for the inconvenience; unfortunately the product that you
    ordered is currently out of stock. Although we do not have an estimated
    arrival date, we are working to obtain more stock as soon as possible.

As soon as we receive your product, your order will be promptly shipped
    and you will be notified via email. Rest assured that we will not charge
    your card until the product ships. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
    10-07-14 05:18 PM
    Eeee!
    Paid and charged coupon price for canada, shows up as full price
    (Coupon no longer works) BlackBerry Passport for 9.00-img_20141007_181706.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and aminrajabi like this.
    10-07-14 05:18 PM
    Called FedEx, no packages have been shipped to me yet.

Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew
    I did the same. Nothing is being shipped to my house.
    10-07-14 05:49 PM
    Hi you guys, Im still unable to order a passport thru Blackberry Store, until now, any help. Tks all
    Well, IF (and it's a big IF) you want to take your chances on a Passport VIP, a link from ShopBB published on another Thread gets you directly to the Passport VIP for $699.00 (no discount this time, sorry)..

Anyway, I ordered a few hours ago, and no backorder e-mail, will keep you posted
    10-07-14 06:11 PM
    The link is in this thread too... page 11, but here it is for your convenience:
    BlackBerry US Online Store - BlackBerry Passport - Black (US/Canada)

Take caution though... some of us that have ordered the VIP (US store, with COUPON CODE on 10/3 to 10/4) have been charged (yes, no longer "pending transaction") on our credit cards but have NOT received any shipment tracking information for order.

Well, IF (and it's a big IF) you want to take your chances on a Passport VIP, a link from ShopBB published on another Thread gets you directly to the Passport VIP for $699.00 (no discount this time, sorry)..

Anyway, I ordered a few hours ago, and no backorder e-mail, will keep you posted
    10-07-14 06:21 PM
    I too ordered mine around 3PM PDT and am in Victoria BC :/ still showing boxed shipment.
    Don't forget about me... I ordered 4 pm mst and live in Colorado and still showing the ever popular "boxed shipment"
    Last edited by blkitr; 10-07-14 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    10-07-14 06:30 PM
    Glad it's going through for some, but screw the "vip" ship a normal package already.

Posted via CB10
    hnguyen likes this.
    10-07-14 06:32 PM
    Maybe they are honouring the coupon discount code for only normal Passports and the VIP ones will be sent as regular ones plus the extra case some of you have already received? Keeping my fingers crossed that IF (again, a big IF) paid full price for it, they will send the one with the case, and the extra chargers right away..

Happy Thoughts

Take caution though... some of us that have ordered the VIP (US store, with COUPON CODE on 10/3 to 10/4) have been charged (yes, no longer "pending transaction") on our credit cards but have NOT received any shipment tracking information for order.
    10-07-14 06:59 PM
    IMO Digital River is mostly to blame. Googe "digital river sucks" and you'll get an eyeful. I've had past dealings with them and decided to backorder from Amazon, but the coupon was too good to pass up and I held my nose and ordered from DR then canceled the backorder at Amazon. That may turn out to have been a mistake.

I ordered around 5 p.m. Friday (central zone), got the confirmation hours later around 9:45, follow by the backorder email. Some people who ordered later than that seem to already the passport in hand. The order status is not a status, so you have no idea what is going on (unless it ships--seems like maybe shipping details show at that point?).

Honestly I was looking to switch back to Blackberry from iOS but if the purchase process is this annoying, and the phone ends up on backorder again, I'll just cancel the order (what I nightmare that's going to be!) and buy a new iPhone. Blackberry should never have engaged DR to handle their store.

It's not worth the hassle.
    Well my last order was a couple of months ago when I bought the Z30, which was a flawless process with DR. However BlackBerry is partially to blame as they awarded them the contract to fulfill orders for them, and remember BlackBerry promotes them via their company website when looking to purchase an unlocked, unsubsidized, device.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:14 PM
    Well, I am fresh back from the Fed Ex depot here in Winnipeg and I am the proud new owner of a Blackberry Passport ...ahem ... hardshell complete with screen protectors.

I will have to now wait before I can accessorize it with some cool bling that of the likes of say an SQW perhaps.

I know this will dress my hardshell up just nicely. Yeah that's right, the passport is the accessory.

I have now joined in the search for Batman-esque stealth switch on the passport to see if i may counter it. True Blackberry security, I love it!

Now, stay tuned to the same blackberry thread @ the same blackberry time for live or recorded updates.

My wait continues...
    scottybonus7 and lyricidal like this.
    10-07-14 07:20 PM
    Canadian here! Regular passport ordered on Friday 4:30pm mountain standard time and arrived today. I also have the VIP on order which has now gone from pending to approved on my credit card.
    10-07-14 07:27 PM
    I literally just want a shipping confirmation at this point.

Posted via CB10
    aziandevil likes this.
    10-07-14 07:28 PM
1,654 ... 4647484950 ...