It's a pretty serious issue. I don't think we should be joking about it.
    Serious issue? So Digital River screwed up on a coupon code and a few hundred people took advantage of it (maybe, we still have to see if ALL the orders are filled). I think all along people have been posting things like if it works great, if it doesn't they understand. As far as I can tell Crackberry is really the limit of the scope of this discussion, and even if it did get reported on more widely it's not really a cause for bad press.

It's not like Passports are bending or the batteries are exploding or the OS sucks. Now that would be a serious issue. On the contrary, everyone loves it, and a few hundred people who got a great discount love it even more.
    10-05-14 11:29 PM
    Serious issue? So Digital River screwed up on a coupon code and a few hundred people took advantage of it (maybe, we still have to see if ALL the orders are filled). I think all along people have been posting things like if it works great, if it doesn't they understand. As far as I can tell Crackberry is really the limit of the scope of this discussion, and even if it did get reported on more widely it's not really a cause for bad press.

It's not like Passports are bending or the batteries are exploding or the OS sucks. Now that would be a serious issue. On the contrary, everyone loves it, and a few hundred people who got a great discount love it even more.
    It was posted on Red Flag Deals so a little wider spread than just CrackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 12:03 AM
    It was posted on Red Flag Deals so a little wider spread than just CrackBerry...

Posted via CB10

I don't think it was discussed in their forum -- I'm talking about the on-going trepidation and consternation over the honoring of the coupon code and how the discount came about. The coupon code itself was available widely and seemed to have an original expiration date of Nov. 1st.
    10-06-14 12:14 AM
    Back in stock now!11:50pm PST on Sunday. Unfortunately the coupons never work.
    10-06-14 12:54 AM
    Yep back in stock..buy!!

Only 1 available :/
    Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-06-14 01:04 AM
    anybody else get any shipping confirmation?
    10-06-14 06:24 AM
    Ordered the PP on Friday and no confirmation for me yet.
    10-06-14 06:38 AM
    No shipping confirmation either. Sunday I received an email saying that it was back ordered. I also did a request as I could not find my order online. So this morning I received a second automated email stating that it is back ordered however 15 minutes later I received a response to my request saying that although back ordered that they'd start shipping on the 6th (today).

I'm hoping that they will be shipped today or tomorrow !

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:00 AM
    Normal version not up at shopbb. Not for me anyway. Still waiting for amazon to fill

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:02 AM
    No shipping confirmation either. Sunday I received an email saying that it was back ordered. I also did a request as I could not find my order online. So this morning I received a second automated email stating that it is back ordered however 15 minutes later I received a response to my request saying that although back ordered that they'd start shipping on the 6th (today).

I'm hoping that they will be shipped today or tomorrow !

Posted via CB10
    I emailed customer support and they advised the VIP edition is supposed to ship today (Oct 6).

Let's cross our fingers and hope so.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:03 AM
    DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

First, I ordered the PP on launch day with back ordered status. Received shipping confirmation over a week later this Saturday and it is due to arrive here at home in Toronto before 1:30P today.

As soon as I saw this coupon post on Friday (Thanks OP) I ordered at the 25% discount around 6:30 and called Digital River to cancel the first order afterwards. They had no issues to do that for me and eventually cancellation did not go through because too deep in shipping process and email said I can refuse shipment or ship back for refund.

I want to enjoy this passport as soon as possible and I would say if the discounted passport does not get shipment today, I'm going to take the first regular priced one because I cannot wait any longer (I heart BB and Passport is the best thing since sliced bread)! I got confirmation email of the coupon'd PP at 7:24P on Friday and think it will process today for shipping because I did not get backordered email like many others.

I'm also wondering possibility to sell coupon one at regular price (with tax) on Kijiji completely unopened to have a win-win situation for someone in Toronto who wants the passport this week (obviously confirming delivery once I get the notification).

Any potential takers?
    10-06-14 07:06 AM
    I have seen a few on kijiji, the one priced between 7-750 are selling quickly.

Tried to get one for a friend in the end he ended up buying it from Telus.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-06-14 07:38 AM
    Today is the day hopefully. Most likely they open at 9.
    10-06-14 07:55 AM
    I'm curious to see what the VIP units actually look like. I can see some upset people if it is the same as retail packaging.

On the flip side some will be upset and kicking themselves for not getting the VIP one if it's different.

In the end if you do get your order remember you got an awesome deal and should all be happy.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-06-14 08:08 AM
    Today is the day hopefully. Most likely they open at 9.
    Who Are you referring to by 'they'? Are you going to be going somewhere to pickup the phone?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:09 AM
    Just got off phone with Digital River. Spoke with supervisor and was told they would make a note on my acct and apply coupon code upon shipment of my passport. As far as I know, VIP edition is available for purchase right now with no backorder. Comes with case, different packaging and headphones and some promo products. Other than that, same phone but available for $699 cad. But coupon code doesn't work on it.

Posted via CB10
    aminrajabi likes this.
    10-06-14 08:30 AM
    Just got off phone with Digital River. Spoke with supervisor and was told they would make a note on my acct and apply coupon code upon shipment of my passport. As far as I know, VIP edition is available for purchase right now with no backorder. Comes with case, different packaging and headphones and some promo products. Other than that, same phone but available for $699 cad. But coupon code doesn't work on it.

Posted via CB10
    Why? Is the coupon code still working on regular one????

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:33 AM
    I ordered the VIP edition with the coupon, on 10/04/14 Saturday Morning at 1am and Order confirmation was received 8 hrs later.
    My credit card was charged yesterday (at what time I don't know) and I haven't received a shipping notice yet.

Hopefully the shipping notice will be received later today!
    10-06-14 08:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    No it's not working anymore for any of the passports.
    10-06-14 08:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    So you got a revoked coupon applied on a previous order now...? Great work BlackBerry, way to rip off people who ordered full price just 2 weeks ago on launch and for people outside of the us..

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    10-06-14 08:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    In one of the other threads a user posted that you may be able to call Digital River and if your order is time stamped during the period the coupon was valid, they may apply it for you.
    10-06-14 08:51 AM
    Sorry guys. Should clarify. My order date was Sept.24 and they said they would honor it.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:53 AM
    So you got a revoked coupon applied on a previous order now...? Great work BlackBerry, way to rip off people who ordered full price just 2 weeks ago on launch and for people outside of the us..

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    Gee828 was outside of the USA.
    10-06-14 08:54 AM
    Gee828 was outside of the USA.
    Us+canada then...

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    10-06-14 08:54 AM
    Just ordered a VIP for the hell of it. It comes with free shipping in Canada compared to the first non VIP I ordered. Still waiting for shipping email for the first one. DR told me they would start shipping today from BlackBerry warehouse, nothing to do with DR.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:02 AM
1,654 ... 3132333435 ...