My Rogers order hasn't arrived, this one is lost on limbo maybe it's a sign I am not supposed to get a passport. I'm going to use the one plus one and when this phone shows up on the BB employee site maybe I will think about buying it then.
    10-10-14 06:08 PM
    Same email for Oct 29th. Thats a start for proper communication. Secretly hoping theywill ship it our earlier than Oct 29th as everyone here seemed to get the same email
    blkitr likes this.
    10-10-14 06:15 PM
    I got the same email as well. At least it's a date...
    10-10-14 06:18 PM
    Did not receive an e-mail, VIP order, but I also did not open up a ticket with them. I did not receive a back ordered e-mail either. Those who received the e-mail, please clarify:

1) VIP or Regular
    2) Back ordered or not
    3) If you've opened a ticket
    10-10-14 06:20 PM
    Did not receive an e-mail, VIP order, but I also did not open up a ticket with them. I did not receive a back ordered e-mail either. Those who received the e-mail, please clarify:

1) VIP or Regular
    2) Backordered
    1. Regular + hard shell case with discount code applied to both
    2. Back ordered
    3. I have never emailed or called DR
    Last edited by gelatinous; 10-10-14 at 06:23 PM. Reason: apparently I can't spell
    10-10-14 06:21 PM

1) VIP or Regular
    2) Back ordered or not
    Regular
    Got back order email
    No ticket opened..
    10-10-14 06:22 PM
    Regular
    Ordered on launch day, got backorder email
    No ticket

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 06:28 PM
    Man I want a passport so bad
    10-10-14 06:32 PM
    Ah, OK, thanks all for the feedback. In addition, just saw the other thread about the e-mail and also the VIP waiting lounge thread and those two essentially confirm no one who ordered a VIP has received the e-mail. So the conclusion is it's for 'regular' orders who ended up back ordered (and irrespective of whether they opened up a ticket with DR or not). With my luck, VIP order will mean an even longer wait...*sigh*
    10-10-14 06:37 PM
    So much whining....so little patience. Most wanted the Passport to do well. It has done better than that!

BlackBerry had to be conservative in manufacturing so that they didn't have to do write downs on unsold stock.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-10-14 06:45 PM
    I personally called them and they told me the same october 29th thing despite the fact that i told her its the VIP model. Apparently shes heared the term "VIP Passport" many many times , as I asked. However, I have a feeling they are completely clueless as to what exactly the VIP model is and I doubt the october 29th date even applies , as I never received the email (despite them telling me I will receive an email within 24-72 hrs). They told me 24-72 hours at first, I waited 3 days, then called again. They said 24-48 hours, then I waited that. And now theyre telling me 24-72 hours again for this "email" that will save me.... But no, I never recieved any email with regards to Oct 29th, in fact I never received a single email other than the initial order. On top of that, they have my money! My CC was charged already.

Waiting for my discounted VIP Passport still
    buburimbu likes this.
    10-10-14 06:59 PM
    Man I want a passport so bad
    I actually had one, at my door, but I had to refuse it.. I ordered one, but then got in on coupongate and decided to cancel my order and reorder with the coupon rather than deal with customer service..The returned passport has been sitting at Fedex in my local city for the last 5 days.. I contacted fedex and they said they had not heard anything back from the shipper as to what to do with it. :S I've contacted DR yesterday morning and its still sitting at the local depot as of this evening..
    10-10-14 07:06 PM
    I actually had one, at my door, but I had to refuse it.. I ordered one, but then got in on coupongate and decided to cancel my order and reorder with the coupon rather than deal with customer service..The returned passport has been sitting at Fedex in my local city for the last 5 days.. I contacted fedex and they said they had not heard anything back from the shipper as to what to do with it. :S I've contacted DR yesterday morning and its still sitting at the local depot as of this evening..
    You should try to get it back and see if they will honor the coupon on the original order
    spike12 likes this.
    10-10-14 07:10 PM
    I personally called them and they told me the same october 29th thing despite the fact that i told her its the VIP model. Apparently shes heared the term "VIP Passport" many many times , as I asked. However, I have a feeling they are completely clueless as to what exactly the VIP model is and I doubt the october 29th date even applies , as I never received the email (despite them telling me I will receive an email within 24-72 hrs). They told me 24-72 hours at first, I waited 3 days, then called again. They said 24-48 hours, then I waited that. And now theyre telling me 24-72 hours again for this "email" that will save me.... But no, I never recieved any email with regards to Oct 29th, in fact I never received a single email other than the initial order. On top of that, they have my money! My CC was charged already.

Waiting for my discounted VIP Passport still
    Same thing is going on with me. The "wait."
    10-10-14 07:19 PM
    Ah, OK, thanks all for the feedback. In addition, just saw the other thread about the e-mail and also the VIP waiting lounge thread and those two essentially confirm no one who ordered a VIP has received the e-mail. So the conclusion is it's for 'regular' orders who ended up back ordered (and irrespective of whether they opened up a ticket with DR or not). With my luck, VIP order will mean an even longer wait...*sigh*
    Not true. I received the email and I ordered a "VIP" with coupon.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:24 PM
    On the same boat here.
    1) VIP , ship to Canada, ordered on Canada site.
    2) No Back ordered
    3) I've emailed them and informed to wait 24-72 hrs, does't looks like have a ticket number.

Btw, Order on OCT 4th EST about 6 pm. No shipping info ever.
    10-10-14 07:41 PM
    Not true. I received the email and I ordered a "VIP" with coupon.

Posted via CB10
    When did you order it?
    10-10-14 07:42 PM
    You should try to get it back and see if they will honor the coupon on the original order
    At this point, I don't really trust them to be coordinated to pull it off properly.. lol. As much as it hurts, I don't mind waiting given they seem to be honouring the coupon and will get it to me evetually. I'm going to try and enjoy my last few weeks with my Q.
    10-10-14 07:47 PM
    How can you resist temptation like that? If I were you, I would return to Fedex immediately and get my hands all over that phone, you could use it, and try to get a partial refund, or sell it to any of the most unfortunate ones (like me) and make a profit, you have until the end of the month.

But an unopened blackberry passport sitting at a Fedex office? That's just wrong! To me this is more than proof that most of the fu… up was made by DR and not BBRY, that's bad logistics right there. They could even relocate that phone to another purchaser. I honestly do not think that the website was supposed to open stock again on the 3rd.
    10-10-14 07:49 PM
    After email I called DR to confirm as I have 2 orders. They said my original order from the 24th is the one scheduled for the 29th. And my VIP order from the 6th has been billed (verified by credit card charges) and would be shipping as they did receive physically for shipping. So who knows what the story is. My original is not showing anymore in my CC.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:58 PM
    ok, so if i understand this correctly. When we ordered (I ordered the vip canada for US delivery) it was showing as being in stock. Now, they are saying its not in stock? Or that it was never in stock? or they kept changing in stock to out of stock and back and forth? That sounds kinda bullsh*t fishy to me. I ordered 10/4 at about 3 am. The only good thing is that I ordered from amazon last week as well, and neither have sent a back order email yet.
    ZeroBarrier likes this.
    10-10-14 07:58 PM
    So, I got the email too: 29th of October and have decided to pull the plug.
    After some thought, I decided its not worth it, even with the discount.
    I appreciate the fact that a lot of people still want to go through with it though, but for me the reward is a diminishing one.
    Was thinking of getting a different phone when I came across this coupon. I am now re-evaluating my choice again.

What my order was: Normal BB Passport with Coupon, ordered on 3rd with express shipping.
    Got all the mails: Confirmation, Invoice, back order, and now the apology email.

Good luck everyone with your Passport order. Hope you guys got a good outcome.
    Meanwhile, this time around, I will wait and see since these phones will be available locally here WAY BEFORE 29th.

PS: I believe there will be case studies in the future for business/marketing students on how not to stuff up BB Passport launch.
    TODZ10 likes this.
    10-10-14 08:18 PM
    Got the email as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:23 PM
    loll this whole thing is so idiotic

I'm thinking of calling in and just cancelling my order because they've already taken $592 from me and if it's going to be like 2 months of waiting there's no point. I'd rather get that money back at this point loll.

Almost positive the "VIP" versions don't exist - how could they? If they didn't over-produce on the consumer versions, why would they have excess stock of packages that were mean to be given out at launch events and to the media as review units?

Keep dreaming if you're expecting to receive that big box with the hard case plus the 3 different chargers...

Let's clarify a lot of misconceptions that's floating around:

1) The VIP edition is the large box that includes the hard case plus 3 different chargers, these were given to the media as review units, and to people at the launch event

2) It's not the all black edition - that's in Dubai only

3) There's a lot of confusion going on since some people ordered the regular passport, and others ordered the VIP, both concerning the coupon gate fiasco...so let's clear somethings up so people don't have false hope:

I ordered the VIP at 2am on Oct. 4th, received two emails (the initial one, then the 2nd one which confirms the order is being processed) - never received any other emails regarding shipping, backordered, Oct. 29th , etc NOTHING. No updates.

5) That thing about "not charging you" or "not taking the money" until it ships? False - I was charged, I was billed, my bill was due yesterday, I've paid it.

I can almost guarantee that any email updates, any shipments that people have received - are the REGULAR passport.

DR has no idea WTF is going on with the VIP edition so for anyone who ordered THAT version, don't waste your time checking this thread because it's all concerning people who ordered the normal one before it went OOS.

At best - once they've figured it all out, you'll end up getting the regular edition - or you'll get the case, chargers, and phone all separately.

Don't expect them to sort this out until they have all the regular passport folks sorted out first.
    Last edited by evodevo69; 10-10-14 at 09:37 PM.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    10-10-14 09:08 PM
    evodevo69,

I don't think that anyone really knows what the "VIP" that was ordered during coupon gate really is. There is much speculation that it is the large box containing the hard case and chargers because there was a video posted of a "VIP" unboxed. But, it is only speculation, so I don't think you can clarify that misconception. The VIP description said nothing about cases or chargers etc., just VIP.

I don't recall reading anything about anyone getting a concrete answer from DR as to, what is the VIP device that they ordered.

The fact that the VIP device was able to be found on the DR website by the general public is DR's fault, as was the fact that a 15% accessory coupon could be used to purchase the PP. But, I don't think they ever planned it that way, so they probably don't have a plan as to how they will fulfill those orders. (or at least they didn't right away)

I hope that everything gets worked out in an acceptable manner for all of those that ordered, but I'm not sure there is a lot of clarity to be handed out yet.
    10-10-14 09:58 PM
1,654 ... 5960616263 ...