Just spoke with DR and they said they estimated restock date is today. Sooo, I guess we'll see.
    Funny because they said to a friend of mine today that they had no idea when they would be restocked with Passports as BlackBerry hasn't told them.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 03:28 PM
    Check out this ridiculous reply I got to a follow up email complaining about my card being charged. Rest assured...right....I'm complaining about being charged

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We apologize for the inconvenience; unfortunately the product that you
    ordered is currently out of stock. Although we do not have an estimated
    arrival date, we are working to obtain more stock as soon as possible.

We submit a ticket to our higher department so that your concern will be
    follow up, please allow us 2-3 business days for the update.

Ticket number: 587100

As soon as we receive your product, your order will be promptly shipped
    and you will be notified via email. Rest assured that we will not charge
    your card until the product ships. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Rogelio C.
    BlackBerry online store
    Customer Service
    [email protected]
    Email ID: 28683182

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
    Hi Chris,

Thank you for the update however I did want to clarify one thing. My
    credit card has already been charged for the full amount of the order
    which based on all information I have seen and in your email below means
    the phone should have been shipped. It is interesting because the charge
    for the phone portion of the order actual posted to my credit card two
    days before a separate charge for the cases.‎ I've attached a screen
    shot. I'm excited to continue my long time support of BlackBerry and
    cannot wait to get my hands on this beast!

Thanks,

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    10-10-14 03:37 PM
    The initial charge is just to make sure the funds are there... it's a temp hold... they don't actually take it until it ships
    10-10-14 03:48 PM
    The initial charge is just to make sure the funds are there... it's a temp hold... they don't actually take it until it ships
    If that reply was meant for me, I am talking an actual posted transaction not a pending charge....as shown from my online account:

(Coupon no longer works) BlackBerry Passport for 9.00-cc-charge-blackberry.jpg
    10-10-14 03:52 PM
    Just blowing smoke? Or they really say that?

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't do that to you guys. That's what they really said. I take it with a grain of salt though.
    10-10-14 04:02 PM
    Just got this!!!??

As a valued BlackBerry customer, we want to personally thank you for the order you have recently placed to receive a BlackBerry� Passport.

We are writing to inform you that we will begin shipping devices by October 29th. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused you.

If you have any questions, please call us directly at 1-866-957-0761

Thank you for your continued support and for remaining a BlackBerry customer.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:17 PM
    As I read this forum I got an awesome notification from BlackBerry.

(Coupon no longer works) BlackBerry Passport for 9.00-img_20141010_141630.png

Posted via CB10
    (Coupon no longer works) BlackBerry Passport for 9.00-img_20141010_171640.png

Posted via CB10
    Wow I guess blackberry has sent out a lot of emails.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:18 PM
    Got the same email... guess they finally heard us. Damn Oct 29th? That's a little aggressive. Diff between my order and people that received it already was less than 30min...

Oh well, what can you do, at least I have a date now...
    10-10-14 04:20 PM
    Yup! Man I was hoping to get something by next week. Too much pining

Posted via CB10
    Got the email.

Posted via CB10
    Someone needs to call that # and ask them about details on what the hell "VIP" actually entails.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:22 PM
    Just got the emAil too. This sucks, hopefully by the 29th means it'll still come earlier. One can only hope I guess
    10-10-14 04:22 PM
    So what does that mean for people that have gotten a shipping notice and they have no idea where the device is.
    10-10-14 04:24 PM
    So what does that mean for people that have gotten a shipping notice and they have no idea where the device is.
    Did you not get a tracking number? Mine got delivered to destination today.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-10-14 04:26 PM
    I got a tracking number but apparently according to fedex only the shipping label was generated and nothing really shipped. DR says order is complete and shipped and I need to follow up with fedex. DR charged my credit card extra dollars.

Finally after 3 days DR opened a ticket to track what happened to he order and I have to wait 3 days for a reply and then I will get the back order email.
    10-10-14 04:34 PM
    So you coupon people actually prepaid your devices to get them manufactured. Quite interesting strategy from BlackBerry, it might work only once though. I wont be preordering anything with their BS coupons if I have to wait a month to get it.
    10-10-14 04:37 PM
    Makes me wonder how many orders they need to fill if it's going to take 3 weeks before they have them ready
    10-10-14 04:39 PM
    Too funny, I'm actually on the phone with shop blackberry right now. Gave my order number, and they put me in hold.

Within 5 mins, I receive this email from them, while I'm still on the phone :

"
    As a valued BlackBerry customer, we want to personally thank you for the order you have recently placed to receive a BlackBerry� Passport.

We are writing to inform you that we will begin shipping devices by October 29th. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused you.

If you have any questions, please call us directly at 1-866-957-0761

Thank you for your continued support and for remaining a BlackBerry customer.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry "

This is so disappointing and absolutely a negative experience with BlackBerry.

I've been a user of BlackBerry for the last 12 years and have always stuck it out with them.

I'm in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and there is a serious problem here. From a consumer perspective, this is unacceptable that at a launch of a product you don't have inventory for your online store.

You're better off not opening the online store till you have inventory to at least service customer in a timely manner. This is simply a very bad executed supply chain, period!

Very disappointed to say the least.

Now, they say BY October 29th, I guess I'll get it by Xmas if I'm lucky.

I think I have a better chance at winning at the roger contest for a passport! Just ridiculous! :-)

One disappointed BB10 User!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:42 PM
    Got the same email... guess they finally heard us. Damn Oct 29th? That's a little aggressive. Diff between my order and people that received it already was less than 30min...

Oh well, what can you do, at least I have a date now...
    And when that date comes and goes? Then what?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 04:43 PM
    And when that date comes and goes? Then what?

Posted via CB10
    When that date comes and goes, everyone will mass cancel, and leave BlackBerry holding the bag for all these unsold units they manufactured to keep up with demand.

I WAS just going to cancel, because I'm not buying a 2 month old phone.

Plus the Nexus6 might be announced by then, and it's looking very good right now.

But I might just wait until the day before. Just to be a jerk

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 05:31 PM
    I sure hope the that as they get stock, they will continue to fulfill, rather than just holding to release a large batch on Oct 29th. Hopefully the date is given the slew of preorders and when, within a reasonable expectation, the last order may be filled. However, this is all just speculation and I can be way off base here.

Good to hear passport is ripping it, now get them on the carriers and step up the marketing on em...
    10-10-14 05:37 PM
    I got the email too buy not sure if it impacts my back ordered order and my "completed" order that hasn't shipped either even though they charged my card. Replied to the last terrible email from DR and cc'd investor relations, media and legal departments. If they hadn't actually charged my credit card (no it isn't a pending charge) and responded with an email stating my card would not be charged until it ships, I would have left it alone.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 304965
    10-10-14 05:45 PM
    After three years, one guy from blackberry will state in an interview that " We underestimated the demand for passport. People went so crazy that DR Customer service was bombarded with phone calls. We had to work round the clock to meet the demand. It made us realize what blackberry is and how people are always ready to welcome innovation."

Z10 in hand. Passport in mind.
    10-10-14 06:02 PM
1,654 ... 5859606162 ...