Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew
    Incognito31two likes this.
    10-08-14 10:29 PM
    Go to the back and make an order.

Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:38 PM
    I've noticed a few people in the states have their packages shipping out of Indianapolis Indiana. Does BlackBerry have a warehouse I need to know about?
    Sometimes company says to FedEx, here's 5000 units, for example, keep them in your warehouse and we will let you know when orders come in. Then FedEx goes to the inventory, takes x amount and ships them out across the country.

It's actually a pretty interesting subject.
    10-08-14 10:52 PM
    So I ordered a non vip on launch for full price and a vip at discount. I still haven't even received the non vip from launch day and people who ordered the non vip on discount over a week and a half later are getting theirs. Wtf??

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:57 PM
    I, for one, am very happy to see that there IS a demand. All this whining is getting a little old. Yes, I can choose to not read this thread I understand.

Bottom line is this: "logistics" and "JIT" always sucked in the past, and suck even more when it affects us directly like this.

It's incredibly difficult to lay the blame on any one of the parties involved here. Should Blackberry have built many more units that would then caused another write-down? Can't really blame them for taking the safe route instead of doing that again.

Here's another thought. Many of us ordered after hours on Friday. So a full THREE business days has past. I have some patience left in me, even though I'm itching to get my hands on the VIP with my discount just as much as the rest of us in here.

I think cooler heads need to prevail.

My two cents.
    bungaboy, mf1982 and Michael Ames1 like this.
    10-08-14 11:18 PM
    Same thing happened to me, i bought one at full price here in Canada, but found out about the coupon code after. So i emailed support and told them i forgot to put it in at checkout. Just got an email from Paypal saying i've been refunded $174 from digital river. Very happy, and loving the Passport!

I will say they first refused my refund, so i said i was going to return it and that elevated it. Just a tip for anyone else that bought the passport at full price.
    timeride and bungaboy like this.
    10-08-14 11:25 PM
    I, for one, am very happy to see that there IS a demand. All this whining is getting a little old. Yes, I can choose to not read this thread I understand.

Bottom line is this: "logistics" and "JIT" always sucked in the past, and suck even more when it affects us directly like this.

It's incredibly difficult to lay the blame on any one of the parties involved here. Should Blackberry have built many more units that would then caused another write-down? Can't really blame them for taking the safe route instead of doing that again.

Here's another thought. Many of us ordered after hours on Friday. So a full THREE business days has past. I have some patience left in me, even though I'm itching to get my hands on the VIP with my discount just as much as the rest of us in here.

I think cooler heads need to prevail.

My two cents.
    I don't think these are extra demands. I rather think many people waited and saw this coupon and rushed to order. The devices are still from the first batch production. Plus these are retail demands but not enterprise orders. I hope to see some large corporates ordered devices for business but I doubt it.
    10-08-14 11:42 PM
    Yeah....... with apple you are getting the same. You just have a massive queueing system that tells you: the iPhone you have ordered is not available for another month. You should have stood outside our stores to get it.
    Hahahaha, yeah true in regards to Apple and Amazon. Manufacturing and logistics does take time. There is one major difference though: Management of expectation. With Apple, you know (and expect) the delay. They told you before you place the order.

Now when i placed my order on the 3rd, i was shown "available and in stock", "2 days express delivery". Now, what do you think i expect? Yup, you guessed right: "ah yeah, i will get a new phone by the latest on Tuesday".

When the back order email arrived the next day, alright, fair enough, this things happens, although i dont like it, i have to wait. While waiting, report started popping up that ppl who ordered later than i did got their phone delivered first. I immediately got my expectation jumbeled up, i need clarification. This comes in a form of needing assurances from BlackBerry or DR. That never came. There are even report on this thread that day one purchasers havent even got their phone.

I do appreciate BlackBerry is apprehensive about having more stocks than necessary. Combined with a sh***y system ( which renders JIT useless), it create a lot of backlash for the company. The least they can do os acknowledged it.
    10-09-14 03:22 AM
    so as an update my shipping number was just the shipping label created and nothing actually shipped. I called yesterday and was told to wait. Now they finally opened a ticket with the warehouse to track it down. so I have to wait the "2-3" business days for a response
    10-09-14 08:10 AM
    I just picked up mine at the local Fedex depot. I ordered it Friday from the Canadian store. The shipping notice email arrived Tuesday. Today, Thursday, I am in the possession of a piano Black Passport.

(Coupon no longer works) BlackBerry Passport for 9.00-img_20141009_104845.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 08:49 AM
    I just picked up mine at the local Fedex depot. I ordered it Friday from the Canadian store. The shipping notice email arrived Tuesday. Today, Thursday, I am in the possession of a piano Black Passport.

Gives me some hope here in Toronto...still no tracking number on my VIP, hoping for a next week delivery. Cancelled my original order at DR this morning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141009_104845.jpg 
Views:	1935 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	304467

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 08:54 AM
    Is that the VIP model? Is it all black?
    10-09-14 09:03 AM
    All black is not vip. All black was a dubai special.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 09:11 AM
    Just the normal model. I was excited when I saw Piano Black, but It was just like the other Passport I have, Black back and keyboard, stainless steel sides.

Going by the picture, this one was boxed September 25th.
    Last edited by robsteve; 10-09-14 at 09:29 AM.
    10-09-14 09:12 AM
    I should have ordered from the Canadian store, I ordered from the US store and wanted it ship to the states, the system made an error and put the shipping address as my Canadian one. I want allowed to switch the address so I left the order alone.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-09-14 09:21 AM
    Why do people keep thinking the VIP is the all black one..it been said in this thread so many times including other threads that the VIP is the same.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-09-14 09:27 AM
    I don't think these are extra demands. I rather think many people waited and saw this coupon and rushed to order. The devices are still from the first batch production. Plus these are retail demands but not enterprise orders. I hope to see some large corporates ordered devices for business but I doubt it.

This is not from the first batch. Its actually from the second batch that was in production.
    10-09-14 10:07 AM
    I ordered mine launch day and paid full price which was a whopping $805.00 to ship to Toronto, after finding out about this code and missing the sale, got very mad and emailed webhelp at digital river to get a partial refund/price adjustment, others said they tried as well and were denied. After 4 days of going back and forth I got this email today, so hopfully all is good now with the refund. Others who bought launch day should try the same.

(Coupon no longer works) BlackBerry Passport for 9.00-bb.jpg
    lyricidal likes this.
    10-09-14 10:10 AM
    I ordered mine launch day and paid full price which was a whopping $805.00 to ship to Toronto, after finding out about this code and missing the sale, got very mad and emailed webhelp at digital river to get a partial refund/price adjustment, others said they tried as well and were denied. After 4 days of going back and forth I got this email today, so hopfully all is good now with the refund. Others who bought launch day should try the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb.jpg 
Views:	780 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	304490
    A few of us have tried but we've been told no. Maybe it was your 4 days of back and forth that did it. Either way, hoping that my discounted one is delivered which means i will cancel the original order anyway.
    10-09-14 10:39 AM
    So the real trick to getting a discount Passport is to buy it regular and then go QQing to DR about overpaying. Good to know.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:56 AM
    i just checked my bank account, my order is now credited back, no more sign of the order. i automatically assumed my order is cancelled. anyone got this too?
    10-09-14 11:18 AM
    i just checked my bank account, my order is now credited back, no more sign of the order. i automatically assumed my order is cancelled. anyone got this too?
    My order was never charged, only preauthorized and is no longer showing as well. I believe that this is normal, and the preauth is still valid just not showing. Check your order with the findmyorder link in the shopbb emails.
    allmotorsi likes this.
    10-09-14 11:32 AM
    Mine is still showing in the "view my order" link but my card doesn't have a hold for any funds. Last night it vanished.... not sure if it was for the passport but my available balance jumped 650 ish.....so I may be in the same boat. if it's cancelled I sure didn't hear about it..

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:32 AM
    Yeah after a few days the pending charge goes in a holding pattern. They still have it but doesn't take away from available balance.

as someone else mentioned they then wait for the merchant to say so I charge or not.
    10-09-14 11:37 AM
    Yeah after a few days the pending charge goes in a holding pattern. They still have it but doesn't take away from available balance.

as someone else mentioned they then wait for the merchant to say so I charge or not.
    Yep. My pre-auth payment is no longer showing as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:46 AM
1,654 ... 5556575859 ...