I have contacted a friend at blackberry head office and told him of all the issues he is going to look into it for me now.
    are they not aware of the issues? i would have imagined that somebody is paying attention to the logistics, or lack there of rather...
    10-08-14 09:48 AM
    I have contacted a friend at blackberry head office and told him of all the issues he is going to look into it for me now.
    And me too, right? Tell him about the VIPs

Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew
    10-08-14 09:49 AM
    I am sure they are probably aware of the issues, he probably got tired of my complaining this morning and asked for a link to this thread and a detail account of all my interactions with DR
    10-08-14 09:56 AM
    That is awesome since so far, none of this makes sense. There are some people who placed their order on launch day (i.e. Sept. 24) who have not received a phone yet, while some people who only ordered this weekend have already got theirs. Obviously it is not FIFO which it should be when it comes to fulfilling backorders. Frustrating situation for all involved.
    10-08-14 10:23 AM
    I got the tracking info last night. I ordered the regular Passport from Canadian store with the discount. Used Paypal linked to a Visa card. My order was made about half an hour after this thread started. It looks like it shipped last night and should be here in Atlantic Canada tomorrow.

Be patient and you will get your phones if your cards are charged. We went through all this same stuff a few years ago when the PlayBook went on sale around this time of the year. It got to the point the CFO of GlobalScape got on the thread and explained the situation. GlobalScape ran the BlackBerry store back then. I am sure they were using the same systems, as it all works the same way now. The CFO said if your card is charged you would get the PlayBook. It all worked out in the end.
    10-08-14 10:25 AM
    Well they charged my credit card, not to be confused with pre-authorization. Then they emailed me saying they canceled my order as they could not authorized my cc. Yet my cc was charged???

I talked to them and they said they needed 72 hrs to figure it out before I would have to re-order it.

Red-order it??? I explain that the VIP is no longer showing on their site, that is have already been charged on my cc and there only response was that they needed 72 hours to figure that out... and that I would probably have to re-order it. WTF???

Honestly, what a bunch of a$$ clowns. Total joke of a company.

Posted via CB10
    I am in a similar boat.

Received an email this morning, with my information, but ANOTHER ORDER NUMBER, which stated my order had been canceled because they hadn't received payment yet. Then said, if I had sent payment, to disregard.
    I checked through findmyorder.com --same as always, no information other than the invoice.
    Checked with my CC--the amount had been pre-authorized on the weekend, and today showed and having been fully charged.
    Yet I get this ridiculousness? With all of this, I think, IF I ever receive them, I will just send them back (I'd ordered two) and deal with getting them later from another supplier.
    10-08-14 10:45 AM
    I got the tracking info last night. I ordered the regular Passport from Canadian store with the discount. Used Paypal linked to a Visa card. My order was made about half an hour after this thread started. It looks like it shipped last night and should be here in Atlantic Canada tomorrow.

Be patient and you will get your phones if your cards are charged. We went through all this same stuff a few years ago when the PlayBook went on sale around this time of the year. It got to the point the CFO of GlobalScape got on the thread and explained the situation. GlobalScape ran the BlackBerry store back then. I am sure they were using the same systems, as it all works the same way now. The CFO said if your card is charged you would get the PlayBook. It all worked out in the end.
    I think most are ok with waiting, it's more or less the lack of communication that is getting people annoyed and a shipping process that seems chaotic. I'm fine waiting, as this phone is worth it and I'm switching back to bbry. However, a lot of people who may be switching may not be fine with this and it can hurt bbry. After all this is a phone with an image of getting things done quickly and efficiently. However, this order process and shipping process is anything but that. I'm confident we will get our phones, however, this process needs a complete overhaul because you never want your customers to feel like they are getting passed over. A little transparency goes a long way. Saying that I can't wait for us to get our phones
    ummie4 likes this.
    10-08-14 10:46 AM
    If DR was competent we wouldn't have all this anxiety and this thread. If we all do nothing and just wait a week it will sort itself out but where is the fun in that?? BTW still waiting on my backordered PP to be shipped. I ordered PP and as you know money is already bye-bye when using them. Not sweating it a bit. It will either arrive (before the PP II I hope) or I'll get my $$ back at some point.
    Last edited by Michael Ames1; 10-08-14 at 12:42 PM.
    10-08-14 10:56 AM
    I'm starting to wonder if I'll have the Nexus X before the passport shows up. I paid with Paypal and am still waiting for the shipment notification. At least they have my money thanks to paypal vs letting them charge it direct.

I had another bad experience with DR when I ordered Autodesk software. They accidentally ticked a box that said charge duties and taxes COD, even though I paid the duties and taxes directly to DR at time of order. Anyway, I never got that $175 back. The Philippines call center told me it was impossible that they could have made a mistake, and that the charges must have been for something else.
    10-08-14 11:29 AM
    Sorry. I've already been dealing with this emotional roller coaster for days now so I'm just trying to be realistic and the reality seems to be that there is no method to the madness. For example, some people who have been charged already still have not had their orders shipped, while some people who have already received their phones have not been charged. I just want this sorted out soon so that I can start enjoying my Passport and stop obsessing about if and/or when I'm going to get it.

Posted via CB10
    I feel ya, brother. ...but it's just a phone. Relax, it'll get sorted out and it will be worth the wait

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:44 AM
    I feel ya, brother. ...but it's just a phone. Relax, it'll get sorted out and it will be worth the wait
    Exactly my sentiments...all this anxiety and "emotional rollercoasters" over a hunk of plastic and metal...I have two on backorder as well, but I just can't relate to the level of butthurt here...

#itsjustaphone
    mf1982 likes this.
    10-08-14 11:57 AM
    No shipping confirmation for me yet. I ordered the evening of October 3rd.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 12:21 PM
    Was your order ever on backoreder?
    10-08-14 12:32 PM
    To borrow the words of merehuman: Hey guys, first time poster, long time reader here.

I was lucky enough to place an order with coupons on the 3rd for a normal Passport.
    Like many of you, i still haven't got a shipping email, but have received the other emails:
    • Item ordered 4:35pm PST
    • Order confirmed 7:41pm PST
    • Backorder 8:39pm PST

Paid with Amex, doesn't show on the credit card yet.
    Status on my order hasn't moved from "Boxed Shipment".

I'm in Victoria BC.
    10-08-14 12:41 PM
    To borrow the words of merehuman: Hey guys, first time poster, long time reader here.

I was lucky enough to place an order with coupons on the 3rd for a normal Passport.
    Like many of you, i still haven't got a shipping email, but have received the other emails:
    • Item ordered 4:35pm PST
    • Order confirmed 7:41pm PST
    • Backorder 8:39pm PST

Paid with Amex, doesn't show on the credit card yet.
    Status on my order hasn't moved from "Boxed Shipment".

I'm in Victoria BC.
    Same situation as you....
    Ordered 3PM PST 10/3
    Confirmed and back ordered on 10/4

paid with Visa. I have a pending transaction still in that my available credit has been reduce by the invoice amount but it has not posted to the online bill.

Still sitting as "Boxed Shipment"

Also in Victoria BC
    10-08-14 12:50 PM
    Same here..."Boxed Shipment" status.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 12:52 PM
    Same situation as you....
    Ordered 3PM PST 10/3
    Confirmed and back ordered on 10/4

paid with Visa. I have a pending transaction still in that my available credit has been reduce by the invoice amount but it has not posted to the online bill.

Still sitting as "Boxed Shipment"

Also in Victoria BC
    Same here.. Except live in Colorado
    10-08-14 01:00 PM
    My guess is we will all have them a week from now.....given that people are now hearing that we will receive an email response within the next 3 business days that means Friday, then Monday the majority ship and between Tuesday-Thursday most people have them.....only a guess but this is what i'm expecting.
    10-08-14 01:02 PM
    I think everyone with card pre authorized or PayPal charged with "boxed shipment" status is going to have to wait until at least next Monday.

I am assuming they get shipments from BB once a week.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:04 PM

Also in Victoria BC
    Well (hopefully) there will be at least two very cool individuals with the Passport in our town! I went to a Rogers store last Thursday and the guy had no idea when they would get the phone in. He said maybe Monday? I mused out loud that maybe I should just order it from BB and he said if I bought it, to please come back to his store because he'd love to see it himself! When I saw the runaround Rogers customers were getting with their pre-orders, I jumped at the coupon offer. I'm willing to be patient, but I'm just very excited! I'm still rocking my white 9900 (going on 3 years in January) and this has finally been the phone to convince me to switch! I feel like a kid a week before Christmas...
    10-08-14 01:07 PM
    I think everyone with card pre authorized or PayPal charged with "boxed shipment" status is going to have to wait until at least next Monday.

I am assuming they get shipments from BB once a week.

Posted via CB10
    Mine was a PayPal, showed Boxed shipment, never had a back order notice, shipped yesterday. It is in Montreal now, due to be in Atlantic Canada tomorrow.

To reiterate, unless you got a cancelled shipment notice or a failed payment notice, they will get a phone to you eventually. It has not even been three business days since the Friday night orders.
    10-08-14 01:12 PM
    My card is still pending process, and the device is shipped. Non VIP

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-08-14 01:20 PM
    Mine was a PayPal, showed Boxed shipment, never had a back order notice, shipped yesterday. It is in Montreal now, due to be in Atlantic Canada tomorrow.

To reiterate, unless you got a cancelled shipment notice or a failed payment notice, they will get a phone to you eventually. It has not even been three business days since the Friday night orders.
    Yeah. I forgot to add WITH the backorder email. People who didn't get that email are probably getting it this week.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:23 PM
    Well (hopefully) there will be at least two very cool individuals with the Passport in our town! I went to a Rogers store last Thursday and the guy had no idea when they would get the phone in. He said maybe Monday? I mused out loud that maybe I should just order it from BB and he said if I bought it, to please come back to his store because he'd love to see it himself! When I saw the runaround Rogers customers were getting with their pre-orders, I jumped at the coupon offer. I'm willing to be patient, but I'm just very excited! I'm still rocking my white 9900 (going on 3 years in January) and this has finally been the phone to convince me to switch! I feel like a kid a week before Christmas...
    I have one sitting at a Rogers store right now on reserve lol, but until I know what's going on with the back order that reserve will expire and go to the next person in line.
    10-08-14 01:29 PM
    Mine has arrived at the local post office and "it may take one to two days for delivery" even though it's about 3 miles from my house. Ha ha. Apparently, it's not possible to just go to the post office and pick it up.
    10-08-14 01:30 PM
1,654 ... 5152535455 ...