Thanks for the update.... I put my order in at 1:30am on October 4th for a VIP unit through the US Shop. Hoping that I'll get a shipment tracking number soon too.

Just my two cents... I think it's great that Blackberry is honoring the PROMO CODE on Passport sales last Friday/Saturday. I honestly think that cancelling the relatively small volume of units sold to BB fans that happen to be on the forums on a Friday evening would do more harm than good. Some of us (Americans) even spent the extra $100 for the VIP edition. Don't punish your loyal customer base for glitch in your sales processes... just eat the mistake, call it a re-investment in your customers, and move on.

=)

Watch them cancel my order after the above kind words now...
    blackberry has degraded the value of its new flagship by doing this, upset probably ****load of people who bought it on launch day and now 2 weeks later it was available for $470. also I for one cancelled my preorder due to this, they wont rip me off with $850 in november when people got it for $470 2 weeks after launch, and im sure im not the only one

edit: also, they ARE punishing the loyal customer base, who were the first to get the phone. im a loyal customer for a long time as well, i was ok paying that $850 until this. not anymore. if i get an iphone i can be sure this wont ever happen and sell the phone a year later for more than the price of the passport 2 weeks after launch
    Last edited by dvarnai; 10-07-14 at 04:28 AM.
    10-07-14 04:17 AM
    blackberry has degraded the value of its new flagship by doing this, upset probably ****load of people who bought it on launch day and now 2 weeks later it was available for $470. also I for one cancelled my preorder due to this, they wont rip me off with $850 in november when people got it for $470 2 weeks after launch, and im sure im not the only one

edit: also, they ARE punishing the loyal customer base, who were the first to get the phone. im a loyal customer for a long time as well, i was ok paying that $850 until this. not anymore. if i get an iphone i can be sure this wont ever happen and sell the phone a year later for more than the price of the passport 2 weeks after launch
    It was a mistake that a few hundred were lucky to benefit from! The price is steady, and stocks are depleted!!

Be happy for us, and better luck next time! ( I missed various mishaps and promotions on android and BlackBerry throughout the years, am just soon glad I got this for once!)

Posted via CB10
    dejanh, aminrajabi, blkitr and 1 others like this.
    10-07-14 04:50 AM
    Well, good news! My discounted passport shipped! Too bad I Already opened the full priced one yesterday thinking the coupon wouldn't be honored... so now I'll call digital river to see if I can return and have discount applied to the first one.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:52 AM
    that few hundreds are very likely thousands, as the coupon was all over the internet, not just this forum. blackberry doesnt even ship here... official launch date is sometime in november here. so even if theres such next time, i still wouldnt get it anyway. and im paying premium, $850+shipping price. you wouldnt even have paid that much even if you would have ordered for full price lmao.
    10-07-14 04:56 AM
    Agreed...very few got to take advantage of the screw up by DR - I don?t think it correct to hold BlackBerry at fault for the screw up or the fact that they're honoring it as somehow degrading the Passport or its intrinsic value. Just look at the demand - it's doing extremely well. Get your Passport and be happy - I paid more for the one I'm holding right now and am thrilled with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:58 AM
    Ordered regularly passport from canada, got shipping confirmation and tracking..
    It's already in mississauga and sorting, so should get it today in toronto! Ordered With coupon friday night

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:02 AM
    if you think its acceptable to sell it for $470 in one country and for $850+shipping in another, then thats your fault. i cant support a company who rip off people big time. and that very few are likely thousands based on all the places where it was posted and the order numbers that were posted here as well. people dont want to feel being ripped off when they buy something. just accept it and dont try to justify thats its OK to honor a misused coupon that was clearly not for the passport
    10-07-14 05:07 AM
    Yikes hope someone's home if mine shows up without me knowing haha

Posted via CB10
    Where do you live? I'll go pick it up for you

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:11 AM
    if you think its acceptable to sell it for $470 in one country and for $850+shipping in another, then thats your fault. i cant support a company who rip off people big time. and that very few are likely thousands based on all the places where it was posted and the order numbers that were posted here as well. people dont want to feel being ripped off when they buy something. just accept it and dont try to justify thats its OK to honor a misused coupon that was clearly not for the passport
    When did they sell it for $470$ in one country? It was a mistake

Posted via CB10
    aziandevil likes this.
    10-07-14 05:13 AM
    I agree, if I had bought it for full price, I would feel ripped off too.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:16 AM
    I'm jealous. What time did you order friday?
    10-07-14 05:16 AM
    it was a mistake that should have never been honoured, just as the UK EUR currency bug shouldnt have been honoured... if you buy something for $700 then an hour later thousands of people get it for $470, will you accept that and move on?
    10-07-14 05:17 AM
    FYI got shipping notification for a non-vip passport - Toronto, Canada!

(Coupon no longer works) BlackBerry Passport for 9.00-kme8iqn.png
    10-07-14 05:18 AM
    I'm jealous. What time did you order friday?
    I bought at 6:30pm. Some people who bought 15 min later have seen back ordered email

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:27 AM
    Expected to wake up to a tracking number... nada... not sure if I should even call DR. They gonna tell me that the order is completed or something like that.

Can still see it on the website using findmyorder and my card still has the preauthorization for the right amount. I don't even care anymore, I just want to know.
    donmateo likes this.
    10-07-14 05:47 AM
    You are making the assumption that the sales tax is the same across all of Canada or across all of the US. Depending on which province or territory in Canada, or state in the US, it is being sent to, the tax can vary greatly. In Canada alone, it ranges from 5% to 15%. Therefore, you should not assume that the taxes will be the same just because it is 'in Canada' or 'in the US'. A better comparison is what state/province/territory it is being sent to.
    So true. Delaware and another state are 0% where as other states are 6%. Not to mention certain cities and counties add on to that. Almost every county in Florida has an additional tax.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:01 AM
    You've constantly been ******** about this situation...

BlackBerry didn't purposely sell at 470 in one place and 850 in another... the coupon code was only meant for accessories... but people used it and they honored it... quit being such a grouch
    10-07-14 06:04 AM
    got my tracking number, shows that it will be delivered today and I'm not at home at all today.
    10-07-14 06:07 AM
    it was a mistake that should have never been honoured, just as the UK EUR currency bug shouldnt have been honoured... if you buy something for $700 then an hour later thousands of people get it for $470, will you accept that and move on?
    You are sooooo **** hurt about this situation...
    aminrajabi, aziandevil and blkitr like this.
    10-07-14 06:12 AM
    got my tracking number, shows that it will be delivered today and I'm not at home at all today.
    Leave a signed note on door.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-07-14 06:13 AM
    Mine has shipped as well
    10-07-14 06:13 AM
    Ok, so I just called DR for like the 10th time and they told me that the VIP Passport order was "completed" and was shipped. They had trouble finding my tracking number but it should be here this week. They will also send my tracking number in a few days (just going by what they told me. Seems like they tell me something different everytime)

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry your tracking number is on the box. So you will get the tracking number when you actually get the phone. Seriously this is what they told me the first time I ordered from them.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:15 AM

Digital River is the store front. They messed up not BlackBerry. Is it up to them that Digital River honors or cancels those orders? Not sure but BlackBerry is not the company coding the store, products, etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:21 AM
    Well, good news! My discounted passport shipped! Too bad I Already opened the full priced one yesterday thinking the coupon wouldn't be honored... so now I'll call digital river to see if I can return and have discount applied to the first one.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if the SN#'s are on the invoice but get an RGA for the first one and return the second one.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:23 AM
    Digital River is the store front. They messed up not BlackBerry. Is it up to them that Digital River honors or cancels those orders? Not sure but BlackBerry is not the company coding the store, products, etc.

Posted via CB10
    He doesn't want to blame DR.... he wants to blame BlackBerry... if he rationalize DR making the mistake, then he has no target to get mad at except himself... his ego doesn't want to take the hit so it's protecting itself by conjuring up a conspiracy of BlackBerry selling at half price specifically to **** off people who bought early cuz that's what you do to long time BlackBerry customers................
    aminrajabi likes this.
    10-07-14 06:27 AM
1,654 ... 3940414243 ...