Getting a Lil worries as I haven't received any shipping confirm. Hmmmmm, could it be? They grew some balls to cancel orders?
    10-06-14 10:11 PM
    Does it come with a screen protector?
    Yes it does.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:12 PM
    they will process a partial refund and charge me 529 usd instead of 592 usd. phew
    10-06-14 10:13 PM
    Wonder how bad the shortage is....
    10-06-14 10:18 PM
    Sorry if you were referring of the hard shell case comes with a screen protector..then yes. But the phone doesn't come with one.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:20 PM
    I ordered two Passport VIP's on Saturday from the CDN site - got confirmation emails but no shipping...phone call to DR suggested the order would be shipped today but so far no further confirmation

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:27 PM
    they will process a partial refund and charge me 529 usd instead of 592 usd. phew
    Please tell me when u get a refund. There is the tax issue.

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    10-06-14 10:29 PM
    I tried to get an adjustment done to my Passport purchase with the coupon, got the following response today

"Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.
    Thank you for your refund request. Please accept our apologies; however,
    the promotional code you provided is only for Blackberry accessories.
    Unfortunately, we are unable to match the price per your request."

.... that sucks
    I too sent email requesting adjustment from first day ordering since I had seen others having success. I received the following : Regarding your inquiry for the promo code that you received, we have
    forwarded your information to our Escalations Department. As soon as
    they have come up with a resolution, a response will be sent to via
    email with 2-3 business days.

I am out of town and not able to call direct. I am hoping that they will provide me some type of adjustment.
    So I have to wait and see what type of reply that they send out.
    10-06-14 10:33 PM
    Please tell me when u get a refund. There is the tax issue.

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    There won't be a tax issue, she said she will refund me $62.5 or so USD bringing the total down to 529 usd.

I'm in ontario so 699 * .75 * 1.13 = 592 cad / ~530 usd. I have the amazon no fee foreign transactions so this is close enough. She also mentioned that it should ship within 48 hours and check my email for the shipping notice. I'm fairly certain it will ship since she scrutinized my
    order, even redid the math.
    10-06-14 10:42 PM
    Why do people on a thread "Passport for$449." say they got the phone for $449. When shopblackberry says it isn't true. Who isn't telling the truth? They say the code is only for accessories.
    10-06-14 10:56 PM
    What? BB said the code wasn't meant for phones, but it worked. Then they removed the coupon code.
    10-06-14 10:57 PM
    Why do people on a thread "Passport for$449." say they got the phone for $449. When shopblackberry says it isn't true. Who isn't telling the truth? They say the code is only for accessories.

Check out the first few pages of this thread, you'll see the coupon worked for a day or two. I know it worked for me.
    10-06-14 11:00 PM
    Just to clarify:

That particular promo code was only "ment" for BlackBerry assessoies..but somehow it worked for the BlackBerry Passport as well which it shouldn't off. Clearly it was a mistake on their end..which is why them removed the code a day or two after.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:01 PM
    I too sent email requesting adjustment from first day ordering since I had seen others having success. I received the following : Regarding your inquiry for the promo code that you received, we have
    forwarded your information to our Escalations Department. As soon as
    they have come up with a resolution, a response will be sent to via
    email with 2-3 business days.

I am out of town and not able to call direct. I am hoping that they will provide me some type of adjustment.
    So I have to wait and see what type of reply that they send out.
    Got the same email. Passport arrived today. Don't expect an adjustment but hey, it's worth a try. Interestingly my credit card has had the authorised transaction removed. It was there on Friday before my Passport was shipped (back order from 10/1) but wasn't there today. So who knows what is going on. At least I have my Passport to enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 11:56 PM
    Alright, I can officially confirm that two VIP Passports are on the way for my wife and I. My credit card account has just had the payment debit posted, which I confirmed with my credit card provider. I also confirmed with Digital River that the order in their system has been marked as completed. I have been reassured by both parties that this means that the transaction has closed and that goods are on the way. Digital River created a ticket for me to get the tracking update, but I have a feeling I am going to have the devices before I get the tracking #s.

This is now the first known instance that I can say where the VIP Passport order has actually fully gone through. I just hope that they are actually the VIP devices

For everyone's info, the order was placed at approximately 22:00 PST on October 3rd via Shop BlackBerry Canada. I used the coupon and received 25% off of two BlackBerry Passport VIP devices.
    10-07-14 12:36 AM
    Yikes hope someone's home if mine shows up without me knowing haha

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 12:51 AM
    There won't be a tax issue, she said she will refund me $62.5 or so USD bringing the total down to 529 usd.

I'm in ontario so 699 * .75 * 1.13 = 592 cad / ~530 usd. I have the amazon no fee foreign transactions so this is close enough. She also mentioned that it should ship within 48 hours and check my email for the shipping notice. I'm fairly certain it will ship since she scrutinized my
    order, even redid the math.
    Am sorry but with taxes I got mine 568 usd that's 44 in taxes.

Being neither from Canada nor the states, I have little idea about your tax system, so I followed the prices in the forums and tried to come up with the tax.

So in Canada with tax it's 530 usd.
    And in the states with tax it's 568 usd.

Or is there something am missing.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 12:52 AM
    Alright, I can officially confirm that two VIP Passports are on the way for my wife and I. My credit card account has just had the payment debit posted, which I confirmed with my credit card provider. I also confirmed with Digital River that the order in their system has been marked as completed. I have been reassured by both parties that this means that the transaction has closed and that goods are on the way. Digital River created a ticket for me to get the tracking update, but I have a feeling I am going to have the devices before I get the tracking #s.

This is now the first known instance that I can say where the VIP Passport order has actually fully gone through. I just hope that they are actually the VIP devices

For everyone's info, the order was placed at approximately 22:00 PST on October 3rd via Shop BlackBerry Canada. I used the coupon and received 25% off of two BlackBerry Passport VIP devices.
    That's fantastic news. Thanks for that update. I'm anxiously waiting for VIP shipping confirmation myself. Please keep us posted.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 12:56 AM
    Thanks for the update.... I put my order in at 1:30am on October 4th for a VIP unit through the US Shop. Hoping that I'll get a shipment tracking number soon too.

Just my two cents... I think it's great that Blackberry is honoring the PROMO CODE on Passport sales last Friday/Saturday. I honestly think that cancelling the relatively small volume of units sold to BB fans that happen to be on the forums on a Friday evening would do more harm than good. Some of us (Americans) even spent the extra $100 for the VIP edition. Don't punish your loyal customer base for glitch in your sales processes... just eat the mistake, call it a re-investment in your customers, and move on.

=)

Watch them cancel my order after the above kind words now...

10-07-14 12:59 AM
    Wondering if BlackBerry is leveraging Digital Fulfillment with Digital River? Would probably make sense from a cost effectiveness and agile standpoint. Some sort of JIT order fulfillment where the physical package is never truly touched by Digital River... just managed by them from a fulfillment standpoint.

http://www.digitalriver.com/solution...l-fulfillment/

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 01:03 AM
    Am sorry but with taxes I got mine 568 usd that's 44 in taxes.

Being neither from Canada nor the states, I have little idea about your tax system, so I followed the prices in the forums and tried to come up with the tax.

So in Canada with tax it's 530 usd.
    And in the states with tax it's 568 usd.

Or is there something am missing.

Posted via CB10
    You are making the assumption that the sales tax is the same across all of Canada or across all of the US. Depending on which province or territory in Canada, or state in the US, it is being sent to, the tax can vary greatly. In Canada alone, it ranges from 5% to 15%. Therefore, you should not assume that the taxes will be the same just because it is 'in Canada' or 'in the US'. A better comparison is what state/province/territory it is being sent to.
    10-07-14 01:05 AM
    That's fantastic news. Thanks for that update. I'm anxiously waiting for VIP shipping confirmation myself. Please keep us posted.

Posted via CB10
    Will do. I'm expecting delivery by Thursday, definitely by the end of the week.

Posted via CB10
    buburimbu likes this.
    10-07-14 01:34 AM

Thanks for sharing the great news!
    I take it that you haven't received the email shipping confirmation, but otherwise all roads head to Rome? Would love to hear another update on when you receive the device and if/when you receive the email.

In any case, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    10-07-14 01:34 AM
    Ok, so I just called DR for like the 10th time and they told me that the VIP Passport order was "completed" and was shipped. They had trouble finding my tracking number but it should be here this week. They will also send my tracking number in a few days (just going by what they told me. Seems like they tell me something different everytime)

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:43 AM
    You are making the assumption that the sales tax is the same across all of Canada or across all of the US. Depending on which province or territory in Canada, or state in the US, it is being sent to, the tax can vary greatly. In Canada alone, it ranges from 5% to 15%. Therefore, you should not assume that the taxes will be the same just because it is 'in Canada' or 'in the US'. A better comparison is what state/province/territory it is being sent to.
    Cool! Thnx for the info, never knew that.

Now it makes much more sense!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 03:57 AM
1,654 ... 3839404142 ...