So expedited shipping takes longer than regular. Go figure lol

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 02:41 PM
    Just called DRI(digital river inc.).
    My Passport which I ordered on Friday around 6:30pm EST, will be shipped on Monday the sixth. The reason I was given for the back order email is because of anyone that did express delivery on Friday, wont be shipped till Monday. So not technically back ordered, but shipping later then expected.

I was assured that anyone that ordered on Friday with the coupon, will be shipped on Monday. I say take it with a grain of salt.
    If true, meaning info you were given, than that is great news.. I ordered Friday with express (2 day) shipping and got the back order email. So hopefully will see my passport either Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest..
    10-05-14 02:46 PM
    If true, meaning info you were given, than that is great news.. I ordered Friday with express (2 day) shipping and got the back order email. So hopefully will see my passport either Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest..
    Like I said:
    "take it with a grain of salt"
    I've been burned by this company before, and it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.
    10-05-14 02:51 PM
    Fingers crossed!!
    10-05-14 02:55 PM
    express shipping option does not exist for the Canadian site
    Thanks. It's actually cheaper for me to buy the VIP version through the Canadian site than the US. Because of the exchange rate, and the fact I'm paid in USD and that between PST+GST is only roughly 3% more than the sales tax in Los Angeles County it makes more sense to order it on the CAD site.. not to mention it can write it off my corp Canadian taxes.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 03:05 PM
    I ordered the non-vip device first and then after learning of vip I cancelled the non-vip.

Just received an email from them about cancellation:

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

A request has been submitted to cancel shipment of your order. Please
    allow at least 2 - 3 business days for the processing of the
    cancellation.

In some cases, we are unable to do so, as orders are processed for
    shipment immediately upon completion. If your order is unable to be
    cancelled, you will be notified in the form of a shipping notification
    email.

If your order is unable to be cancelled and you would like a refund, you
    may refuse delivery of the shipment.

We appreciate your patience.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 08:07 PM
    I checked the tracking on my shipment, says Saturday, it shipped out of Indianapolis, IN, then it was sent to Memphis, Here's the thing, I'm in Chicago, FedEx is going the wrong direction. If they would have sent it north to Chicago, I could have received it Monday.
    10-05-14 08:36 PM
    I checked the tracking on my shipment, says Saturday, it shipped out of Indianapolis, IN, then it was sent to Memphis, Here's the thing, I'm in Chicago, FedEx is going the wrong direction. If they would have sent it north to Chicago, I could have received it Monday.
    FedEx Global Hub is in Memphis, every FedEx package diverts there then redistributed throughout the country.
    robert_in_la and DJ BigToe like this.
    10-05-14 08:43 PM
    That's stupid.
    byex likes this.
    10-05-14 09:01 PM
    That's stupid.
    From a logistics point of view it actually isn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 09:09 PM
    That's stupid.
    Not from a cost logistics standpoint. Remember they aren't just delivering your package, they bring it to a central location and distro it with hundreds, possibly thousands of pieces from all across the country and world.

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    10-05-14 09:15 PM
    From a logistics point of view it actually isn't.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it's just me, but shipping something further away from the final destination doesn't make much sense. The price of gas alone would make me think getting the package to its destination using the shortest route possible, would be the way to go.
    10-05-14 09:15 PM
    Memphis is about a six hour drive from where I live, hopefully I get it tomorrow somehow. Hah.
    10-05-14 09:22 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but shipping something further away from the final destination doesn't make much sense. The price of gas alone would make me think getting the package to its destination using the shortest route possible, would be the way to go.
    Consolidate the freight and ship in volume to your part of the country. It would actually cost more in fuel and revenue loss to ship it the way you just mentioned.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 09:23 PM
    It's all about networking. Instead of having unlimited shipping routes... everything is shipped to a central hub, then shipped out again. Much more cost efficient, much faster.

Posted via CB10
    RafiqK and robert_in_la like this.
    10-05-14 09:24 PM
    It's all about networking. Instead of having unlimited shipping routes... everything is shipped to a central hub, then shipped out again. Much more cost efficient, much faster.

Posted via CB10
    You just explained how BlackBerry Hub works

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    Andy_bb_king and alan510 like this.
    10-05-14 09:26 PM
    I love the fact that people on this thread think that they know so much about international delivery that FedEx is stupid by comparison.

They have only been doing it for decades, all over the globe, but you're right, THEY are stupid.
    10-05-14 09:31 PM
    please people this is about coupongate, not fedex delivery
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    10-05-14 09:43 PM
    Fair enough, sorry.
    10-05-14 09:44 PM
    That's stupid.
    No what is stupid is that packages going to Philly land in Harrisburg and go to Lewistown, then to Philly. Not all packages but a have seen my share. Look at a map it is more dumb.

Now from what I heard if you ship a package next day air and the origin and destination are relatively local the package will actually leave the area. In order to charge for the service it actually has to make big moves.

As for Memphis it is really smart.

Also that place in memphis is amazing. It is almost 4 times the size as the actual airport building.

Bing Maps or Google Maps view is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 10:11 PM
    Damn "coupongate"

I ordered a Passport on Saturday at 12:30 am or so, and just now ordered a Z10 for $199.

That's the 4th Z10 I've personally bought (sold one, 2 are in use by family, 1 more for a family member now) to go along with 2 Q10's and a Passport (and about 5 PlayBooks)

I have to shake this habit!
    Andy_bb_king and donmateo like this.
    10-05-14 10:52 PM
    "Coupongate" has now turned into "FedExgate."

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 10:56 PM
    Yeah, you are right. Milestones may be mentioned instead of calendar updates. Looking forward to it. Somebody mentioned that they sold 200 or so with this promotion, given the loophole way of figuring out left "in stock" amount. - still can't believe it's that little given the demand of this phone, even judging from this forum alone.
    Gotta be more than that. It went on Red Flag Deals http://forums.redflagdeals.com/black...604-a-1569975/

Posted via CB10
    bermie2000 and CrackberryQ like this.
    10-05-14 11:13 PM
    "Coupongate" has now turned into "FedExgate."

Posted via CB10
    It's a pretty serious issue. I don't think we should be joking about it.
    10-05-14 11:16 PM
    This is shipping by FedEx, the routing of the shipment is correct as Memphis is the main HUB for FedEx. This is how it is done for them. Absolutely normal. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:26 PM
1,654 ... 3031323334 ...