Nope

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:02 PM
    Out of Stockkkk!
    10-04-14 06:04 PM
    I just checked my order and under the item name it says "Other" Maybe that means it is the VIP?

I hope the VIP isn't the returned stock from all the tech reviewers.
    I'm thinking the VIP edition is for just that. Very Important People. The Professionals that do business while trotting the globe. Need variety of chargers for wherever they may travel with this passport.

Now I know what I am going to do with that Velvet Crown Royal bag.
    Last edited by timeride; 10-04-14 at 06:17 PM. Reason: syntax error
    10-04-14 06:12 PM
    Duty would not apply only if it is made in north america, thank-you NAFTA. Brokerage will be charged at a rate depending on the carrier and their customs broker. Tax is prepaid and there for will not be collected at the door. UPS and Fedex charge substantial brokerage fees based on shipment value. Brokerage could be prepaid, but i doubt it. There isnt even a shipping charge listed.

The approx $90 exchange rate kinda kills this deal for canadians ordering from the us website. UPS would be a $61.75 brokerage fee plus a $6 cod fee for them prepaying the broker. Brokerage is included in anything above ups standard shipping, ie UPS Worldwide Express Plus, UPS Worldwide Express, UPS Worldwide Express Freight�, UPS Worldwide Express Saver, and UPS Worldwide Expedited Services.
    You're right that duty don't apply if it's made in a NAFTA country. However, certain good are always duty free, no matter where it's made... and that includes cellphone. IPhones are made in China and if you bring one across border, there is no duty.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:17 PM
    For those who ordered late yesterday or last night, how were you able to get anything?

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon (Friday) around 14:00. The email response I got gave me an order number and order date. When I went to check the status a couple hours later it said "boxed shipment".

I read this thread and saw the 15% off code. Emailed them to do a price adjustment. Last night around 21:45 I got a confirmation email from them with the find my order link. Then about an hour later I got another email saying the item is out of stock and on back order.

So, how did people who ordered last night able to get a shipment with tracking number?? I also just got an email response from customer service and it states :

"Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

Please provide the promotional offer information that details the price
    you are referring to.

If you received an e-mail offer, please forward the information to this
    address. If the offer was displayed on the website, please provide the
    URL of the page. If you received a mailing of the offer, please send the
    information to the following:

Email: [email protected]"

Anyone else having the same experience??

Channel for Asian eye candy
    10-04-14 06:17 PM
    DUTY importing into Canada:

Any item that does not have a similar product that is manufactured in Canada is Duty Free!

Canada has no Cell Phone manufacturer, computer, TV etc.

I shop over the border a lot and bring back PC items. Declare it pay my HST and go on my way.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:41 PM
    Canada has no Cell Phone manufacturer
    Ummm... Isn't BlackBerry Canadian? lol

Posted via CB10
    RafiqK likes this.
    10-04-14 06:43 PM
    NAFTA:

ANYTHING manufacturer in US, Canada, Mexico is Duty Free.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:46 PM
    How much would you save after currency exchange?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:48 PM
    Ummm...not where the company head office is.

Location company item is made.

Foxconn factory is not in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:52 PM
    Can anyone confirm if the vip edition is completely black?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Passport is Mexico and the Z3 is the only device that Foxconn makes for BlackBerry. At least at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 06:53 PM
    I'm getting really worried WTF is the VIP edition? and how come I didn't notice it when I ordered?? Now I am wondering if My order is going to have a Battery charger,Ear Phones,and stainless or just Black,hahaha,Just get here already!!!
    10-04-14 06:57 PM
    Can anyone confirm if the vip edition is completely black?

Posted via CB10
    There hasn't been a confirmation re this yet but most answers lean towards same phone but more accessories.

Posted via CB10
    joe_23 likes this.
    10-04-14 07:01 PM
    I ordered WITHOUTcoupon yesterday morning and WITH coupon later in in the afternoon.

However, I got the backorder email for the NON COUPON order (which was placed first) and a regular confirmation email for the COUPON order.

Now here's the cool thing: For the COUPON order, I got confirmation, and got the SHIPPED email today with delivery scheduled for Tuesday!!

I can't help but think that the COUPON orders are BBRY 's way to identify and thank us loyal fans who are always on these Crackberry forums!

(Coupon no longer works) BlackBerry Passport for 9.00-img_20141004_165828_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nbaliga; 10-04-14 at 08:06 PM.
    10-04-14 07:07 PM
    I've gotten confirmation emails (ordered phones separately) but no shipping emails. Has anyone actually received a shipping email and confirmed the discounted price? On their Terms and Conditions it does say that they have the right to revise the price at any time prior to you being billed. However, if my PayPal has been debited, I'll assume that that means I'm billed?

Update: I checked my chequing account and the payments have gone through So I guess I get the coupon price!
    10-04-14 07:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Does Foxconn have a factory in Mexico? Because that is where the passport is made.

Foxconn does have a factory in the US (Harrisburg, PA area actually) but I am not sure if they have ramped up for anything major in the US yet as the announcement was made less than a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:40 PM
    Does Foxconn have a factory in Mexico? Because that is where the passport is made.

Foxconn does have a factory in the US (Harrisburg, PA area actually) but I am not sure if they have ramped up for anything major in the US yet as the announcement was made less than a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    This is the first I hear of Harrisburg. The only Foxconn plant I knew of is in China. That's where they're making the Z3's.
    10-04-14 07:43 PM
    How does one order a VIP phone? I thought I read somewhere on here that people ordered the VIP phone.

On a side note not sure I would need the VIP edition. Having the passport in the US would be VIP enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:47 PM
    This is the first I hear of Harrisburg. The only Foxconn plant I knew of is in China. That's where they're making the Z3's.
    http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/22/tech...ant/index.html

And wow. I was right it has been less than a year. Surprised I was that close.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:49 PM
    For those who ordered late yesterday or last night, how were you able to get anything?

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon (Friday) around 14:00. The email response I got gave me an order number and order date. When I went to check the status a couple hours later it said "boxed shipment".

I read this thread and saw the 15% off code. Emailed them to do a price adjustment. Last night around 21:45 I got a confirmation email from them with the find my order link. Then about an hour later I got another email saying the item is out of stock and on back order.

So, how did people who ordered last night able to get a shipment with tracking number?? I also just got an email response from customer service and it states :

"Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

Please provide the promotional offer information that details the price
    you are referring to.

If you received an e-mail offer, please forward the information to this
    address. If the offer was displayed on the website, please provide the
    URL of the page. If you received a mailing of the offer, please send the
    information to the following:

Email: [email protected]"

Anyone else having the same experience??

Channel for Asian eye candy
    I got the exact same email when i asked them to add the coupon code. Not sure how to answer the question they're asking.
    10-04-14 07:53 PM
    Got mine shipped.
    Ordered : 4:04 pm
    Order Submitted Email: 4:35 pm
    Order Confirmation Email : 5:04 pm
    Shipped Email : 10:50 pm
    No backordered email
    Non-VIP
    Initial status: boxed shipment
    Coupon code honored
    Ship to : CA
    Est delivery : Tuesday 4:30 pm

Z10, STL100-1, 10.3.0.1052, Awaiting my Passport
    Anilu7 and spiculated like this.
    10-04-14 07:56 PM
    I ordered at 11pm last night and received a backorder email at 11:30 today. :/

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:58 PM
    How does one order a VIP phone? I thought I read somewhere on here that people ordered the VIP phone.

On a side note not sure I would need the VIP edition. Having the passport in the US would be VIP enough for me.

Posted via CB10
    If you go to shopblackberry.com and search for VIP it will show you the device.
    Here's the link for the US site:

BlackBerry US Online Store - BlackBerry Passport - Black (US/Canada)
    10-04-14 08:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you want the Canadian one, look in this thread on Friday evening about 7:00 or so. But the coupon is gone so you'd get it at $699.
    10-04-14 08:04 PM
1,654 ... 2728293031 ...