Ordered 2am this morning. Got second email at 9am. The vip device. $592 to Toronto

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:07 PM
    (Coupon no longer works) BlackBerry Passport for 9.00-img_20141004_150803.png

Submition and confirmed

Passport, it's the optimal viewing experience.
    10-04-14 02:08 PM
    As someone who ordered a PassPort on launch day, I will say this for those of you who haven't experienced shopbb yet. They have terrible customer service and email notifications, as a result most of you will be shocked when you get an email on Tuesday saying the phone will be delivered in a few hours.

I got my email with tracking number 3 hours before the phone delivery.

Posted via CB10
    aminrajabi and Denny_Crane like this.
    10-04-14 02:14 PM
    Ditto, hopefully this time they give more of a headsup

Passport, it's the optimal viewing experience.
    10-04-14 02:22 PM
    I ordered the regular and vip version and both of my sku are the same. Weird.
    Uh oh... not liking the sound of this.
    Also, I called in to verify my VIP purchase, and the rep on the phone says there is no indication that my order is for the VIP version, even after I showed her the URL of the product page I ordered from (which she also had no idea that that existed).
    10-04-14 02:24 PM
    I think that makes sense, why would they make so many vip units. people may be in for a surprise but with the 25% off its still a great deal for our us friends and canadians
    10-04-14 02:28 PM
    Everyone that ordered the VIP should be prepared to get a normal Passport, and everyone that used the code should be prepared to have their orders canceled due to an error.

Hoping for the best is one thing, but no one here can claim ignorance and complain if an unfavorable outcomes occurs. The VIP page isn't accessible through any of the main page links and the code was clearly malfunctioning giving people 25% off when the code was clearly designed to give 15% off, not to mention those codes rarely ever apply to a product that was barely released a little over a week ago.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat likes this.
    10-04-14 02:33 PM
    I am bracing myself for that, but my gut feeling is the codes were available for returned stock from the 1st 200K batch they sold.

Who knows, but don't speculate until it actually hits the fan.

Everyone that ordered the VIP should be prepared to get a normal Passport, and everyone that used the code should be prepared to have their orders canceled due to an error.

Hoping for the best is one thing, but no one here can claim ignorance and complain if an unfavorable outcomes occurs. The VIP page isn't accessible through any of the main page links and the code was clearly malfunctioning giving people 25% off when the code was clearly designed to give 15% off, not to mention those codes rarely ever apply to a product that was barely released a little over a week ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you type in VIP passport it shows up on the same page as the non VIP passport.......

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:39 PM
    Any new coupon codes
    10-04-14 02:42 PM
    Any new coupon codes
    Lol..i highly doubt it.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-04-14 02:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't matter if it was an error, once the product ships, and your card has been charged this discounted amount there is literally nothing shop BlackBerry can legally do.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:44 PM
    I'm expecting my order to be canceled on Monday so there is no worse outcome than that but for those expecting otherwise you'd best be ready

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    10-04-14 02:49 PM
    Cancelled?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:52 PM
    I just checked my order and under the item name it says "Other" Maybe that means it is the VIP?

I hope the VIP isn't the returned stock from all the tech reviewers.
    10-04-14 02:56 PM
    I just checked my order and under the item name it says "Other" Maybe that means it is the VIP?

It's ok, they probably didn't even bother opening the box.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:00 PM
    As someone who ordered a PassPort on launch day, I will say this for those of you who haven't experienced shopbb yet. They have terrible customer service and email notifications, as a result most of you will be shocked when you get an email on Tuesday saying the phone will be delivered in a few hours.

I got my email with tracking number 3 hours before the phone delivery.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. My favourite part is their form letter responses when i request a cancellation. Apparently "my product has already been processed for shipment" and I will be getting "a shipment notification shortly". I guess shortly is in the eye of the beholder because to me 10 days isn't shortly. Also they haven't officially confirmed with me that my phone is on back-order.
    10-04-14 03:04 PM
    It's ok, they probably didn't even bother opening the box.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, I know right!
    10-04-14 03:06 PM
    my dear crackberrians... if you ordered a vip version, it turns out to be the all-black passport and for some reason you don't like it, please let me know... i was really silly for not ordering a vip version with the coupon... after reading some comments and seeing another thread showing what's inside the vip version box, i was convinced that it was the "regular" silver bezel version... but if you open your box and it is in fact the all-black one and want to trade it for a silver bezel one, well i am more than willing to find a deal for it... thanks!
    10-04-14 03:08 PM
    The amount of entitlement and impatience on this thread and others is staggering...some of you folks need to take some of the money you saved from using that coupon and buy some perspective

#itsjustaphone
    SlcCorrado and Munx like this.
    10-04-14 03:11 PM
    ordered my Passport at 6:50pm EST last night, got an order confirmation 4.5 hours later. Today at 1pm EST I got an email saying, "Product on Backorder"
    10-04-14 03:11 PM

I think it's obvious that they are gonna send you a box with a brick inside... They clearly protected themselves with the "other" description...
    boilerkim and RafiqK like this.
    10-04-14 03:16 PM
    I talked to 5 people at digital river including 2 managers. The incompetence there is unbelievable.

My orders were not going through because of a payment authorisation failed message. Called in to see what the problem was. They blamed my PayPal and credit card. Both PayPal and my credit card said the problem is with digital river. The csr on the phone manually put my order through and I specifically stated onto my credit card. Find out later he put it on my PayPal and it failed. If I had not called back to followup it never would have been fixed. The manager cancelled that order and created a new one. I specifically asked for the vip model and to process on my cc. She stated the vip is only model in stock and she went ahead and created the order for me.

What was surprising was that when she was done she stated my cc would be charged $592.40 taxes and shipping included. I never once gave her the code or asked about a discount. If she had come back with the regular amount I would have then asked.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:17 PM
    I called shopblackberry and they said that all back orders will ship on Monday the 6th.

Let's hope that's true. The person on the phone even said mine (devis back ordered too) is to be shipped on the 6th.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    10-04-14 03:19 PM
    I think we should start putting what time we placed our order, where from, and if it's back-ordered or not.

I ordered at 6:02pm EST from the US BlackBerry store. I got my confirmation order email at 7:43pm. No back-order email so far.

What about you all?
    Ordered at 4:50 pm 10/3 got confirmation @ 8:36 and back order email @ 9:39 from us.
    10-04-14 03:23 PM
1,654 ... 2324252627 ...