I just got off the phone with two reps then escalated it to their manager, Troy. He stated to me he had spoken to their accounting department and that it may or may not be cancelled. I repeatedly told them their website states orders can be cancelled if made on the same day......so we will see what the outcome of this will be.

After the phone call i've also submitted an email cancel request.
    Damn. Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:37 AM
    Looks like somebody finally caught on and they pulled the code... Let's see what happens next. Decision time for BB... Think if they let this through, somebody is def losing their job over this. Can't even imagine how many must have gone through and ordered... Best of luck to the VIP orders. Hope you get the black version.

Personally not sure which one I like better. But the both look solid. Guess a matter of preference. Fingers are crossed.
    I would say about 150-200 units, that's the quantity I saw available around the time the coupon thread came out. So if you do the math that's quite a bit of coin they lose out on.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:38 AM
    Not sure what it means. My hard shell case states boxed shipment but the Passport says other.

Posted via CB10
    Dang here I was pondering for an hour at the gym whether to get the VIP one just in case it came all black, went to get it..... coupon code not valid..... lol wasn't meant to be I guess... haha

Posted via CB10
    What does "Boxed Shipment" mean under the order page?
    That means it's not a downloadable purchase, it's something that has to be boxed and shipped. They primarily are the purchasing agent for software/apps.
    donmateo likes this.
    10-04-14 11:40 AM
    I would say about 150-200 units, that's the quantity I saw available around the time the coupon thread came out. So if you do the math that's quite a bit of coin they lose out on.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but I doubt they would have sold half of those at normal price.... at the discount people were buying a second one for their significant other... etc..... that would never pay full price for a second...

Posted via CB10
    RafiqK likes this.
    10-04-14 11:40 AM
    FYI guys, I checked the US site and you can place orders now. Showing in stock, I was able to add it to my cart.

The VIP one shows up as well, but is 699 US.
    I ordered mine while it was in stock and even got an order confirmation and then this morning I received another email saying it has been back ordered and will ship as soon as it is in stock again.....got a great deal but kinda sucks, I was excited I might see it sometime next week! Guess not.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:41 AM
    Got my backorder email which shows full price no discount. Not sure if it automatically pulls the list price or what, but no discount shown.
    10-04-14 11:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    The math is $30K...how is that a lot of coin for a multi billion dollar company?
    RyanGermann likes this.
    10-04-14 11:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Really, haha, I would have guessed 10,000... Guess I over estimated the demand for this... 200 seems so little.
    10-04-14 11:50 AM
    The math is $30K...how is that a lot of coin for a multi billion dollar company?
    It's probably a bit more than that as the discount is around 249. I meant a lot with respect to it being a mistake on an individual's behalf.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:51 AM
    Really, haha, I would have guessed 10,000... Guess I over estimated the demand for this... 200 seems so little.
    It is a nominal amount to us, not to the individual who made the mistake though.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:54 AM
    I just got off the phone with two reps then escalated it to their manager, Troy. He stated to me he had spoken to their accounting department and that it may or may not be cancelled. I repeatedly told them their website states orders can be cancelled if made on the same day......so we will see what the outcome of this will be.

After the phone call i've also submitted an email cancel request.
    Just called and they said it takes 1-3 business days to cancel orders

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:55 AM
    Does anybody find it strange that almost every coupon code from DR goes awry? Yet BB still keeps them? Must be a lock-tight contract...
    10-04-14 11:56 AM
    It's probably a bit more than that as the discount is around 249. I meant a lot with respect to it being a mistake on an individual's behalf.

Posted via CB10
    Ah...well my discount was $150 ($599 >> $449), I suppose those with a higher starting price had a slightly bigger discount. Either way, it's a drop in the bucket for them and likely won't be worth any potential backlash and/or negative press by bringing attention to it; and conversely, will create some goodwill with the most loyal users that snapped it up, and get the device into more hands. Hopefully common sense prevails.

Then again, they're probably not too keen on all those that are cancelling orders placed in previous days to get a discounted model, then turning right around and cancelling that order to get a "vip" model.
    Last edited by netwerx1; 10-04-14 at 12:13 PM.
    10-04-14 11:56 AM
    Any mistake of this nature if it is a mistake is undesirable, but let's consider the actual losses here:

The devices were still sold at a profit to BlackBerry.

Many people who bought at the lower price would not have purchased at full price.

A handful of people who paid full price are going to return their full-price purchase or cancel their full-price orders and buy at the lower price.

The orders could still be cancelled.

So, it is a case of not making as much money on a few units, and possibly dealing with returns of "used" returned devices that will have to be refurbished for resale.

BlackBerry could save themselves some hassle by having current passport owners identify themselves with a receipt and send them a $100 gift card, splitting the $195 price difference, rather than having devices be returned and depleting current stock of an in-demand device.

Saving the hassle of doing the return and frankly just giving us Canadians a price closer to the U.S. Launch price would satisfy me, but I can not see them having a manageable process for doing this.

There are ways to minimize the cost of errors like this, should a company choose to exercise them.
    10-04-14 12:05 PM
    Got my backorder email which shows full price no discount. Not sure if it automatically pulls the list price or what, but no discount shown.
    I just got my confirmation email this morning 8:28am PDT, no backorder email yet though. I placed my order around 3:10pm PDT yesterday. If the honor this, I can buy out my Rogers contract and still be under the cost of buying the phone outright from Rogers.

EDIT: just got the backorder email lol 10:10 PDT
    10-04-14 12:08 PM
    I wont be surprised if everyone gets an email saying their getting a refund due to error.
    MLDodier likes this.
    10-04-14 12:13 PM
    Damn... just got the backorder email.

Ah well... at least now BlackBerry knows for sure at which price they can really move Passports! Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 12:15 PM
    I wont be surprised if everyone gets an email saying their getting a refund due to error.
    It will be interesting to see since some people have had the coupon applied retroactively to their orders by calling in.
    10-04-14 12:15 PM
    coupon doesn't work
    10-04-14 12:17 PM
    Just got the backorder email for my first purchase made at 7pm on the US site. Here is hoping the VIP purchase made at 10:50 on the Canadian site isn't!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 12:18 PM
    are you getting it shipped to Canada or the states?
    10-04-14 12:21 PM
    Damn... just got the backorder email.

Ah well... at least now BlackBerry knows for sure at which price they can really move Passports! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Geez so you got a back order email after you got the confirmation email? I only had order submitted, and order confirmation emails, no more after that.
    10-04-14 12:21 PM
    For those who got the backorder email:

Did it still show the original. pre-discount price?
    10-04-14 12:22 PM
1,654 ... 2122232425 ...