Ok changed back, let me know. I am not about to order another one to confirm lol.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    lol Keep you on your toes.
    10-03-14 07:47 PM
    Sold out in Canada too

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:47 PM
    So all sold out? Can I change the thread title back now?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-03-14 07:48 PM
    It says "In Stock" until you order it.
    SharonRD likes this.
    Really?! Mines been showing Out of Stock for a while now, and I'm located in Edmonton :/

Posted via CB10
    Ok, I just checked again right this second and it still says in stock. Not sure why it says out of stock for you, should be uniform across the board, regarless of city/province.
    It's out of stock in the US.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:49 PM
    Ok, I just checked again right this second and it still says in stock. Not sure why it says out of stock for you, should be uniform across the board, regarless of city/province.
    I just checked and it's saying out of stock for me, Canadian site accessed from Victoria BC
    10-03-14 07:50 PM
    It says "In Stock" until you order it.
    My bad, you are correct. They need to change it to out of stock then, so not to get poor folks hopes up! Yep, title can be changed back now. lol
    Who else thinks that this was intentional?

All those who missed out can buy stocks and ride the headlines tomorrow instead...

Posted via CB10
    It is out of stock, the main page may show in stock but when you click add to cart it states item is out of stock and backordered.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-03-14 07:51 PM
    Had it set up to notify me when it was back in stock. . never got the email and now they are sold out. Again.
    10-03-14 07:51 PM
    Who else thinks that this was intentional?

All those who missed out can buy stocks and ride the headlines tomorrow instead...

Posted via CB10
    Why would that be intentional. What most likely happened is that this is for a certain range of items and they just didn't add the passport to the exclusion list like the other phones. The device is too new to give 100 & 15% off
    10-03-14 07:53 PM
    That coupon doesn't work on any other phones only accessories so I expect they will be cancelled: as a bonus for BlackBerry loyalists, this is nice, but for BlackBerry Ltd., this kind of mistake has to stop. It's not just about the lost revenue, it's the perception that they're "having" to mark down a brand new device that worries me. To that end (bracing myself for the onslaught) I hope they have the sense to cancel these orders (but maybe offer to go our that price in two months once all the initial full-price preorders have been filled.

I don't want to be all Hermione here, but I'm a shareholder and also a jealous bee-yotch.

...but I was able to submit an order: no less than $200 cheaper than the device I got from Amazon. Makes the Amazon return worth the effort, if the order is fulfilled.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 10-03-14 at 08:06 PM.
    10-03-14 07:54 PM
    I hope they will honor the coupon code and my shipito adress
    10-03-14 07:54 PM
    Had it set up to notify me when it was back in stock. . never got the email and now they are sold out. Again.
    Same for me, I had to just keep checking frequently.
    10-03-14 07:55 PM
    I ordered mine earlier in Canada.

I really don't mind if the order gets cancelled.

Worse case it gets cancelled and I get my $607 back.

Best case, I get a brand spanking new BlackBerry Passport to play with!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:56 PM
    Maybe they were just a few thousand units shy of selling 1 million Passports in the first week of availability so they gave a nice little discount to a few lucky customers so they had a nice headline for the Wall Street analysts.
    10-03-14 07:57 PM
    That coupon doesn't work on any other phones only accessories so I expect they will be cancelled: as a bonus for BlackBerry loyalists, this is nice, but for blackberry Ltd. This kind of mistake has to stop. It's not just about the lost revenue, it's the perception that they're "having" to mark down a brand new device that worries me. To that end (bracing myself for the onslaught) I hope they have the sense to cancel these orders (but maybe offer to go our that price in two months once all the initial full-price preorders have been filled.

I don't want to be all Hermione here, but I'm a shareholder and also a jealous *****.
    Yeah, they did this same mistake back a few months ago with accessories. I put in about three orders, two of them were cancelled, one was delivered (for a grand total of $0.00). Kinda felt bad, but it's up to Digital River to get their act together. This phone is in demand with those that follow BlackBerry, it's been sold out for a week or so, and finally it's available... what do they expect?
    So that's what happened. Clearly a mistake with the passport not making it on the exclusion list. The $150 question is if they honor it or not...
    Just called and got them to apply a price adjustment to my account! She said as long as they are able to pull the discount up on the phone then they will honour it. Partial refund will take 5-7days to be posted. Thanks OP!!!
    For me I have to send them an email get them to even look at price protecting :/
    They're still making money off of them, and feeding the hype. How many more people will be exposed to the Passport now?

Increased BB10 adoption is increased BB10 adoption. Better to pump the numbers for $450/575 a piece than $200 like they have been for the last half a year with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh and eldrover like this.
    10-03-14 07:58 PM
    Maybe they were just a few thousand units shy of selling 1 million Passports in the first week of availability so they gave a nice little discount to a few lucky customers so they had a nice headline for the Wall Street analysts.

LOL. John Chen can now boast that they sold xx many in a week and a half.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:58 PM
    Deep down I know this is going to get cancelled but hey it was fun scramble and I'm okay with any ending
    RyanGermann likes this.
    10-03-14 07:59 PM
    Ummm... Any leftover pie?
    10-03-14 08:00 PM
    They're still making money off of them, and feeding the hype. How many more people will be exposed to the Passport now?

Increased BB10 adoption is increased BB10 adoption. Better to pump the numbers for $450/575 a piece than $200 like they have been for the last half a year with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    But the trade off is that if the product is in demand, consumers will be willing to pay the full price anyways.

You would be leaving money on the table.

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann and eldrover like this.
    10-03-14 08:00 PM
1,654 ... 678910 ...