I read a few reviews about videos played back on passport being awkward because of the square screen.

If I'm watching a movie on a device, it will be output to my TV with hdmi every time which I presume will have full 16:9 resolution for the passport. So for me only the short videos people post in in links would be played on my device screen... I think I can live with it being zoomed or letter boxed for those short videos of low importance considering how much better of reading experience I'll have with web content and emails and documents.

Can't wait for my passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 07:43 AM
    Other devices will be better for video. I don't really see the problem, it's not what it's designed for.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat and Smokeaire like this.
    09-28-14 07:45 AM
    When I get my Passport any videos I'm serious in watching will be on my TV via Chromecast (hopefully) .
    09-28-14 07:58 AM
    I tried one out in a store yesterday (it was amazing) and made sure to test video on it. I thought it did a great job, and for me would fulfill my mobile video needs. Much better than watching on a q10 for sure. I think for me the main argument would be that I could afford to watch a video throughout the day with the passports battery life. With most idroids I've seen you wouldn't dare watch video unless tethered to an outlet at home - with your TV right in front of you.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:09 AM
    The screen is wide enough so that the video is as large as an iPhone 4s or lower class in landscape.

One other thing to note is that Miracast is pretty much flawless with video unlike my z30 for example.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:12 AM
    Is there a stretch option to fill the screen? ie tall skinny people view.
    09-28-14 08:15 AM
    Is there a stretch option to fill the screen? ie tall skinny people view.
    I'd rather zoom/crop than stretch it.. but I'll take what I can get. But this should be a standard option on video playback. If it's not available consider this a feature request Mr Chen!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:40 AM
    What I find inconvenient on my rectangular z10 is the necessity to always rotate the device to watch videos. It is very annoying in blogs or portrait type of apps such as Flixter. You read a movie description in portrait and then have to rotate to watch the trailer and then rotate back to read more text.
    I hope passport will be free from this problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:56 AM
    The screen is wide enough so that the video is as large as an iPhone 4s or lower class in landscape.

One other thing to note is that Miracast is pretty much flawless with video unlike my z30 for example.

Posted via CB10
    I love having the play-on feature, but the feature doesn't come up on netflix!

Usually I share my screen using miracast and then turn my phone to landscape for it to fill the screen but that's not going to work with passport!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by irwindersra; 09-29-14 at 08:44 AM.
    09-28-14 09:29 AM
    As far as I know Android apps never get the Play On function. I hope, and have given feedback to this effect many times, they add a function like the "Zoom" they put in Android apps now, to force all apps to go 16:9 over HDMI/Miracast.

I heard somehwere this may already be an option, but I don't have the proper adapters yet to try Slimport so someone else will have to try that and show us the results.
    09-28-14 10:29 AM
    You can zoom in on video on the Passport and it'll fill the screen, but then if cuts off the left and right sides of the video.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:38 PM