Hello, everyone.

I just received my first BlackBerry Passport (SE) this afternoon, and been playing around with it all day now. I knew the basically landscape wide keyboard and new layout was going to represent a learning curve to me, so no complaints there.

What I'm surprised to realize, specially from BlackBerry, is that I don't get a choice to reverse the scrolling. To me it just seems.. Wrong.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that feels this way, and was wondering if after all these years the PP has been out, have people figure a way to change that or are we supposed to get over it?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 11:01 PM
    I don't understand, do you want the screen to scroll the opposite way so when you swipe up it is goes down? That would seem counter intuitive to me.

Unfortunately as you say there is no option to change it though as far as I am aware.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running
    10-15-16 07:12 AM
    Perhaps the OP is a pilot.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 07:19 AM
    Always reverse the Y-axis. Always.

Except with Passport, as it doesn't allow you to.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 09:23 AM
    OP has a legit point. Think of how mice scroll wheels (or BBOS trackpads) work. You swipe down with your finger, which causes the page to move upwards (scrolling down)... which is the opposite of how you use a touch screen.

I know I had to adjust to the trackpad scrolling when I switched from a PC (mouse wheel style) to a Mac (touchscreen style) for my work computer, though most PC trackpads now work similarly now. It's just something you have to get accustomed to.
    10-15-16 09:30 AM
    A toggle for this would be very welcome.
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    10-15-16 10:29 AM
    I think it is supposed to replicate the motion of your finger on the screen. Never had an issue, but as a gamer who always inverts the y axis, from the early days of playing flight sims, I feel your pain.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    10-15-16 10:56 AM
    Yes, I force myself to think of it as an extension of the screen rather than a notepad. Although muscle memory still kicks in every now and then, I've used mostly Bolds and the Classic for over a good decade now, I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

Ball and track pads just seem to hard it right, but I figure the priority on the passport was to keep the tactile keyboard consistent with the section tool for typing. Reversing the axis exclusively for Web browsing and apps scrolling would have required additional programing I suppose.

I also noticed it doesn't work with pictures, probably old news around here, but kinda of a let down too for old time users; it was so close to perfection!

Nonetheless, an spectacular BlackBerry! I hadn't been this proud and excited about the phone I carry since the Bold 9000. I only hope they continue to improve in future devices, or that this one last me forever.

P.S. Who remembers those days In which you could find an app for any change you wanted to make to your BlackBerry in BB World? That was kind of what I was hoping for.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 02:57 AM
    I suppose it would be nice to be able to customize it, but given Blackberry's stance on BB10 and that not even Blend and Link work... Fat chance. Maybe the OP is used to how Macs come preset... It's the very first thing I change with them.
    10-22-16 03:15 PM