Blackberry phones on the enterprise network have the work/personal feature where you can switch back and forth from your work phone to your personal phone.

I am wondering would it be possible to have the same thing only with the ability to switch between BB10 and Android? Both operating softwares are loaded onto the phone with the ability to switch between them. So I could use BB10 for most of my dad to day operations but then when I want to use an android specific app I just switch over the android operating system, download or play the app I want. It would be even better if we had full function of the hub as well.

I love bb10 OS, but can see the benefits of also running Android. Rather than have two passports running different OS, we could have one the runs both.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 03:39 PM
    Interesting question, and a good one. Like a dual-boot system, but both OSs running at the same time and being able to switch between them on the fly. That way you can have BB10 for all the important stuff, and switch to Android for the random app that might run better on actual Android.

In a way, BB10 already has this, since the Android Player is always running... just the UI isn't.

Every BB10 device already has Android on it anyway. And Google Play is accessible too....

This might be a good option.
    08-24-15 04:01 PM
    At the header someone us showing the Venice android phone with BB suite on it.
    There you have the 2 systems
    08-24-15 04:10 PM
    At the header someone us showing the Venice android phone with BB suite on it.
    There you have the 2 systems
    Right so we could have full hub integration using android. I still like bb10 better, but it would be nice to switch over to android with a flick of a switch if needed and then back to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 04:16 PM
    Interesting question, and a good one. Like a dual-boot system, but both OSs running at the same time and being able to switch between them on the fly. That way you can have BB10 for all the important stuff, and switch to Android for the random app that might run better on actual Android.

In a way, BB10 already has this, since the Android Player is always running... just the UI isn't.

Every BB10 device already has Android on it anyway. And Google Play is accessible too....

This might be a good option.
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 04:16 PM
    Right so we could have full hub integration
    using android. I still like bb10 better, but it would be nice to switch over to android with a flick of a switch if needed and then back to bb10.
    Posted via CB10
    Did you read this????
    Latest BlackBerry 'Venice' slider leak shows off BlackBerry Productivity Suite | CrackBerry.com
    08-24-15 04:24 PM
    Remember though: Android isn't the real prize; unfettered access to GPS and the Play Store is.

So, if OHA restrictions are to be believed, a dual boot device with access to GPS is a no-go. Problem being that anything without GPS will be a tough sell. Ask Amazon and MS; the latter actually did spit out a dual-boot device.

Not saying BlackBerry can't or won't, just that, on paper, it makes little sense to.
    08-24-15 04:30 PM
    Remember though: Android isn't the real prize; unfettered access to GPS and the Play Store is.
    I'm not a newbie, but from what I can tell, I have full access to the Play Store on my Passport right now. In reality, there is almost nothing of interest in it for me... as I have all the apps I need from BlackBerry World.
    08-24-15 04:33 PM
    I'm not a newbie, but from what I can tell, I have full access to the Play Store on my Passport right now. In reality, there is almost nothing of interest in it for me... as I have all the apps I need from BlackBerry World.
    No you don't. Not even John Chen thinks that.

I can't argue with your last point -- that you have all the apps you need -- but for the sake of all things app neutral, please don't tell folks you have full access to Google Play.
    08-24-15 04:36 PM
    Yeah, you have access to a decent bunch of android apps, half of them are buggy and/or running at a greatly reduced speed. Smoke and mirrors.

Posted via CB10
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    08-24-15 05:51 PM
    No you don't. Not even John Chen thinks that.

I can't argue with your last point -- that you have all the apps you need -- but for the sake of all things app neutral, please don't tell folks you have full access to Google Play.
    OK. I'm sure there are a lot of apps that might not work exactly right, but I do have an app on my phone called Google Play and I do have access to Google Play services. Of the few Android apps that I have downloaded, they seem to work just fine.
    08-25-15 02:52 AM