I finally have the funds to outright purchase the Passport. I was planning to get it from Amazon, but now that AT&T has announced and showing the round corner version I'm not sure which way to go. I definitely prefer the looks of the ATT Passport bit when it will be available is still up in the air.
    So now do I get it through Amazon (so I can get used to it and get it setup) and hope that round corners comes during the Amazon return policy is in affect, or just wait? I would still buy it full price from AT&T (don't want to extend my contract not increase my monthly bill).
    What would you do?
    Btw, I'm returning to Blackberry after 5 years using Android phones. I'm looking forward to it.
    Thanks.

Celebrate diversity in phone choices, not homogeneity.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-10-15 09:53 AM
    Amazon has a wonderful return policy. Hate to say take advantage of it but...take advantage of it and you may just find that you like the OG squared version. I have the Red one and it's going nowhere.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-10-15 09:56 AM
    Just be patient shouldn't be too long now

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-10-15 09:57 AM
    I finally have the funds to outright purchase the Passport. I was planning to get it from Amazon, but now that AT&T has announced and showing the round corner version I'm not sure which way to go. I definitely prefer the looks of the ATT Passport bit when it will be available is still up in the air.
    So now do I get it through Amazon (so I can get used to it and get it setup) and hope that round corners comes during the Amazon return policy is in affect, or just wait? I would still buy it full price from AT&T (don't want to extend my contract not increase my monthly bill).
    What would you do?
    Btw, I'm returning to Blackberry after 5 years using Android phones. I'm looking forward to it.
    Thanks.

Hang tight. you said you would prefer the AT&T.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-10-15 11:15 AM
    Thanks for the replies. It is good to finally have Blackberry phones to get excited over. Going back to the company that started me on the smartphone path is a "who knew?". I imagine I'm not the only Android user returning to the fold.
    I guess I'll just stash the dough and wait a few more weeks.

Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-10-15 08:06 PM
    Confession time. I'm weak as water! I ordered the Passport today from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow. Even though I like the looks of the round corner version in thinking about the pros and cons of paying AT&Ts price, the bloatware that will inevitably come with it, getting the original made more sense. I'll even get a discount on my service, thereby saving more $ . Looking forward to getting it setup tomorrow and retiring my Note2.

raqball and retomex like this.
    01-14-15 11:29 AM
    Just a quick update. I received my Passport last Thursday. Visually it looks a lot nicer than the photos of it make it appear, very professional and adult looking. I'm more impressed than I thought I would be. Build quality is excellent, very solid feeling, not plastic feeling like my Note2.
    Holding it felt most awkward, I'm used to the candy bar, "narrow" Samsung type phones. I know in time I'll get used to it. I look forward to using it, nay, I look for any excuse to pick it up and use it.
    Learning the new methods of an unfamiliar OS was somewhat frustrating. Somewhat like getting a new model of car after having driven a different model for many years, and figuring out where all the controls are and how it works. I am figuring it out, having fun doing it, and loving how it works.
    Having used BlackBerry phones before going to Android, and hating touch screen typing, I'm thrilled at the feel of a real keyboard, and very impressed with the features of this keyboard. it feels like an old friend who had a major attitude adjustment for the better. I'm not missing the fourth row. I would have liked to have more "bottom" below the keyboard so typing doesn't feel kinda cramped and less top heavy. Oh well, I'll adapt to the feel over time.
    The one feature I would like to see is being able to have the option to have the time and battery charge displayed at the top, or somewhere on the screen when apps are open. For example, I have an appointment to have my eyes checked at 9am this morning. It would be nice to be able to keep track of the time while I'm typing this.
    More comments later. Need more coffee.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 01-17-15 at 07:47 AM.
    raqball likes this.
    01-17-15 06:59 AM