BlackBerry users are usually the ones not only living their lives, but also moving the world forward. They usually make their own judgment calls and need no convincing.

If you are one of them, you should buy yourself a Passport?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    mister2d and dmateo like this.
    02-15-15 11:12 AM
    I want to buy a Passport but I'm happy with my Z10. Please convince me to change to passport....

Posted via CB10
    It's on sale this weekend and the lowest price seen like ever. Combined with the coupon around here.
    02-15-15 11:24 AM
    Most other phones out there look like crap next to the passport. Period
    02-15-15 11:28 AM
    I don know if you should buy an BlackBerry Passport or stay with your old device but I can tell you that I come from iPhone 6, note 4,nexus 6,and z30 but only the passport makes me smile every time I got it in my hands, that phone is unique! I am feeling special in this world of same and boring devices.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    02-15-15 11:35 AM
    If you asked for comparison between passport and iPhone or note4, then it made sense.

Comparison between z10 and passport is like

Cycle vs Motorbike 1000cc.

]|I{�------� ѕєηт �яσм му  ραѕѕρσят. �------�}I|[
    02-15-15 11:47 AM
    Everything is better on the Passport. The battery, the screen, the speakers, the feel of the device.

It's a lot bigger, so it will take a bit to get used to, especially the width.

Posted via CB10
    To the 'bigger issue', I'm typing this reply ONE HANDED on a Passport and am coming from a Z10. Needless to say, this doesn't work while walking of course.

But anything other than that: the Passport is better at literally everything over the Z10. I gave my Z10 to my mom and picking it up again felt so.....horribly narrow. It really felt like there was something wrong with the device, as if it's like a specially narrowed niche phone for people who want small, one handed devices, while the Passport now feels like the 'normal' phone. It's just getting used to and I swear this keyboard is downright awesome..

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 11:56 AM
    I want to buy a Passport but I'm happy with my Z10. Please convince me to change to passport....

Posted via CB10
    I honestly can't compare to the Z10. I went from BB OS7 to Android (Note 2 and Galaxy 10.1 tablet, then a Nexus 7 2013, finally an Xperia Z Ultra).

The Z10, like my Android devices has no physical keyboard. If you do a lot of messaging, the Passport's physical keyboard is important.

Screen size is one of my biggies. I like a bigger screen. There's more you can do with a larger screen. The width of the Passport is the same as my Z Ultra. The height is about 2/3 the Z Ultra. Which makes for good screen size, yet still pocketable, even in jeans. The screen size is big enough that I can comfortably watch most videos on the Passport, if that's all that's with me.

Battery: I have no clue how some of these people get two days on the Passport. I suspect the phone mostly sits there. But I'm usually up at 7am, which is when the phone comes off the charger. And I hit the bed somewhere between 1am and 4am, which is when the phone goes back on the charger. Occasionally, I'll do a quick charge in the evening, if I've gone below 40%. I usually bring it up to 70-80%, just to make sure I have power to do what I need. I'm active on BBM, Facebook, texting, have a bunch of music and video apps, plus a bunch of stuff related to my writing. It all gets frequent use.

All that makes me happy I have the Passport. But you need to make up your own mind. At the end of the day, whether you're happy or disgusted, it's easy to say someone else influenced you. But the truth is that you decided to do it or not.
    02-15-15 11:59 AM
    Actually, you might be wrong. I get better battery life than this guy on average (2 hrs short of 3 days) with my somewhat light usage. I use my Passport the exact same way as I did my previous two phones. Those phone's batteries would be long dead before my Passport's.

Posted via CB10
    Well than I wonder what phones you used to use and how long ago.

I've had many flagships previous year and the passports battery life ain't out of the ordinary. I think it's on par with most of the flagships from 2014 which the pp belongs in.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the battery of my pp, but I need to charge it either at the end on my day (before I go to sleep) or somewhere around dinner. I just use my phones a lot tho.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:34 PM
    Well than I wonder what phones you used to use and how long ago.

I've had many flagships previous year and the passports battery life ain't out of the ordinary. I think it's on par with most of the flagships from 2014 which the pp belongs in.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the battery of my pp, but I need to charge it either at the end on my day (before I go to sleep) or somewhere around dinner. I just use my phones a lot tho.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't matter what phones I used before. That's the point. I used them all the same exact way. Only the Passport and my old Symbian based 808 has killer battery life.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:36 PM
    BlackBerry users are usually the ones not only living their lives, but also moving the world forward. They usually make their own judgment calls and need no convincing.

If you are one of them, you should buy yourself a Passport?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    I like this. Even if it's a bit pretentious.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:36 PM
    If you asked for comparison between passport and iPhone or note4, then it made sense.

Comparison between z10 and passport is like

Cycle vs Motorbike 1000cc.

]|I{�------� ѕєηт �яσм му  ραѕѕρσят. �------�}I|[
    True that! Every phone got its pro's nd cons, but most can do exactly the same. That's why a comparison is good or like me, bought all 3 of them.

You cannot really compare a 2 year old Blackberry touch screen device with the new BlackBerry pp.

My advice would be either go in to a shop and play with it or watch loads of comparisons on the youtube like I did.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:39 PM
    I believe you can get one in the next 24 hours for $399 with valentine's sale and coupon code on these forums!

As they say...time to defecate or get off the pot :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:40 PM
    I own a passport but I don't want to convince you or any one because I alone want to enjoy this top end awesomeness.Yea couldn't help myself on this

Posted via CB10
    MRTTNS and wincyUt like this.
    02-15-15 01:02 PM
    Closed for review.
    02-15-15 04:37 PM
    [WARN]OK, a number of unecessary comments have been deleted (and where they were quoted).

For the record, if you dont find a thread to be worthwhile or you don't wish to partici[pate -- move on to another. Be civil. Debate and disagreement is expected, but do not resort to name-calling.

Anyone not understanding what's expected in the Forums should take a look here: Community Rules and Guidelines[/WARN]

/ thread re-opened.
    makie likes this.
    02-15-15 05:15 PM
    You'll love it. Just get one.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 05:27 PM
    Read my signature below in Web view. Everything else is details, as spelled out in the posts preceding.

The only people who think the iPhone is better than a Passport are those who have never used a Passport. I cannot think or a single advantage to the iPhone (and I'm an Apple person--just got a new Macbook Pro Retina yesterday). The iPad full size or Mini may be better for content and streaming, but that's not the comparison were making here. I haven't used my iPad Mini more than an hour or so since I got the PP in November, and may put it on Ebay. For me it's a nice device, but for the most part redundant.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    02-15-15 05:47 PM
    How do you find the hybrid keyboard versus the fully physical keyboard of Q5 for instance? Would it be a difficult adjustment? And also where do you find the discount coupons in the forums? Does the sale at Blackberry.com end tonight or tomorrow?
    02-15-15 05:55 PM
    To the 'bigger issue', I'm typing this reply ONE HANDED on a Passport and am coming from a Z10. Needless to say, this doesn't work while walking of course.

But anything other than that: the Passport is better at literally everything over the Z10. I gave my Z10 to my mom and picking it up again felt so.....horribly narrow. It really felt like there was something wrong with the device, as if it's like a specially narrowed niche phone for people who want small, one handed devices, while the Passport now feels like the 'normal' phone. It's just getting used to and I swear this keyboard is downright awesome..

Posted via CB10
    Hope you don't have problems typing "TWO HANDED" on a Passport while walking?
    I have absolutely no problem typing two handed while walking.
    02-15-15 06:04 PM
    If you like phones with PB buy it...if you don't buy a Z30...best BB phone so far!!
    02-15-15 06:31 PM
    Spec's, spec's, spec's. Only BB that rivals other flagship phones at the moment. The battery life is pretty incredible, especially when compared to a z10.
    02-15-15 06:37 PM
    One of the big reasons for sticking with the iPhone 6+ was that I have a iPad and MacBook Air and they work so well together. It is refreshing to hear people loving the BB and keeping Apple laptops and Tablets
    02-15-15 08:09 PM
    Do you miss the physical keyboard? If so, I'll tell you it's the best of both worlds, pressing on real keys but keeping the swiping gestures and the best predictive typing experience EVER!

Also, I still keep getting.... "what is that?? Is that a BlackBerry?? Wow that's nice!!"

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 08:49 PM
    Two words....battery life. No more switching batteries.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 09:47 PM
    I like this. Even if it's a bit pretentious.

Posted via CB10
    Not at all. I didn't say BlackBerry users are the only ones moving the world forward... just saying they tend to be that way.
    mister2d likes this.
    02-15-15 09:52 PM
63 123