Recently moved from a 9810 torch to a passport. After some long hours at the ATT store, MOST of my contacts are in my passport. However, I cant get them out. It is entirely possible that this is an operator (me) issue. Cant sync to Outlook, cant find a 3rd party app that moves them, cant seem to sync to Yahoo or even google. I have 2300+ contacts that I NEED for business and risk losing them if I lose/break my passport. OK, so the torch is in the drawer as a standby but I want to move forward not backward. Can anyone provide some help?
    03-23-16 09:07 AM
    Try an app called Intouchapp Contacts. Works great to backup and sync all of your contacts. Have used it to keep my contacts up to date across all devices. I believe the free version works for up to 5 devices. There is a version for legacy devices, BB10, and even Android.
    03-23-16 09:15 AM
    I don't know if it will help but I use a app for this called 'contact X' and it can export contacts I bought it a long time ago. But the person before me sounds like the better solution
    Contacts trapped in Passport, how can I get them out?-img_20160323_101117.png

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 09:18 AM
    Thanks, got them out. Now I am trying to do something with them like get them into Yahoo, Gmail or outlook...that will be a lesson to learn for another day. Appreciate the help.
    03-23-16 10:18 AM
    For future reference "Fire Chest backup" is a great app. You can backup pretty much everything that BlackBerry Protect backups and then restore. Perfect for "BlackBerry Remember"

Posted via Passport running 10.3.2.2876
    03-23-16 10:22 AM
    Will watch for the Pro version of that. I need the password vault backed up.
    03-23-16 11:44 AM
    I use ContactsImEx on my Passport. It backs up the info to an Excel file.

Try it, it is great and it is free.

ContactsImEx - BlackBerry World
    03-23-16 11:54 AM
    I was able to get the excel file but it doesn't save photos. I need those photos because they are of business cards in other languages and essential for me to show and navigate with cabbies while traveling. Google maps wont help when traveling because I am unaware of the intricacies of languages/addresses when I try to find a location and BB Maps wont work outside North America. I know im in the minority here but my torch WORKED in these situations for the last 5 years and now the updated model leaves me stuck. FRUSTRATING to see technology move backwards.
    03-23-16 12:23 PM
    I was able to get the excel file but it doesn't save photos. I need those photos because they are of business cards in other languages and essential for me to show and navigate with cabbies while traveling. Google maps wont help when traveling because I am unaware of the intricacies of languages/addresses when I try to find a location and BB Maps wont work outside North America. I know im in the minority here but my torch WORKED in these situations for the last 5 years and now the updated model leaves me stuck. FRUSTRATING to see technology move backwards.
    I understand that it is frustrating. Can you move all the photos to your memory card?
    Its good to make a really good backup, because if your phone was lost or broken, you would lose all that information anyway.
    03-23-16 01:19 PM
    Device switch or a Gmail email address should work Gmail saves all your contacts so does Outlook when I get a new device i just setup my Gmail /Outlook and my contacts are listed picture contacts and all . Or backup your device and go through BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 01:28 PM
    Intouchapp didnt work. Fortunately their customer service did work. They went back and forth with me today and I had to upgrade and spend $12 bucks because I have too many contacts. ANYWAY, all contacts are now in my phone and outlook and are syncing INCLUDING pictures of my contacts. After 2 months of dead ends, I am happy. Thanks for your direction this morning.
    03-23-16 01:51 PM