Looking at the contact abbreviation list is fascinating . Linkdin, Facebook, twitter etc. However, where is my phone book contacts only ? Keep in mind I haven't used a blackberry in 8 years at least so sorry for some of my ignorant questions

When looking for a client in my phone contacts list, I do not need to see a list of all my contacts from all these apps.
    10-16-14 12:56 PM
    open up your contacts, go to the settings and turn off the contacts from accounts you don't want to see. For example, bbm, sim cards, etc
    10-16-14 01:07 PM
    There are 2 ways to look for a contact in your phone book.

1. Open the phone book app & type the name of the person you are looking for.

2. Type a description of the person you have entered into the phone book earlier. e.g. Andy's friend, ABC company, Jane's husband, [email protected]

You can also do these from the universal search by tapping on the light bulb icon at the bottom of the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:14 PM
    This works but doesn't make sense. To see phone contacts we have to disable all other options. There has to be a better way.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:14 PM
    This works but doesn't make sense. To see phone contacts we have to disable all other options. There has to be a better way.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, Why not have a "phone book" contact list. I'm sure most of us do not want to have a list of LinkIn/Facebook/Twitter contacts associated in our phone book. The premise of searching seems to be somewhat of a solution.
    10-16-14 01:32 PM
    If you use the contact search in the phone app, it only shows contacts with phone numbers.
    10-16-14 01:39 PM
    I think what they have done makes sense to tie everyone's contact info into one spot, but like you I have many contacts who I only have a phone number and would be nice not to have them cluttered with other contacts.

The option to view "phone only" entries would be considered the same as another account like FB, BBM or LinkedIn. As it stands we have to turn off everything else instead of selecting what we want.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:41 PM
    On the Z10, running 10.2, when you are in Contacts: if you touch the menu button, or swipe from the left, you will see the list of types of contacts. The category associated with the primary email address (on mine it's just called Work), is where phone numbers are stored by default. So this list is actually almost entirely phone numbers. I would expect that would be the same in 10.3 for the Passport. And BTW, if anyone does not like their PP, I'll be happy to buy it from you : ). I'm waiting impatiently for AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:59 PM
    Is this the menu you are referring to? If so it appears it is different in 10.3. I think there has been some changes as I downgraded one of my phones from 10.3 to 10.2 most things restored from backup but contacts did not as it said they were not compatible. To me this means changes of some sort were made in 10.3

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 306615
    10-16-14 10:05 PM
    I actually like all the information of a contact to be consolidated into 1 place. Sometimes I find that I just call up the name of a contact & check what was the last email or SMS, or BBM etc & then reply from there.

I like the updates too it is one of my motivating factors to get a BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

The LinkedIn helped me get in touch with long lost friends & provided me with their phone numbers too. I think it's great.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 01:02 PM
    I actually like all the information of a contact to be consolidated into 1 place. Sometimes I find that I just call up the name of a contact & check what was the last email or SMS, or BBM etc & then reply from there.

I like the updates too it is one of my motivating factors to get a BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

The LinkedIn helped me get in touch with long lost friends & provided me with their phone numbers too. I think it's great.

Posted via CB10
    I agree and much prefer having all contact information in one place but I think the OP is wondering why their isn't a simple way to mine out their contacts that just have phone numbers, unless I misinterpreted and they want to be able to just view phone numbers from all contacts.

Either way there is no easy way to do this that I am aware of.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 01:50 PM
    I agree and much prefer having all contact information in one place but I think the OP is wondering why their isn't a simple way to mine out their contacts that just have phone numbers, unless I misinterpreted and they want to be able to just view phone numbers from all contacts.

Either way there is no easy way to do this that I am aware of.

Posted via CB10
    To only see contacts with phone numbers, use the contacts tab in the phone app.

If you have some social accounts showing up for you phone contacts, the may have their social account linked to their phone contact. You can look up the contact in the regular contacts app and unlink them there.

The linking is for functionality. For example, if a BBM contact is not linked to the regular contact, you may not be able to use the assistant to BBM them. Using John Smith as an example, if he was a contact but also had a bbm of jsmith but with a different BlackBerryID email than the email you have for him in your contact info, they will not link automatically. When you ask the assistant to BBM John Smith, it will reply that the John Smith contact does not have a PIN associated with it. You would then have to go into the John Smith contact and use the link option to link the contact to the jsmith BBM contact. His PIN will then show in the contact info.
    10-17-14 03:11 PM
    As has been stated before the Contacts tab on the phone will only bring up contacts that have a phone number attached to them though they may also have another way of communicating in the contact, ie: TXT, email, etc.

A long press on the contact from the contacts tab of the phone app allows editing the selected contact in the Contacts app.

So while the functionality requested isn't in the Contacts app, per se, it is available on the phone.

T-Mobile Z10 STL100-3 running 10.3.0.1418
    10-17-14 07:27 PM
    Actually come to think of it, I'm trying to find the logic in this. You saved the phone number of a contact plus other information of the contact in your phone. So when you want to connect to the contact just type his name eg. John Smith & it shows up.

If you just want to call John tap his number. What does it matter if his email address is just below the phone number?

Unless you are talking about sending his number to other people. For that I think BlackBerry need to improve a little bit. Just to have the option to share number only. Coz I usually write a lot of information about the person on my phone book like birthday, addresses, designation, notes about the person too. Those information I'm not comfortable to share.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:50 AM
    I think the OP isn't speaking to a specific contact or people who have phone (+ other contact info or not)

You can sort by BBM contacts, Twitter contacts, email, etc. (whether or not they have other info as well) but OP can't sort by just Phone contacts.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 06:21 AM
    Is there way to GLOBALLY UNLINK all contacts at once or have to do them ONE at a TIME ? ??
    11-18-14 01:06 PM
    I think the OP isn't speaking to a specific contact or people who have phone (+ other contact info or not)

You can sort by BBM contacts, Twitter contacts, email, etc. (whether or not they have other info as well) but OP can't sort by just Phone contacts.

Posted via CB10
    You've been told plenty of times, open the phone app, tap contacts, only contacts with aphone number will show. No FB, LinkedIn, Twitter etc, just phone numbers.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-18-14 06:15 PM
    I don't understand, this is the same premise as the HUB. Once you add LinkedIn, Twitter, FB, accounts, etc...your HUB fills up with all sorts of media beyond your typical emails and texts. That's where customization comes in. You can decide what you do and don't want in there.

Same thing goes for your contacts. You have the right to choose and customize who is in your contacts. You are only seeing the negative side. For me I knock out everyone but my LinkedIn and regular phone contacts. I like having my business contacts in there.

Back to the Berry...like riding a bicycle.
    11-18-14 06:25 PM