I've had my Passport for about a week and it's definitely a head-turner whenever I break it out. But when we start getting into the fine details of the device and software, here are a handful of issues I've come across that don't make me happy:

- Camera capture lag is horrible. Until I learned to hold camera steady for 2-3 second after pressing shutter release I was getting blurry, terrible photos. Also, image settings don't stay locked in. If I select action for a shot, I have to constantly go back and select Action again when I go in/out of the camera.

- Maybe it's just me, but many people have claimed they can't hear me very well when talking on the phone. I hear them great, but they all say the same thing: "It sounds like you're cutting in and out."

- Calendar: If I enter an appointment it will change the time of the appointment to a different random time. For example: Doctor appt on Friday at 10am. After I save it and then go to the calendar to confirm the time of the appointment will be at, say 1pm. I've done some research and it's a known issue. I have to go in to time/date settings and change my timezone to anything and then change it back to the correct time zone. That setting will hold as long as I don't turn the device off. Very, very annoying.

- So far in the course of one week I've had three random reboots. Not sure what's causing it. Facebook app? Don't know.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-29-14 01:49 PM
    Which OS are you running?
    10-29-14 01:50 PM
    Did you update the OS through OTA, Sachesi or Autoloader?
    10-29-14 01:59 PM
    For the time problem, try turning off "Auto Update Time Zone". Then use your trick again of changing the time zone to something else, and back again. Now see if it sticks through a reboot. I have seen this help with this bug. If it works, leave Auto Update off until a proper fix arrives.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 02:13 PM
    I've had my Passport for about a week and it's definitely a head-turner whenever I break it out. But when we start getting into the fine details of the device and software, here are a handful of issues I've come across that don't make me happy:

- Camera capture lag is horrible. Until I learned to hold camera steady for 2-3 second after pressing shutter release I was getting blurry, terrible photos. Also, image settings don't stay locked in. If I select action for a shot, I have to constantly go back and select Action again when I go in/out of the camera.

- Maybe it's just me, but many people have claimed they can't hear me very well when talking on the phone. I hear them great, but they all say the same thing: "It sounds like you're cutting in and out."

- Calendar: If I enter an appointment it will change the time of the appointment to a different random time. For example: Doctor appt on Friday at 10am. After I save it and then go to the calendar to confirm the time of the appointment will be at, say 1pm. I've done some research and it's a known issue. I have to go in to time/date settings and change my timezone to anything and then change it back to the correct time zone. That setting will hold as long as I don't turn the device off. Very, very annoying.

- So far in the course of one week I've had three random reboots. Not sure what's causing it. Facebook app? Don't know.
    Save the calendar, I've run into all of these issues. Camera lag is atrocious.
    10-29-14 02:20 PM
    For me the only issue that I have suffered from is the camera lag one, it is slow even though I was under the impression that 10.3.0.1418 was meant to make the camera start up quicker and take quicker pics.

Anyhow not a deal breaker as I don't take many pics with the Passport, I have a DSLR to satisfy my photography cravings but the Passport camera isn't that bad...I've taken some brilliant pics with it.

As for phone calls?? Not a single issue here and I'm on vodafone UK. Everyone that I've spoken to on my Passport have said I sound crystal clear, as if I'm in the room with them. HD quality calls are simply amazing but I could say it was the same on my Z30 as well. But one thing is for sure, the noise cancelling ability of this phone is truly out of this world simply put.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 02:43 PM
    - Camera capture lag is horrible.
    This is awful. I like to use the camera for those quick in the moment shots. So many missed pictures. It's almost useless.
    many people have claimed they can't hear me very well when talking on the phone.
    Are you sure you aren't covering one of the micro-phones. There are 3 or 4 on the phone and this may be causing your issue. Call quality has been great for me so far, so you definitely have some issue here.
    - Calendar: If I enter an appointment it will change the time of the appointment to a different random time.
    I've had this problem on my Z10 and Passport also. In fact, looking at my calendar right now it's done it again. Kind of ridiculous considering this should be a business phone. I wonder if the issue is specific to calendars linked with Outlook.com or all linked calendars.
    - So far in the course of one week I've had three random reboots.
    Are you sure you aren't accidently holding any of the buttons down. Holding the two volume buttons will reset the phone. I've noticed it won't go passed the BlackBerry screen until you let go. So, if you're seeing that screen when taking it out of your pocket that could be the case. I;m yet to have a random reboot.

I hope this helps a little and I hope BB fixes these problems and we can get everything sorted out.
    10-29-14 02:46 PM
    I noticed the camera's not optimal too -I don't experience lagg but sometimes it will take its time focusing or it'll blur the image now and then...however, what I notice is the terrible quality at shots taken in the dark....the flash seems to be yellowish or something and the picture appears yellowish and everything's so strange if you have a room with no light or just a little bit of it.

PS: I don't have call quality issues however, actually the opposite it's amazing. Battery life is even more amazing ! I don't really use the calendar so no idea for that -hope you fix it <3
    10-29-14 02:56 PM
    Good feedback. One thing I left out was Blackberry Blend. Doesn't communicate with my phone more than it does. Very spotty connectivity.

As for OS, I am running the latest version via BB Link.
    10-29-14 03:20 PM
    This might be a minor complaint, but the placement of the lock button to the right of center is kind of annoying to me. Maybe it's because it's such a wide phone and that's why they put it there, but I find myself reaching for it in an odd manner at times because of its placement.

Also, wouldn't it be great to be able to disable the capacitive keyboard? I often slide my fingers when typing. Sometimes the OS thinks I'm trying to move the cursor or delete when I am not. A keyboard shortcut to disable it so that I can type long messages, then another to enable after I'm done. That would be cool!
    10-29-14 03:36 PM
    Agree about the power button totally being in the wrong place. You have to totally shift the phone in your hands to reach it. Better would be on the side under the volume buttons like other phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:32 PM
    I hope that they come up with more uses for the capacitive keyboard. There is no reason why it can't be used to scroll horizontally or even from page to page of the icon screens. Maybe the ability to adjust the sensitivity and use it for gestures such as getting in and out of the hub. Why not a doubletap anywhere to bring up a cursor and have it function exactly as the old trackpad. I see a lot of potential in this beautiful bit of technology and hope to see it gain more and more functionality as the updates roll out.
    No mistake though, I love this phone!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    10-29-14 06:47 PM
    Agree about the power button totally being in the wrong place. You have to totally shift the phone in your hands to reach it. Better would be on the side under the volume buttons like other phones.
    At first I thought it was really odd they put the power button there. I was always struggling to reach it, but then I realized it is in the exact spot my index finger reaches when holding the phone by it's sides in my left hand. This is actually how I tend to hold the phone, unless typing, and was the way I always held my Z10. In my left hand with my thumb along one side and my finger tips along the other using my right hand to poke at it = perfect power button placement.
    10-29-14 06:53 PM
    Would love to be able to use the keyboard to scroll from my home screen through my pages of apps and keyboard short cuts brought back. Keep my hands off the screen as much as possible.
    10-29-14 07:04 PM
    Would love to be able to use the keyboard to scroll from my home screen through my pages of apps and keyboard short cuts brought back. Keep my hands off the screen as much as possible.
    Yep, scrolling through the app pages would be great. And then, with a double tap, select the first app on the page, move from app to app with the touchpad and enter executes the selected app (or opens the selected folder). Just like using the trackpad on BBOS...

Probably would be slower than touching the screen, but you could leave your hands on the keyboard and reduce the fingerprints on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:51 AM
    My feedback is they need to make more of them so I can buy it

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 09:46 AM
    I am experiencing some different issues. I find that if the power button is hit to turn off the screen while the camera app is active, the screen does not easily turn back on. It will lag and stutter for a few seconds.

I find that the touch screen is not quite as responsive as my Z10 or Z30, I sometimes have to tap an area a few times before it will recognize the input.

I tried loading a photo to igrann using the share feature through the file manager but it seemed to get stuck loading.

Trying to respond to facebook through the Hub does not always allow me to bring up numbers.

Though I have not received any complaints about call quality, I have been told that I sounded quiet when on two BBM voice chats. Though over the course of the calls the volume rectified.

However, I am also experiencing drastic camera lag and focusing issues, which are very frustrating since I was happy with the camera app on the Z10 and Z30.

Hope BlackBerry is able to rectify these issues. I am a big supporter of their products and even managed to get my wife to trade in her iphone5 for my old Z10. We all want our products to work flawlessly, though things rarely do.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 03:18 PM
    I just have to say that for me call quality has been excellent compared to lumia 920. Our house has thick walls so inside the house I used to have only few place where I could talk with my lumia 920, because line either dropped or call sound was cutting, but with BlackBerry passport I can walk around the house easily and the call quality is good.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 03:46 PM
    Also, wouldn't it be great to be able to disable the capacitive keyboard? I often slide my fingers when typing. Sometimes the OS thinks I'm trying to move the cursor or delete when I am not. A keyboard shortcut to disable it so that I can type long messages, then another to enable after I'm done. That would be cool!
    Yes, please!! Very frustrating when you lift your finger to press the 'save' button on screen and the keyboard somehow registers a back-swipe. It's only happened to me a couple of times.

The cursor placement circle thing pops up quite frequently when I'm typing. Sometimes it will shift the cursor around, garbling my text. This doesn't seem to happen as often lately, so maybe I'm just getting better with the keyboard.

I hope that they come up with more uses for the capacitive keyboard.
    At the risk of sounding like I'm contradicting myself, i agree wholeheartedly with this! The keyboard should give us full trackpad functionality. In fact, I would go so far as to suggest a mode with an actual, visible cursor controlled by the right side of the keyboard (or left, make it configurable!) and clicking handled by mashing the left (or right) side! Sure, it might seem like a step backward when you have a touchscreen, but there are cases where it'd be useful. I occasionally use a legacy web app that is somehow immune to browser scaling -- being able to 'fake' a mouse would make it much more usable!

One thing to add to this: The facebook tab in the hub doesn't appear to work consistently with the other hub tabs. I should be able to swipe to get out of a message but instead I have to press the back button. Interface consistency is nice.

I've noticed a few other things but in most cases it's simply just a matter of not yet having a 'feel' for the device. There is certainly a learning curve, especially for someone coming from Android, but that just means a greater feeling of satisfaction once I figure out how to make it do what I want. In short, I love the thing and I look forward to seeing it improve!
    12-30-14 03:48 PM