My trusty Z10 seen to be on its last keg as if I don't put down the phone gentle and it chatters unto a surface it restarts straight away.... annoying!!! I am considering upgrading to a Passport but not sure what the 'sim free' actually mean.... does it mean I can't physically insert a sim card into the Passport as I do for the Z10?
    11-22-15 09:16 AM
    My trusty Z10 seen to be on its last keg as if I don't put down the phone gentle and it chatters unto a surface it restarts straight away.... annoying!!! I am considering upgrading to a Passport but not sure what the 'sim free' actually mean.... does it mean I can't physically insert a sim card into the Passport as I do for the Z10?
    I had a z10 moved to a z30 which was even better then a passport which is amazing! Sim free just means it's unlocked, it will work, you can throw a Sim card into it.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 09:22 AM
    Yes you can put a sim card inside just like the z10...

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 09:22 AM
    It simply means it's not locked to a specific carrier, which is a good thing.

Note that the Passpord uses Nano whilst your Z10 uses micro-sim - So you might need a free new nano sim card. Never microsims can be turned into nano by pressing out the card in hand. Do not try to force a micro sim into nano. That's all you're good to go.
    11-22-15 09:24 AM
    Yes, depending on which carrier you are with, they will probably give you a new nano sim card to fit the Passport for free or for cheap (<$10).

This has nothing to do with the "sim free" that you mentioned though. As someone else mentioned, that just means that the device is unlocked and should work with any carrier.
    11-22-15 09:34 AM
    you won't regret going to the PP! Best phone out there when it comes to productivity!

You'll hear some folks make fun of the size of it, but that'll only be from someone who hasn't used one before!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 10:16 AM
    Hi, if you can get the Silver Edition. The experience is better than the original, even though the phone is the same internally. I switched from a passport to SE this week and it definitely is a better phone. The keyboard is softer, the antena better and I find the form more comfortable for holding and writing on the phone.
    If you can't get the SE, the original passport is a great device itself. You won't be disappointed!
    Sim free means you can put any nano-SIM in it and it will work as lobng as it is a GSM network

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 10:26 AM