I've had my Z10 since they first came out and I'm finally looking to upgrade. I'm with AT&T so my options are a bit limited. From what I see on their site, I can pretty much go to either the Passport or Classic.The Classic just doesn't interest me at all. If the rumored slider is an Android device, I don't want to wait around for it.

Has anyone else upgraded from the Z10 to the Passport? Was there anything you missed that the Z10 had? I do occasionally use the HDMI output from the Z10. I've heard the Passport doesn't have that, but does support Miracast. Will that stream to a Roku?

I know the AT&T Passport is a little different than the standard Passport (I think it looks better rounded). Has that made it harder to find accessories? I'm a die-hard holster kind of guy. Are there any good holsters for the AT&T version? I've heard that the AT&T Passport support Qi wireless charging. Is that true? My wife has a Qi charger for her Galaxy S4 and it would be nice to be able to use it.

Are there any other issues with the Passport that should make me hold off? Anything that should make me eager to upgrade?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    07-10-15 09:51 AM
    The Passport has a dual purpose port, stich a min usb to hdmi adapter and go for it. If the Z10 can stream to a Roku, so can the Passport (wait. It can't. Z10s don't have Miracast).

Shop CB posts stuff for the AT&T Passport on a regular basis. AT&T Passport Accessories (Cases, Screen Protectors, Chargers & Cables, Cradles, and more) - ShopCrackBerry
    07-10-15 10:00 AM
    I have switched from z10 to passport and there is not a single thing I miss from my z10. The quality of the device is beyond anything I have come across. BTW I converted my gf to BlackBerry by convincing her to replace her garbage Samsung galaxy to my old z10.
    07-10-15 10:11 AM
    Switched from Z10 to passport with no looking back, while I actually picked my Z10 up a few days ago I wondered to myself how did I use the small thing.. lol

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 10:29 AM
    I upgraded from my Z10 to an AT&T Passport a couple months ago. Main thing I miss is the awesome virtual keyboard on the Z10 and the flick up from the letter. But the Passport still does a good job with the predictive text and swipe up on the keyboard - its just that I have to look at the suggestion bar instead of the next letter I was going to type.

The Passport also has HDMI (same port that you charge the phone with) but you need a Slimport adaptor such as this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NG4LW3Q/...UvbUpU11779502 - Official Slimport to HDMI adapter for Amazon Fire, Blackberry Passport, Nexus 5, LG G3, and more - Connect your Slimport phone or tablet to an HDMI TV, monitor, or projector [SP1004]. I have not purchased this yet, but it is on my Amazon wish list for later...

As for streaming to a Roku, I have a TV with Roku built in. I was able to interrupt my kids cartoons and flashed a picture of them on the TV - got an interesting reaction from them. :-)

Accessories - Shop Crackberry.com has a good selection. As for the holster, I have a SEIDO holster. They had two versions, one for a naked AT&T Passport and one for an AT&T Passport in their case, which is what I have. I was worried that the phone would be too big for my belt, but no problem with it and my work iPhone on my belt at the same time.

The specs for the AT&T Passport do show the wireless charging. I don't have a wireless charger, so I have not tried it.

Hold off items... possibly adapting to the physical keyboard which takes a little practice. But once you get it, its fine. Like I mentioned, I do miss the Z10 swiping above the letters. But the predictive text on the BlackBerry is so much better than my work iPhone, and the swiping on the keyboard is kind of cool. The size of the phone takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do, the size becomes a plus.

Eager to upgrade items... The battery. Don't miss having to carry my spare Z10 battery and keep them both charged. My Passport lasts throughout the day. I like the size of the screen and it is easy to read outside in sunlight. The specs on the Passport are much better than the Z10, so it is much snappier.

Overall, I am much happier with the Passport and I would recommend upgrading.
    Have fun! Bill
    07-10-15 10:49 AM
    Thanks for all the info. Ever since loading 10.3.2 on my Z10 I have become a wall hugger so that alone is a great reason to switch. I am a little curious about what you can use Miracast with. Is it just for local media or can you use it to stream output from other programs (like Showbox for instance)? I am tempted to get a holster with a case. I've always worried that my Z10 would get dropped when I have it out. I'm probably going to stop by the local AT&T store this weekend to get my hands on a Passport so I can get a better feel for it in my hand. I've always liked that I can use the Z10 with one hand while walking the dogs. I'm not sure that will be possible with the Passport.
    07-10-15 11:19 AM
    Thanks for all the info. Ever since loading 10.3.2 on my Z10 I have become a wall hugger so that alone is a great reason to switch. I am a little curious about what you can use Miracast with. Is it just for local media or can you use it to stream output from other programs (like Showbox for instance)? I am tempted to get a holster with a case. I've always worried that my Z10 would get dropped when I have it out. I'm probably going to stop by the local AT&T store this weekend to get my hands on a Passport so I can get a better feel for it in my hand. I've always liked that I can use the Z10 with one hand while walking the dogs. I'm not sure that will be possible with the Passport.
    Z10 battery life should be better on 10.3.2 once it settles down and finishes on reindexing, syncing.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-10-15 12:50 PM
    I went from the Z10(had since it came out on AT&T) to the red unlocked Passport back in January. Never looked back. Recently dropped my passport: and shattered the screen. Now on the AT&T Passport running the latest Blackberry OS. Love just as much as the Red Passport.
    You're Love it!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 04:06 PM
    I just did the Z10 to Passport upgrade via AT&T. The two unsolved issues that I am facing today is:

- BlackBerry Link will not backup my Z10. Also, it is not allowing me to transfer data from my Z10 over to Passport
    - One of my email account will not provide a sent copy to my Passport. It also does not automatically save a draft on the device. This is for MS Outlook that I use to host emails with my domain via Bluehost. Never had this issue on the Z10.

Other than the mentioned - the phone is great. I'm sure there is a solution to the email that I'm missing but the BB Link is a mystery when it comes to the Z10.

FYI - Upgrade from AT7T for $100 w/ 2 year contract. Upgrade fee waived.
    07-10-15 06:42 PM
    Upgrading from a Z10 to a Passport will most definitely result in shell shock. Speed. Battery. Weird but useful keyboard. Massive size.

I highly recommend backing up your Z10 apps (through BlackBerry Link) as there quite a few apps that are designed for the Z10 but unavailable for the Passport. You can restore them to the Passport. Take note, a backup / restore will only work if the OS version of the Z10 is the same or less than the Passport.

The Passport is most definitely the best BlackBerry built to date. But it's form factor is not for everyone. It took me a couple months away from the Passport (using a Classic in the meantime) to appreciate the sheer power of the device and ability of the funky keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 07:01 PM
    You will love the Passport!!!!!!!! Go for it!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 07:17 PM
    Thanks for all the info. Ever since loading 10.3.2 on my Z10 I have become a wall hugger so that alone is a great reason to switch. I am a little curious about what you can use Miracast with. Is it just for local media or can you use it to stream output from other programs (like Showbox for instance)?
    A simple google would have answered that one:

The real trick is actually getting a dongle that is compatible.

I highly recommend backing up your Z10 apps (through BlackBerry Link) as there quite a few apps that are designed for the Z10 but unavailable for the Passport. You can restore them to the Passport. Take note, a backup / restore will only work if the OS version of the Z10 is the same or less than the Passport.
    There is also BlackBerry Link's Device Switch. I'd try that before restoring a backup.
    07-11-15 12:45 PM
    I went to the AT&T store last night and I must say, it is huge, but it looks and feels gorgeous. Now that I've seen Miracast in action, I have no doubts that I will get the Passport if we stick with AT&T. We are considering jumping ship to Verizon, but I'm not as excited about any of the phones they offer. There are 5 people on our plan so unless everyone is in agreement, we still probably just stay with AT&T.
    07-11-15 02:42 PM
    Do it! I don't you will regret it...I also went Z10 to Passport and have nothing but love for the Passport.

Mind you..you will need a bit of time to adjust moving from a virtual keyboard to a the Passport physical keyboard ..

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 03:15 PM
    I would shop T-Mobile as well. They have two unlimited lines for 100. Each additional line (unlimited data, music streaming, and 5GB of hot spot/line/month) is 40 dollars per line. Phenomenal and they use GSM over CDMA. T-Mobile will even let you do a trial for free. I switched from AT&T last month after 15 years and really like T-Mobile. I cut our monthly bill by a third. And will save over 1400 dollars over a comparable 2 year period. That's 5 day Disney land tickets for the family next year!

Z10 on 10.3.2
    07-11-15 07:45 PM
    I love the Z10 keyboard, it's the only reason I'm still using it beside my ip6 (and for the hub of course).
    That's why I'm so hesitated with the passport decision.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 08:17 PM
    I swapped out my Z10 for a passport 4 days ago...haven't looked back.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:38 PM
    I have the Passport, Z30 and Z10. All have their pluses and minuses. The size of the Passport, although phenomenal in most ways, may not be for everyone. It is a very wide device. Excellent, but wide.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    07-11-15 10:42 PM
    Thank you all for the advice. I ordered a Passport and it is shipping today. I just discovered that Miracast isn't supported by the older Roku we have, but the Android AllCast app does work with my Z10 so it should work with the Passport too.

I would have walked out of the store with it yesterday, but the sales guy tried to open the back to get at the SIM card and had the phone upside down and pried at the cover till it broke. They only had the one in stock so they had to put it on order for me instead.
    07-13-15 01:08 PM