Hello,

I am considering getting a passport. I'm in UK, currently with a Q10 on EE.

Few questions:
    -will the passport battery last longer than four hours?

-is the battery replaceable?

-will the passport randomly reboot itself when I'm midway through writing an email?

-is it worth it?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 07:46 AM
    I have a Q10, and if I had to change, it would be for the Passport.

Even if the battery is non-removable, it seems users here are really satisfied with battery life (~2 days on 1 charge).

You already know pros and cons of BlackBerry, we live with that. And you already know Galaxy S6 is a great phone. But Passport seems to be a whole new experience. Look at this design, this keyboard and this display. Everybody compares iPhone 6, Nexus 6, LG, Samsung and others and barely talk about the Passport. Because it is unique.

I don't own one myself, so maybe we can say i'm irrelevant, but i've read a lot about it, and in the end, I think BlackBerry created a new segment in the phones market. We had smartphones, now we have the Passport.
    beamolite likes this.
    02-13-15 08:11 AM
    Hello,

Few questions:

-will the passport randomly reboot itself when I'm midway through writing an email?

-is it worth it?

Posted via CB10
    To answer your questions:
    - Battery will definitely last you past 4 hours, mine is good for about a day and a half sometimes. Your Q10 should be lasting you longer than 4hrs.

-Battery is not replaceable, doesn't need to be as it lasts very long.

- No random reboots

-Definitely worth it. Takes a couple weeks to get used to but once you are broken in its amazing.

Posted via CB10
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    02-13-15 08:14 AM
    If u don't use a lot of Android apps constantly open, then your battery life will be amazing.

If I don't use Waze Sat Nav during the day, I'm left with about 40-50% battery after about 16hrs of use.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 08:23 AM
    I own the passport have not had a single reboot problem in the 4 months ive had it, the battery life is astounding i get normally around 30 hours with 10 hours of that being hardcore usage(email, calls, gaming etc). I came from the Z10 where i could not get more than 4 hours of battery life so i have never been happier with my purchase.
    02-13-15 08:39 AM
    I went from Q10 to Passport in early November & not looked back! Great phone, great screen, great keypad. What else is there to say really? Just go for it. You'll not regret it...

Posted on CB10 with my Passport but previously my Q10
    02-13-15 12:33 PM
    Hello,

Few questions:

-is it worth it?

Posted via CB10
    Battery can last more than 4 hours

Considering Q10 to Passport (or Galaxy S6)-img_20150214_024543.png

Battery is not replaceable

No reboot with the heavy usage of emailing

Worth it at least for me

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 12:47 PM
    My Passport never reboots itself. NEVER.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 02:03 PM
    - Yes

- No

- No (unless you have a one-off defective unit, in which case you can get it replaced from BlackBerry)

- Hell, yes.

Via CB10 on this beast they call the Passport
    thymaster likes this.
    02-13-15 03:33 PM
    Again Samsung can come out with a thousand variation of it's Galaxy line of phones, but it's still a Samsung underneath. A name that is tagged with bloatwares, lack of support, poor battery life, laggy OS layover, buggy apps, cheap plastic, and lack of security.
    02-14-15 03:04 AM
    I concur that.

My Passport never reboots itself. NEVER.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 03:07 AM
    They will be improving camera,display and speakers, design in much better way but the Samsung UI is very worse. I have used S5,though it has very much better display than my z10 I can't use it because UI seems so worse compared to BlackBerry you will never like it. If you are interested in android mobile than wait for HTC m9. It is very nice looking device.
    Or else buy passport or wait for visa or Victoria.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-14-15 03:49 AM
    Hello,

Few questions:
    *** Yes! This is a beast of a battery. It has one of the longest lasting batteries out there, especially compared to a Samsung or iPhone.

*** The battery is not replaceable. But I wouldn't be too worried about anything happening to the battery.

*** Haven't had an issue with this at all on the Passport and haven't heard of anyone having this issue yet either.

-is it worth it?
    *** Definitely worth it! Honestly, this is the best phone Blackberry has made to date by far. Everything about the phone is great and on par (and better) than other phones on the market right now.
    The only issue I'm having now (and it's a significant one) is that I'm having the double typing issue that the Q10 had.

Posted via CB10

I went from the Q10 to the Passport and here's my feedback to you questions.

-is it worth it?
    02-14-15 09:23 PM
    I've had my Passport since September and it has never died during the day, so yes, much longer than four hours.

No, you can't remove the battery, and my Passport has never rebooted!

It's much better than the Q10. The keyboard is amazing and it's much roomier, so your fingers won't be so cramped

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 01:26 AM
    Great comments.

Now to find a seller in England UK

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:18 PM
    How differnt is the passport to the Q10?

I say that after having had two bad days with my Q: battery life down to about two hours
    Considering Q10 to Passport (or Galaxy S6)-img_20150418_063303.png

Device rebooting several times, emaill drafts not being saved, battery never running down to zero (switching off and giving the red 'battery fllat' screen at anything from 50% downwards).

Realistically, how different would the passport be? Isn't it just a Q with a wider screen? The Galaxy S6 edge looks very attractive sadly.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 12:38 AM
    First off: There is something seriously wrong with your Q10 unit. It should easily get through a medium to busy day wthout an additional charge. Random reboots also shouldn't happen more often than maybe once or twice a week - and that already is pretty much. I could run my Q10 for more than three weeks without any reboots at all.

So you shouldn't start blaming other BlackBerry devices because your's is obviously very, very faulty.

Next: The Passport has much better specs than the Q10, it has a much newer SoC, an additional gig of RAM, the screen is much more massive, offers a better resolution and ppi. It also uses LCD technology which is much brighter outsides and also more dimmable in the dark.
    The keyboard is larger, yet it has a new layout and is basically a hybrid keyboard between touch and physical input. While your main characters are all traditional keys, all special characters are virtual. The whole physical part is touch-sensitive so you can use it for scrolling or flipping words just like on full-touch devices like the Z10.

Last but not least the battery is a class of its own: My Q10 and Classic both need their nightly charge, the Passport however often sees the cord only every second night. Leaving for work with just 60 or even 50% left? Doesn't worry me. Same if you get home from a busy day and have a busy evening and night ahead, the Passport simply won't let you down, no need to plug the wall after work.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 08:56 AM
    Absolutely love my Passport (and still my Z30) If you are considering a S6 I highly recommend you read up on it on Android Central. Battery life is a big issue for early adopters. If you want a hybrid PKB go with the Passport, you will be most pleased. If you want a all touch consider a Z30, and be very pleased. You could save a ton of money with a Z30 over a S6 with crappy battery life.

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    04-18-15 11:06 AM
    Thanks. And I've had (if I recall correctly) five different Q10 devices, so I kinda don't think it's the specific handset.

For the passport that lasts all day, is that with leaving 4G data on all the time?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 03:53 AM
    Thanks. And I've had (if I recall correctly) five different Q10 devices, so I kinda don't think it's the specific handset.

For the passport that lasts all day, is that with leaving 4G data on all the time?

Posted via CB10
    That's rather odd, I had two Q10s and never such problems you encountered. Unless of course you do some specific stuff on your phone which drains the battery so heavily and maybe occupies so many resources it gets unstable. In that case though, a Passport won't offer you a full day either - no device would.

I leave GPS, 4G and Wifi on all the time and, as already stated, usually get two days off a single charge. A very busy single day isn't an issue at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 04:03 AM
    I went from Q10 to Passport in early November & not looked back! Great phone, great screen, great keypad. What else is there to say really? Just go for it. You'll not regret it...

Posted on CB10 with my Passport but previously my Q10
    I too did the same transition! The Passport is a bionic beast compared to the Q10.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    04-19-15 06:07 AM
    Wow. I've decided to trust you and the other good folks on here and have ordered a Passport.

If it freezes more than once in the first week it will be going on ebay.

The only specific things I do are: bluetooth headset connected 15 hours a day, around 500 bbm contacts, and beyond that it's just browser/emails/facebook/twittly. GPS and wifi are switched off (unless I'm using them) and I use maps maybe once a week if that.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 01:56 PM
    Just get a Passport. At least you'll have an SD card slot.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 02:34 PM
    Just get a Passport. At least you'll have an SD card slot.

Posted via CB10
    It should arrive on weds

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 01:08 AM
    Friend at work just got the S6 and had it right from Sprint. From pics I really liked the device, but in person it was way too thin and light. Really felt like a cheap iPhone although I'd still get an S6 if I was forced to leave BB10 over the iPhone. The S6 Edge looks nice, but haven't seen in person.

Told my best friend with the S4 Active that the S6 really felt cheap and he is waiting for the S6 Active which I think will feel more solid. The build on his S4 Active feels much more solid than the S6 I held. He went on about the specs, but will wait to see the Active before deciding if he's even going to upgrade. Played around with friend from work's S6 and it's the same old Android OS on my best friend's S4 Active just updated with a few gimmicky features. Again, nothing special there.

Told the guy at work it was nice just because I wasn't going to tell him it felt cheap, but said I'm not an Android fan. Problem is, other than the Passport, the only high end device could possibly be the slider coming out ("normal" ratio device). All in all, if you are looking at upgrading to the S6... give it a try first! Really changed my opinion. Still wanna play with the Edge though for the sake of tech knowledge, but haven't had a chance yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 07:40 AM
26 12