I have had 2 in the past but needed to give up when switching carriers. Honestly the only phone I have ever missed and kept going back to. I am not a gamer so that has no concern to me. My issue is I am hearing stories about the web browsing not working right any longer. Is this true? I do a little internet sales so need websites to work. I would use Facebook for most of the sales but dont need an app I can use the FB website for it. I also need to use Microsoft Notes or similar. Am I trying to hold on too tightly to a phone thats just about dead? With my internet sales stuff I do a real keyboard would make life much easier. Thanks for the help.
    Kenny Harrington likes this.
    07-03-17 01:13 PM
    the mobile web is always evolving so yes many more people are complaining of sites not working or not working as before. Some have reported using another browser for those sites or using desktop mode as the workaround. BB10 needs a browser update for 10.3.4 whenever/if ever that comes.
    07-03-17 01:19 PM
    If a site doesn't work in the native browser, keep Opera and/or Firefox installed and use them for those site. It's what I do. Works fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-17 01:20 PM
    I'm actually thinking of selling my Passport and Classic because there are some iOS/Android apps I need for work and I could really use the extra cash...but if I'm not in my current situation I'd totally keep or re-buy the Passport and use it as my daily driver. Such a unique device with great battery and expandable memory.

As long as you know what you're getting into with no hope for apps then you're all good.
    07-03-17 01:20 PM
    Ok I was not sure if different browser apps would work. Thats good news.
    07-03-17 01:29 PM
    I have had 2 in the past but needed to give up when switching carriers. Honestly the only phone I have ever missed and kept going back to. I am not a gamer so that has no concern to me. My issue is I am hearing stories about the web browsing not working right any longer. Is this true? I do a little internet sales so need websites to work. I would use Facebook for most of the sales but dont need an app I can use the FB website for it. I also need to use Microsoft Notes or similar. Am I trying to hold on too tightly to a phone thats just about dead? With my internet sales stuff I do a real keyboard would make life much easier. Thanks for the help.
    K1 is perfect for you!!!
    07-03-17 01:44 PM
    K1 is out of my price range right now but yeah I agree it probably is.
    07-03-17 01:45 PM
    I still use the 10.3.3 browser on my Q10 daily. There are far fewer sites that don't work properly now as opposed to when I was on 10.3.2, but it's unlikely to get any better. I don't really understand why - it's all XML or HTML5, ain't it - but sites seem to be leaving the browser behind. Maybe a future service release would improve things again, but I don't know that BB have the will to do this properly. I will be staying with BB10 for a good while yet, like many others, so may have to explore these other browsers soon. In that case, the demand for third-party browsers is likely to increase, so maybe the market (or just one of the old BB10 devs) will step in to save the day. Might need to try Android Firefox sometime soon. Opera is another possibility.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-17 02:09 PM