So my first BB was back in 2009 then switched to the Nexus One in 2010. Now I have an iPhone and a Note 5, but I'm considering the Passport for it's unique design and keyboard.

I use my phone for:

MS Outlook
    Telegram
    Waze and Google Maps
    Google Duo
    WhatsApp (ugh)
    Google Keep
    MS OneNote

Would the mentioned app above work?
    Last edited by ultra99; 09-07-18 at 07:38 PM.
    09-07-18 07:18 PM
    Get a KEY² or KEY² LE if you want a phone with a keyboard. Passport runs a dead OS (BB10) with an ancient Android runtime (Jellybean 4.3). You'll need workarounds and lots of patience to make some of the Android apps function.
    09-07-18 07:40 PM
    So my first BB was back in 2009 then switched to the Nexus One in 2010. Now I have an iPhone and a Note 5, but I'm considering the Passport for it's unique design and keyboard.

I use my phone for:

MS Outlook
    Telegram
    Waze and Google Maps
    Google Duo
    WhatsApp (ugh)
    Google Keep
    MS OneNote

Would the mentioned app above work?
    Keep using the two devices you have. The Passport makes a cute hobby device, however, your required apps won’t be reliably served at this point. Think email, phone and text on Passport at this point until 12/31/2019 and then it’s anybody’s guess what happens to BB10 functionality.
    09-07-18 07:51 PM
    MS Outlook: No

Telegram: Yes, apart from video

Waze and Google Maps: no and yes, apart from sync

Google Duo: no

WhatsApp (ugh): yes, apart from video

Google Keep: no

MS OneNote: no
    09-08-18 02:12 AM

Outlook - YES
    Onenotes - YES

Still working on my bb

Posted via CB10
    09-08-18 12:32 PM
    Google Keep works through the browser. However, if using the native browser, the experience of using Keep is not the best.
    09-08-18 07:12 PM
    Google Keep works through the browser. However, if using the native browser, the experience of using Keep is not the best.
    Well, I can live without Keep.

What's a good communication app (voice and video) that works on BB10, Android and iOS?
    09-09-18 04:36 AM

What's a good communication app (voice and video) that works on BB10, Android and iOS?
    Telegram is about close as it gets.... this is reason for recommendations against this being a serious device going forward. It’s becoming stale and fragmented.
    09-09-18 04:40 PM

Outlook works for me too.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-15-18 08:45 AM
    Outlook works for me too.

The app or the email account?
    09-15-18 08:46 AM
    The app or the email account?
    Email account. Why use an app if the email account works?

09-15-18 08:48 AM
  12. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Email account. Why use an app if the email account works?

but it is still working for me too

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-15-18 09:04 AM

There's always Skype...

Posted via CB10
    09-15-18 09:26 AM

IMO messenger but the last working version for my BlackBerries(passport. ,2 z10 , z30) is v9.8.000000007501

Posted via CB10
    09-15-18 10:01 AM
    Yup I second that. Skype works with voice and video to other platforms too.
    09-15-18 10:23 AM
    The previous answers should tell you what you want to know in detail. I just want to add that I have had a Passport for over 4 years and NEVER had a dropped call, run all the apps that I personally like, love the long battery life, and just bought two more in case mine ever craps out. My wife has owned 6 smartphones during the time I've had my Passport ranging from Samsung's to every current iPhone and has decided to use one of my Passport's now mainly because of her irritation with dropped calls since we live in a fringe area. Some Android apps do present the necessity for a work-a-round but there are adequate video's on YouTube and instructions here om CrackBerry to cover them.

Different strokes for different folks but as long as I can keep a Passport that's what I'll have. (And I have tried a Key One and a Key2. Went back to my Passport)
    sid89 likes this.
    09-15-18 01:29 PM
    The best advice that I can offer you is that the BlackBerry Passport is a limited use device in 2018. I am the type of person that does very few things on their phone other than call, text, email and some light web surfing.

If those uses appeal to you, than the Passport will serve you fairly well for a little while. There are lots of workarounds and apps that you might be able to sideload and such but the truth of the matter is that it complicates things down the road with performance and battery life.

The way I see my BlackBerry 10 use in 2018 and for the upcoming year or so would be very basic use described above and I may purchase a small Android tablet to pair it with if I require some apps or a Google Maps or something.

If you want to try something different and are alright with the limited use and don't mind the odd compliment or question about a Passport, do it. Looking back on this device in a few years will be very interesting given its shape, OS and design.

If you do the plunge, enjoy it!

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    09-15-18 04:39 PM