08-24-19 01:50 PM
56 123
tools
    Chucky! Nice to see you down here with us! Cheers,

Posted with my Passport
    08-15-19 11:33 PM
    Battery temperature is different to any users around the globe. It will be different in Canada, in the US or where I live, which is in Athens, Greece. Right now I record a temperature of 35 C, which is OK for my part of the world.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-19 11:54 AM
    Don't do it, the Passport has a known issue with getting to hot and losing the cell connectivity. It's not worth the hassle
    I believe you're thinking of the Priv, I've owned 4 passports and none had any heating issue, never heard of PP having heating and connectivity issues.
    08-24-19 12:51 PM
    I believe you're thinking of the Priv, I've owned 4 passports and none had any heating issue, never heard of PP having heating and connectivity issues.
    It’s called the Emergency calls or WiFi calling only issue. Has been reported on here and one speculation is that running non-BB10 apps using ART 4.3 causes device to run hot and cause some antenna defect... I never experienced but I only used my AT&T Passport for about 12-15 months.
    08-24-19 12:59 PM
    It's a known issue on this forum, the right side gets very hot. I have experienced several times, luckily it doesn't last long
    08-24-19 01:22 PM
    I just gave my Key2 to my kid and went back to the Passport. Found one on ebay for about a hundred bucks, pristine condition. I found myself disabling all of the googl crap on the Key2 phone. Google is creepy and politically charged these days so I'm pretty much done with them. I don't need to find personal fulfillment being their "product". If I needed an app, I would find it on APKpure, or some similar APK dump site. The Android OS on a phone is just not for me. I have an Nvidia tablet that will do anything I need Android wise so I find myself just wanting a phone that has an OS that flows nicely and takes beautiful pictures and video. So I went back to my Passport, with the form factor I grew to love over the last several years. Going from that large screen to that little Key2 form factor with layer upon layer of Android tech snobbery just wasn't for me. I will keep using the Passport until I can't do email, text or phone calls on it. Then I will just find some featureless phone and go back to using a camera.
    08-24-19 01:50 PM
56 123