I find Kiwi the fastest. It benchmarks higher than any of the other typical options on BB10 for webapps (almost 2x the Fennec browser). You can move the address bar to the bottom too.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/geomet...-apk-download/
    Maybe I don't remember correctly, but I did have Kiwi and every time I used it, the phone started to get a little hot. Then I deleted the app. Then again, I may be wrong and the phone didn't get hot at all? But there must have been a reason why I sent it to the dustbin in the end. Maybe I need to give this one more try, so I will use your link.

Many thanks!
    01-27-20 09:57 AM
    Maybe I don't remember correctly, but I did have Kiwi and every time I used it, the phone started to get a little hot. Then I deleted the app. Then again, I may be wrong and the phone didn't get hot at all? But there must have been a reason why I sent it to the dustbin in the end. Maybe I need to give this one more try, so I will use your link.

Many thanks!
    I do know that Yubrowser was designed for the 801 chipset in the Passport so as far as heat and efficiency I would say that is the best alternative. Works on 98% of websites and embedded links.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    01-27-20 10:05 AM
    I do know that Yubrowser was designed for the 801 chipset in the Passport so as far as heat and efficiency I would say that is the best alternative. Works on 98% of websites and embedded links.

That means nothing. Yes, it claims it's "optimised for Snapdragon", but most Android apps are.
    01-27-20 10:10 AM

Many thanks!
    It just means the app isn't wasting clock cycles or throttling.

Heat isn't a problem unless we're talking red-hot.
    01-27-20 10:11 AM
    I have tested them all and in my world I really only use the stock browser for quick links and searches and Qbrowser is an excellent addition for backup. I do feel that the latest update to Fennec 68.3 is the best option for 100% reliable Web Access. I used to think YuBrowser could yield the same results (no longer installed) but alas I have found a couple Web pages that faulted when Fennec did not so I do recommend that you do have that installed if anything for a backup.

How I like to use Fennec is to bookmark all the websites I want to use that can be difficult. Ex: instagram, banking, kijiji, onedrive, facebook, Telus account, and more. When I want to use these sites I automatically open Fennec and it saves time and frustration.
    I hope this helps.

Ok, but is the app from F-Droid the same as XCrazys? Also, on F-Droid there's a new version, 68.4.1, and this is recommended for some reason. So, what to do? Downloaded conite's Kiwi link, let's also see which Fennec version to get, and I also forgot to say that I also have BEOL. So, will test them all and in the end keep the better two as backups to the stock browser. But again, which Fennec version to get and from where?

Many thanks!
    01-27-20 10:11 AM
    Ok, but is the app from F-Droid the same as XCrazys? Also, on F-Droid there's a new version, 68/4.1, and this is recommended for some reason. So, what to do? Downloaded conite's Kiwi link, let's also see which Fennec version to get, and I also forgot to say that I also have BEOL. So, will test them also and in the end keep the better two as backups to the stock browser. But again, which Fennec version to get and from where?

Many thanks!
    BEOL does NOT support TLS 1.3. Do not use!

Nor do ANY BB10 native browsers, fyi.

Stick to Kiwi, or Fennec. The former is just faster and can move the address bar to the bottom. The latter has access to extensions, which may fit specific use-cases.
    01-27-20 10:13 AM
    Ok, but is the app from F-Droid the same as XCrazys? Also, on F-Droid there's a new version, 68.4.1, and this is recommended for some reason. So, what to do? Downloaded conite's Kiwi link, let's also see which Fennec version to get, and I also forgot to say that I also have BEOL. So, will test them all and in the end keep the better two as backups to the stock browser. But again, which Fennec version to get and from where?

Many thanks!
    I use XcrazyS's 68.3 as stated above. Just make sure to go into settings and tweak your privacy settings to be safe.

01-27-20 10:16 AM
    I use XcrazyS's 68.3 as stated above.

As do I. The extra tweaks don't hurt.
    01-27-20 10:17 AM
    I use XcrazyS's 68.3 as stated above. Just make sure to go into settings and tweak your privacy settings to be safe.

Is there a link for that without having to do a bunch of other things to in order to make it work?
    01-27-20 10:21 AM
    Is there a link for that without having to do a bunch of other things to in order to make it work?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1173929

All the links you need in first post

01-27-20 10:23 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1173929

All the links you need in first post

Yes, thanks! I found it...some instructions do seem a little complicated for me, and I am referring to the add-ons. Anyway, I'll see what I'll do/
    01-27-20 10:29 AM
    Ok then. For now I got Fennec 68.4.1 and added most of the suggested add-ons. I will see how all these different browsers work and decided which ones to keep. Many thanks to all involved!
    01-27-20 10:39 AM
    Update. I deleted 68.4.1 and got XcrazyS' version. Will see how it goes.

As a side note, his New Pipe version does not work...unable to play video, shows error message.
    01-27-20 11:13 AM
    Update. I deleted 68.4.1 and got XcrazyS' version. Will see how it goes.

As a side note, his New Pipe version does not work...unable to play video, shows error message.
    Stock browser in desktop mode plays in the background. If you want to download there are a plethora of links on the Internet to download any media you wish.

01-27-20 11:54 AM
    Stock browser in desktop mode plays in the background. If you want to download there are a plethora of links on the Internet to download any media you wish.

I know about the desktop mode; I only mentioned the New Pipe app, which does not work anymore; not even XcrazyS' modified version.
    01-27-20 12:00 PM
    I know about the desktop mode; I only mentioned the New Pipe app, which does not work anymore; not even XcrazyS' modified version.
    Yeah I found the same and uninstalled it. Guess apps like that are best enjoyed on android

01-27-20 12:02 PM
    I wonder where all this renewed excitement for the Passport comes from
    It's really quite simple. Slabs have plateaued! May have even happened a few years ago. More and more people are coming to the understanding that Less is more! The PKB enthusiasts like us said no thanks to TCL's BlackBerry incarnation, although I did support by purchasing a K1 and a K2, which the latter now sits in my drawer as a backup and for Financial apps! Why? Why is it this way for me? Well, TCL Droidberry's were both disappointing for me, really just a Ghostberry with a PKB, just not enough to continue Legacy! The old, and I mean old, Passport still ticks most of the boxes while Sporting a Robust BlackBerry Build with a World Class Capacitive PKB! Lack of Apps actually is a plus for me and I would imagine many around the world as the resurgence of the Passport goes well beyond this forum! Bottom line, TCL and it's sister licensee's never really got it, they banked on the BlackBerry Logo and Legacy enthusiasts to hop on the train in numbers! This was never going to happen with a Mid-tier spec'd impostor! Not with us or with Enterprise Clients either! Mid specs and Manufacturer Country of Origin played heavily! Now by all means, let the deniers commence the defence of the indefensible!

Posted via my Passport
    falbo likes this.
    01-27-20 05:37 PM
    It's really quite simple. Slabs have plateaued! May have even happened a few years ago. More and more people are coming to the understanding that Less is more! The PKB enthusiasts like us said no thanks to TCL's BlackBerry incarnation, although I did support by purchasing a K1 and a K2, which the latter now sits in my drawer as a backup and for Financial apps! Why? Why is it this way for me? Well, TCL Droidberry's were both disappointing for me, really just a Ghostberry with a PKB, just not enough to continue Legacy! The old, and I mean old, Passport still ticks most of the boxes while Sporting a Robust BlackBerry Build with a World Class Capacitive PKB! Lack of Apps actually is a plus for me and I would imagine many around the world as the resurgence of the Passport goes well beyond this forum! Bottom line, TCL and it's sister licensee's never really got it, they banked on the BlackBerry Logo and Legacy enthusiasts to hop on the train in numbers! This was never going to happen with a Mid-tier spec'd impostor! Not with us or with Enterprise Clients either! Mid specs and Manufacturer Country of Origin played heavily! Now by all means, let the deniers commence the defence of the indefensible!

Posted via my Passport
    I feel the same way about the BB10 slabs over the Motion. Just a much, much better interface that makes it worth the sacrifice in terms of app availability (at least for me).

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    01-27-20 05:50 PM
    I feel the same way about the BB10 slabs over the Motion. Just a much, much better interface that makes it worth the sacrifice in terms of app availability (at least for me).

Totally agree! We will all eventually be forced to move over, but not without a fierce campaign to keep our Platform viable!

Posted via my Passport
    01-27-20 05:55 PM
    Totally agree! We will all eventually be forced to move over, but not without a fierce campaign to keep our Platform viable!

Posted via my Passport
    I'm lucky in that my platform is viable in its stock configuration. I can simply restore and go with no apps from BlackBerry World or APKs required.

01-27-20 05:57 PM

Not like the Motion really had anything going for it, aside from the 4000mAh battery.
    01-27-20 06:22 PM

Posted via my Passport
    Fierce campaign unnecessary.... V-Android/iOS day was 12/31/2016 and the Chen Plan was implemented on 12/31/2019 with aid to all users of various OS platforms.

As part of the rebuild efforts, BlackBerry various current solutions support the remaining OS plus the backend of it’s own proprietary systems.

Nobody will be forced to move as platform migration is voluntary.
    01-27-20 06:24 PM
    Not like the Motion really had anything going for it, aside from the 4000mAh battery.
    I liked the design a lot, personally. It was the only Android slab I seriously considered in 2017. If AT&T had offered it, I would have bought it in an instant.

01-27-20 06:41 PM
    I liked the design a lot, personally. It was the only Android slab I seriously considered in 2017. If AT&T had offered it, I would have bought it in an instant.

It's even bigger than something like the S10e or Pixel 3, so what's the point?
    01-28-20 05:58 AM
    It's even bigger than something like the S10e or Pixel 3, so what's the point?
    When the Motion was released, I found it to be the best looking Android phone available, and said so in these forums. It was too large for me, but so was the KEYone. If AT&T had carried the Motion, I would have selected it over the KEYone.

Now, I wouldn't want it, or the Samsung, or the Pixel.

01-28-20 09:36 AM
147 ... 3456