i'm considering to switch my 6s to passport because the battery life on 6s is terrible.i don't play much game on my phone but i do use a lot social apps like whatsapp,facebook etc.my friend told me that facebook and whatsapp is dropping their service to blackberry so can i still use these apps on passport?is it still worth to buy it now??
    10-27-16 09:53 PM
    i'm considering to switch my 6s to passport because the battery life on 6s is terrible.i don't play much game on my phone but i do use a lot social apps like whatsapp,facebook etc.my friend told me that facebook and whatsapp is dropping their service to blackberry so can i still use these apps on passport?is it still worth to buy it now??
    If you want to use those 2 apps, then NO. As to the worth of the phone, apart from those apps and a few others, CENT % imo. If battery life(Beast), productivity(Awesome PKB), ease of use(Gestures) and seamless integration(HUB) are your top priorities....you couldn't go wrong with the Passport.

Posted via The Black Beast-  P A S S P O R T | OG
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-27-16 10:41 PM
    Best you go with the new BlackBerry Dtek60 if those apps are your priorities. If you want productivity then the Passport is best

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 10:55 PM
    how about i sideload the facebook whatsapp apk into it?still impossible to use those apps?most of my friend and colleague are using whatsapp
    10-27-16 11:07 PM
    i'm in love with the passport design,all the smartphone out there is just same design all over again and again,i'm bored with it
    10-27-16 11:08 PM
    Whatsapp and Facebook android versions work on the passport!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ryder55; 10-27-16 at 11:26 PM.
    10-27-16 11:08 PM
    I agree the battery life on the 6s is awful. I am using the iPhone 6s and the Passport. Passport on a GoPhone plan. Passport for emails and professional documents, iPhone for apps and personal stuff.
    10-27-16 11:15 PM
    Whatsapp and Facebook android versions work on the passport!

Posted via CB10
    is it true??any screenshot?
    10-28-16 12:01 AM
    I agree the battery life on the 6s is awful. I am using the iPhone 6s and the Passport. Passport on a GoPhone plan. Passport for emails and professional documents, iPhone for apps and personal stuff.
    i was thinking trade in my 6s to passport,bacause i don't have much money to carry two phone haha
    10-28-16 12:02 AM
    I wouldn't recommend that. Passport has zero apps so you will get tired eventually since you're comming from android. I have both the Priv and Passport, and I don't use my Passport at all now. Priv has everything I need, specially apps
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-28-16 12:07 AM
    I bought a Passport one week ago to replace my boring iPhone 6s, because I loved this phone so much one year ago.
    Returned it two hours after.
    Now that I've tried iOS and Android, I'm sad to say that, but BB10 doesn't suit my needs anymore. There's so much comfort using these two OS and all these apps.
    Passport is no longer the beast it used to be.
    I'll stay with the iPhone and wait to see what BlackBerry has to offer.
    Last edited by 00101; 10-28-16 at 01:38 AM.
    so crow likes this.
    10-28-16 01:15 AM
    I purchased a Passport a month ago via Shop BlackBerry coming from a Z10. I don't use the FB BB native app since it will give me too many notifications. I just use FB via the BB browser. Whatsapp you can sideload. There is this genius called Cobalt232 who has helped us Crackberries to get Google Play Store working on BB 10 OS.
    Check his thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    Whatsapp android version works on my phone, but I reinstalled the BB version since my backup history from BB 10 could not be restored on Android version. The file extensions are different. Hopefully one day someone out there figures out how to bypass that.
    Amazon App Store comes pre-installed and works just fine. For me the keyboard is still an adjustment, since I have small hands ^^;
    Friends told me I am crazy to get a BB phone, that BlackBerry is dead (here in The Netherlands), but I don't care. I refuse to follow the masses and get a phone everyone has that is either Apple or Samsung.
    Believe me when I say that once you've used BB 10 OS, with all it's unique features, you don't want to go back to ios.
    As has been mentioned before in this thread, the Passport is great for productivity for business. For gaming and other fun apps not so. There are a lot of apps on BB world, but most popular once sometimes only have ios or android versions. Since it is no problem to sideload them, you can always find help here if there is a problem.
    What you can do, is ask someone in your friends circle if they have a Passport or go to a store, and ask if they can show you how the phone works, or look on Youtube for vids. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-28-16 02:39 AM
    I've been using my Passport for about 3-years now and love it, however, I don't use it for gaming or social media apps. Total productivity/business device, and while I have sideloaded some apps (Thanks to Coblat) some apps still need to be tweaked. If you're coming from Android or ios, I too would recommend something from the DTEK series. If you want originality, the Passport is special, but not for everyone.
    10-28-16 01:56 PM
    I just got an iPhone SE to use for all social apps and got the Passport Silver for email etc, cant let go of the passport, great for email etc but rubbish for apps
    10-28-16 04:19 PM
    Same here as I have also split between personal and social media phone (android Huawei p9) and work related (BlackBerry Passport) for email and work related files and folders. Best of both worlds as what each os performs at its best.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 05:12 AM
    Go for it!
    The Passport is a great device, a bit large for my taste to be carried around but lovely and fast for reading and surfing the web.
    Specifically useful as a desctop device coupled with a BT keyboard and mouse for editing as micro tablet replacement.
    Considering to buy a passport-img_20160216_202658.jpg

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    10-29-16 06:11 AM
    Go for it!
    The Passport is a great device, a bit large for my taste to be carried around but lovely and fast for reading and surfing the web.
    Specifically useful as a desctop device coupled with a BT keyboard and mouse for editing as micro tablet replacement.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160216_202658.jpg 
Views:	928 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	410860

With passport vs classic, which one would you choose based on your liking?

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    10-29-16 06:47 AM
    With passport vs classic, which one would you choose based on your liking?

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    Classic no doubt!
    Just had a 2nd Classic in the post for spare yesterdy.

10-29-16 06:55 AM
    OP, you can still load the FB bar file to get FB the way it was, limitations and all

As for Whatsapp, no one knows what's going to happen in January. There is a lot of inconsistency with regards as to what is going to work and not work. They have said that BlackBerry is officially not supported, but they have also said that the android port won't work either. It's a weird thing.

If those two apps are that important to you, I would second guess buying the Passport. If you are comfortable with using the browser as your main FB "app" and maybe losing whatsapp, I say go for it.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-29-16 06:55 AM
    Send me your iphone and will send you like new BlackBerry Passport Black.

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-29-16 06:57 AM
    As for trading in your phone, the Passport may be better bought outright for possibly as low as $250 to $300, as it was recently on sale at BB World for those prices.
    10-29-16 11:37 AM
    OP, I wouldn't be so fast to get rid of the iPhone. Most BB10 users use a two device set up to have the best of both worlds.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    10-29-16 05:40 PM
    The Passport SE is a classic and it is worth buying for Nostalgia purposes alone. If you don't need apps and you just want "old school" productivity.. emails, texts, calls, battery life.. Then it is awesome..... I think that the Priv is a better choice if you need PKB if not Dtek 50 or 60.. Most people need apps...
    Chatbox likes this.
    10-29-16 05:41 PM
    Hi,

I bought my passport on 10/21/16 and I love it in many ways. But the lack of apps has made this thing pretty useless beyond emailing and texting. I do enjoy the large screen, the keyboard and the simplicity of bbhub. But honestly, I didn't do my research and bought this device because I didn't want to pay ~$600+ for a new phone. My biggest complaint is about the lack of a few apps that I have come to fully depend upon such as:
    banking (multiple)
    Uber & Lyft
    Viber
    Whatsapp (no support as of 12/31)
    Expedia
    Airline apps
    Amex

I'm sure there are ways around it, but again these are not the obvious ways.

Overall it's a great phone with a great screen and wonderful keyboard. Just be aware that you'll be thrown back to year 2009.
    10-31-16 12:01 PM
    Hi,

I bought my passport on 10/21/16 and I love it in many ways. But the lack of apps has made this thing pretty useless beyond emailing and texting. I do enjoy the large screen, the keyboard and the simplicity of bbhub. But honestly, I didn't do my research and bought this device because I didn't want to pay ~$600+ for a new phone. My biggest complaint is about the lack of a few apps that I have come to fully depend upon such as:
    banking (multiple)
    Uber & Lyft
    Viber
    Whatsapp (no support as of 12/31)
    Expedia
    Airline apps
    Amex

I'm sure there are ways around it, but again these are not the obvious ways.

Overall it's a great phone with a great screen and wonderful keyboard. Just be aware that you'll be thrown back to year 2009.
    Viber still works. You just need the version. If you need it, let me know.

Depending on where you bought it, you could still be eligible for a refund. I would look into that. Regrettably, I don't think the Passport is the right phone for you.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    10-31-16 02:02 PM
42 12