I am doing a presentation for a marriage and actually thought about doing it with Powerpoint, but now discovered the BB native App Express and started playing around a bit - this is simple and easy, but can I connect this to a beamer - have no clue how this could be done, but I guess all is possible ...?

Thanks for any inputs!
    09-21-15 12:23 PM
    I asked the same question about a beamer for a remote control on my passport and it just doesn't have the capacity for a beamer.
    And NO app can help.
    Perhaps in the future Blackberry will offer to add it to the hardware, I can still use the remote but only through a Bluetooth connection.

Sorry for the bad news, but the all the good things about the Passport still out weigh any other Platform!
    09-21-15 01:03 PM
    Well well... some search found me an adapter, but it seems not the righteous one too

I think it's an adapter problem, or can droids do that?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 03:27 PM
    Well well... some search found me an adapter, but it seems not the righteous one too

I think it's an adapter problem, or can droids do that?

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry hardware just isn't set up with a beamer.
    You may be thinking that the flash would compliment the use of a beamer but it just doesn't work that way.
    Now nothing is 100%. MY interest in a beamer is for using it as an IR remote control.
    There are many beamer apps out there but to use it on a Blackberry, it would have to be "Rooted" and THAT is not possible.
    You CAN do it on an Android!.

You may have something there. To beam an image from the flash port does sound doable.
    Keep us posted with what you find.
    09-23-15 04:22 PM
    I found other ways, will do the presentation on and over my mac with iphoto!
    I was just thinking this would be great for the BlackBerry Express App to present work done, but fine iphoto is anyways covering my needs better.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 03:10 PM
    The beamer app is for use with Apple TV.

I've found that the Passport and the Z30 work very well with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor. The MS adaptor plugs into an hdmi input port on either your screen or media server or av receiver, like a dongle. The BB10 phones can use either the Wifi Direct or the Miracast standards to wirelessly project your PowerPoint presentation onto your display screen and sound system.

I bought the adaptor on Amazon for about $50 here in Canada. I've seen it listed in the U.S. for around $30.

Works really well, and the performance is quite smooth, even while projecting a 720p HD video while it is streaming over my home wifi or LTE connection.

Most places have something with an available hdmi input. They don't always have an Apple TV handy. So it's a handy and relatively cheap gadget to keep in your tool bag.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 10:21 AM