• RED IT IS!

1 33.33%
  • SE Rocks!!

2 66.67%
12-24-17 11:42 PM
29 12
tools
    Hello beautiful people at Crackberry,
    I own a Passport OG, and love it. Recently I came across a guy who has SE as well as Red Edition, they're used, but in fine condition, and the price is around 135USD. Phones can be rated 8.5/10.

My question is, which one to go for? I wish I could get them both, but unfortunately I can't. I really love the elegance of the SE, as well as the peppy red color of the limited edition red Passport. I agree that this has more to do with ones personal preferences, but I just want an opinion from the CB Fam too!

Happy holidays everyone!

TIA
    Qorax likes this.
    12-21-17 04:49 AM
    Red and White were limited editions. However, they both are essentially the same as the OG Black. The SE, tho is the same internally - externally is slightly different. And many opine that it is easier to use b'coz of it's elongated chin. It also is more robust and has a nicer bottom due to the speaker grille.

However yes, it is your call. B'coz looks and priorities are subjective and individual. You cannot go wrong either which way.

Btw, whichever you choose - can you pass on the info about the other to me pls? I'd like to grab the one left by you. I am collecting all Passport variants.
    rockstar600 likes this.
    12-21-17 05:04 AM
    Red and White were limited editions. However, they both are essentially the same as the OG Black. The SE, tho is the same internally - externally is slightly different. And many opine that it is easier to use b'coz of it's elongated chin. It also is more robust and has a nicer bottom due to the speaker grille.

However yes, it is your call. B'coz looks and priorities are subjective and individual. You cannot go wrong either which way.

Btw, whichever you choose - can you pass on the info about the other to me pls? I'd like to grab the one left by you. I am collecting all Passport variants.
    Thank you for such a detailed reply. Unfortunately, the seller is in India, and he isn't online. I met this guy coincidentally and he isn't shipping abroad
    Qorax likes this.
    12-21-17 05:15 AM
    ...and he isn't shipping abroad
    That's sad.
    rockstar600 likes this.
    12-21-17 05:22 AM
    If I had the same choice I would pick the SE in a flash. But definitely make sure it's fully working ;-)

Posted via CB10
    rockstar600 likes this.
    12-21-17 05:35 AM
    If I had the same choice I would pick the SE in a flash. But definitely make sure it's fully working ;-)

Posted via CB10
    2 for the SE it is. Thank you for the suggestion, I would make sure too!
    12-21-17 05:40 AM
    Vote for SE.
    rockstar600 likes this.
    12-21-17 06:36 AM
    Vote for SE.
    Woot woot!!
    12-21-17 07:52 AM
    I'll play for the other team here. I've had both the Silver and the Red and I just prefer the look of the Red. It's so slick and unique. The Silver too is nice. Either way, you won't be disappointed, but the Red is like a Ferrari and the Silver is like Jeep Wrangler. Depends what type of road you want to drive on...
    falbo, Qorax and rockstar600 like this.
    12-21-17 09:20 AM
    I guess the case and stand from the OG will work on the red but not the silver?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-17 12:55 PM
    Hello beautiful people at Crackberry,
    I own a Passport OG, and love it. Recently I came across a guy who has SE as well as Red Edition, they're used, but in fine condition, and the price is around 135USD. Phones can be rated 8.5/10.

My question is, which one to go for? I wish I could get them both, but unfortunately I can't. I really love the elegance of the SE, as well as the peppy red color of the limited edition red Passport. I agree that this has more to do with ones personal preferences, but I just want an opinion from the CB Fam too!

Happy holidays everyone!

TIA
    The Passport SE without a doubt!
    12-22-17 03:23 PM
    I prefer the keyboard on the og way more than the se. Not that I don't like the se, I just like the feel and look of the red.
    12-22-17 03:25 PM
    The SE is more robust and looks more exclusive rather than the red OG.

Posted via CB10 using awesome  Passport SE
    rockstar600 likes this.
    12-23-17 02:44 AM
    The SE is more robust and looks more exclusive rather than the red OG.

Which ever one you go for you are going to be in a pretty exclusive club, you probably won't come across another passport in the wild at all.

Choose one and enjoy it.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and rockstar600 like this.
    12-23-17 04:19 AM
    Is it worth to buy passport now after news we have?

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    12-23-17 12:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    For me yes! Scroll down v a couple of threads and check out 'would you still buy a passport '. Good luck and merry Christmas ;-)

Posted via CB10
    rockstar600 and Qorax like this.
    12-23-17 01:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely yes. This is the only mobile PHONE. All others are toys
    12-23-17 02:32 PM
    I use passport too, but after last news I'm not sure how it will work in few months
    P.S. I had priv too, just gave it to my friend, I don't think it was toy... I don't think keyone is toy as well...
    I think every blackberry devices are oriented on business peoples, that's why I like it...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kikipintre; 12-23-17 at 03:21 PM.
    12-23-17 03:08 PM
    I use passport too, but after last news I'm not sure how it will work in few months
    P.S. I had priv too, just gave it to my friend, I don't think it was toy... I don't think keyone is toy as well...
    I think every blackberry devices are oriented on business peoples, that's why I like it...

Posted via CB10
    The BB World announcement? The most that might happen in a few months is app developers stop updating or supporting their apps but the phone should still work.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-23-17 04:38 PM
    I don't want to influence you with my bias because I own the...

 Passport SE SQW100-4 with Vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS Version) 10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    Qorax and rockstar600 like this.
    12-23-17 05:19 PM
    I'll vote for SE to!
    Because I also own one!

Posted via CB10
    rockstar600 likes this.
    12-24-17 08:29 AM
    The BB World announcement? The most that might happen in a few months is app developers stop updating or supporting their apps but the phone should still work.
    Reliable individuals have said in other threads that you won't be able to wipe/restore or reload the OS if they shut down the BBID servers. So that's something to consider.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    12-24-17 09:30 AM
    Reliable individuals have said in other threads that you won't be able to wipe/restore or reload the OS if they shut down the BBID servers. So that's something to consider.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    If the BBID server has been shut down, then we couldn't able to login to BlackBerry server anymore, and our handsets will become a dumb phone.

12-24-17 10:55 AM
    Could you please tell me, whether is BBID used for logging into BBM? Know almost nothing about BBM since it is blocked by government in Russia.
    12-24-17 11:10 AM
    Could you please tell me, whether is BBID used for logging into BBM? Know almost nothing about BBM since it is blocked by government in Russia.
    Yes it's used for BBM and BBM Enterprise among other things (Protect, BB World, etc).

BBID is separate from BB World but even if it shuts down I assume you can just disable Protect.
    12-24-17 11:42 AM
29 12