I use to have a leap and I know the battery on my silver is much bigger so why does it say at 80 percent battery life I only have 6 hours of use left. My leap would say at 80 percent I have like 15 hours of battery life left sometimes more

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 09:46 AM
    Depends on your usage and/or battery age.
    I'm assuming that's the same Passport that you bought for 200. I sincerely hope that the former owner didn't sell you a lemon.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-12-17 10:03 AM
    Two different devices..... look at the specs

Passport while older does have newer and more powerful components.... Screen way more PPI, Processor faster, Wifi-AC, NFC, more RAM to power
    10-12-17 10:10 AM
    I'm assuming that's the same Passport that you bought for 200. I sincerely hope that the former owner didn't sell you a lemon.
    Naw it was a friend of a friend. Nothing wrong with the phone. I'm at 75 percent now and I've had it on and fully charged since 840am. I'm gonna look to see if I got the blue tooth on etc..

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:17 AM
    He bought the phone new in Feb 2016

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:17 AM
    Two different devices..... look at the specs

Passport while older does have newer and more powerful components.... Screen way more PPI, Processor faster, Wifi-AC, NFC, more RAM to power
    Yeah I think that's it makes more sense..takes more power to run this beast lol

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:18 AM
    Yeah I think that's it makes more sense..takes more power to run this beast lol

Posted via CB10
    To a degree.. yes. Shouldn't be as much as you stated, but then usage varies.

In the end how long does you battery charge last you, how much on screen time do you have, how many accounts do you have syncing.... comparing the same phone and two users can be very different. Or the same user and same phone over time.... maybe a year ago you didn't have some social media app that now is a big part of your usage.
    10-12-17 10:23 AM
    Don't judge the battery based on the time showing.
    Observe how long it actually lasts.
    The estimation keeps changing from time to time.
    I am sure in actual use it will outlast the Leap.

Posted via CB10
    ilovebbpassport10 likes this.
    10-12-17 10:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Does it help if I just keep battery saving mode on all day?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:26 AM
    To a degree.. yes. Shouldn't be as much as you stated, but then usage varies.

In the end how long does you battery charge last you, how much on screen time do you have, how many accounts do you have syncing.... comparing the same phone and two users can be very different. Or the same user and same phone over time.... maybe a year ago you didn't have some social media app that now is a big part of your usage.
    Very true. I got two email accounts...twitter...instagram that's about it..oh and crackberry of course..would deleting one of the email accounts make a huge difference...I don't really need it

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    The leap was a beast to be honest..i never had to charge the thing..even at 12am I would be at 20 percent battery life

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:29 AM
    The leap was a beast to be honest..i never had to charge the thing..even at 12am I would be at 20 percent battery life

Posted via CB10
    Have you used the Passport for a considerable period?
    Give it a couple of days to settle down.
    Initially the phone syncs and indexes a lot which eat into the battery life.
    Observe and report after a couple of days of use and charge cycles. I am sure you will be getting better battery than the Leap!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:34 AM
    Does it help if I just keep battery saving mode on all day?

Posted via CB10
    Don't do that. Will affect performance and not required really

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:34 AM
    Don't do that. Will affect performance and not required really

Posted via CB10
    Just checked I've had battery saver on all day lol...oops shutting it off now

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 10:53 AM
    Have you used the Passport for a considerable period?
    Give it a couple of days to settle down.
    Initially the phone syncs and indexes a lot which eat into the battery life.
    Observe and report after a couple of days of use and charge cycles. I am sure you will be getting better battery than the Leap!

Posted via CB10
    I bought it yesterday. Today is the first day of use on a full charge. I'm trying to post a screen shot of the battery usage but crackberry won't let me..says error can't connect to server something like that and my Internet is fine

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 11:00 AM
    I bought it yesterday. Today is the first day of use on a full charge. I'm trying to post a screen shot of the battery usage but crackberry won't let me..says error can't connect to server something like that and my Internet is fine

Posted via CB10
    Yea the CB10 ap no longer allows photos to be attached
    Don't jump to conclusions on your 1st day.
    Observe for a couple of days and then report back.
    I am sure battery will settle down very soon. Plus today all the syncing of accounts must have eaten up a lot of battery

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 11:05 AM
    Will do! I'm gonna delete twitter and one email account I really don't use

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 11:08 AM
    Will do! I'm gonna delete twitter and one email account I really don't use

Posted via CB10
    No need to really. Neither eats up battery.
    You could just turn off Notifications for twitter if you want.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 01:30 PM
    I found cutting down the intervals for updates to my hub accounts helped with battery life too... rather than deleting them.
    10-12-17 07:34 PM
    I found cutting down the intervals for updates to my hub accounts helped with battery life too... rather than deleting them.
    How do you do that?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 08:13 PM
    BB people

I am exploring my passport which brings me to this question. My passports battery last good one to four days depending on usage and it's good ( I guess)

How ever it tales 4-5 hours to charge from 5 to 100% with whatever charger I got with the phone in box. Is it normal!? Or is it possible to charge it faster without affecting the battery life adversely! It would be excellent if I can get fully charged in say an hours +/- 15 mins

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 11:16 PM
    No need to really. Neither eats up battery.
    You could just turn off Notifications for twitter if you want.

Posted via CB10
    Twitter notifications on bb10 native app yea right lol

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 11:45 PM
    BB people

I am exploring my passport which brings me to this question. My passports battery last good one to four days depending on usage and it's good ( I guess)

How ever it tales 4-5 hours to charge from 5 to 100% with whatever charger I got with the phone in box. Is it normal!? Or is it possible to charge it faster without affecting the battery life adversely! It would be excellent if I can get fully charged in say an hours +/- 15 mins

Posted via CB10
    Don't bother about what it says, how long does it actually take?
    Only use the stock charger.
    No phone gets a full charge in 1 hour, except maybe the 1+5.
    You should be get a full charge in 1.5-2 hours.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 12:40 AM
    Don't bother about what it says, how long does it actually take?
    Only use the stock charger.
    No phone gets a full charge in 1 hour, except maybe the 1+5.
    You should be get a full charge in 1.5-2 hours.

Posted via CB10
    Whatever I have written is my own experience. Nothing else.

There are phones which get 5- 100 in 75mins, again I am not saying just because I have read it somewhere but because it is my personal experience.

Ofcourse it is a pretty good benchmark but if I can get my passport full charge in 120mins, I will be good.

So now if there is suggestion for me, that would be awesome.

One background about the phone is - bought from NA but being used in India ( power voltage is different 120 -> 240)

My question is if I use a higher rated charger (5V:5amps) then what I got with the phone (5V:1.3amps) would it affect overall battery life ?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 01:41 AM
    Whatever I have written is my own experience. Nothing else.

There are phones which get 5- 100 in 75mins, again I am not saying just because I have read it somewhere but because it is my personal experience.

Ofcourse it is a pretty good benchmark but if I can get my passport full charge in 120mins, I will be good.

So now if there is suggestion for me, that would be awesome.

One background about the phone is - bought from NA but being used in India ( power voltage is different 120 -> 240)

My question is if I use a higher rated charger (5V:5amps) then what I got with the phone (5V:1.3amps) would it affect overall battery life ?

Posted via CB10
    Its taking 5 hours for your passport to charge?
    10-13-17 04:50 AM
42 12