The day is coming when you first damage your passport...

It took me a month but I finally dented my passport ever so slightly just now. It's really a miniscule little baby dent/blemish on the black moulding of the top frame but it sucks nonetheless.

I hit it against my desk as I was raising it up to make a call.

Don't you hate that sinking feeling when your brand new perfect device somehow isn't 'perfect' anymore?

Anyway this is just first of many incidents to come cuz I dropped my 9900 and Z10 at least once a week lol. Those took a licking and kept on ticking. I'm sure the Passport will too.

Feel free to share your story of damage to your brand new device in this thread.

PICS:
    Happy day! First pic I took before taking it out its box Oct 7th:
    Condolences: Post here when you scratch/drop/damage your passport.-img_20141107_001540.png

Nov 6th: The tiny dent is barely visible to the naked eye but I know it's there and that's what hurts!Condolences: Post here when you scratch/drop/damage your passport.-img_20141107_000534.png

A month of babying it and then I hit it against my desk as I was raising it up to make a call.
    Condolences: Post here when you scratch/drop/damage your passport.-img_20141107_000821.png

Just posting these pics made me feel better! I'm over it already... now this is truly 'my' Passport. Onward with the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DenimAndLeather; 11-07-14 at 04:50 AM.
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-06-14 11:26 PM
    I'm actually looking forward to my first ding or battle scar! From my previous phones I know that once that is over and done with, I feel much more relaxed with my phone lol. Just hope it's not too serious

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 and aminrajabi like this.
    11-06-14 11:41 PM
    Similar dent for me on the left side of the phone along the part of the glass that's rounded. Also was using the hard shell case, as I assumed the metal sides wouldn't ding and didn't expect to dent the glass. Have since gone with a rubber case - doesn't look as nice, but far better protection overall (although I take it out of the case as soon as I get home from work)
    DenimAndLeather likes this.
    11-06-14 11:58 PM
    Now I'm worried! My phone's naked. Haven't been able to get a case or screen protector here.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 01:35 AM
    I have never dropped my Passport before. But last night I dropped it like 4 times. It fell off my night stand but luckily nothing happened. I don't want any scratch on my Passport. Gotta be more careful

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 02:50 AM
    I have my first scratch on the left side bezel, since it's aluminum it's kind of hard to spot. But I know it's there...you know what I'm talking about haha ha?

Windmere
    11-07-14 03:57 AM
    It is stainless-steel frame, not aluminium.
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-07-14 04:11 AM
    I'm actually looking forward to my first ding or battle scar! From my previous phones I know that once that is over and done with, I feel much more relaxed with my phone lol. Just hope it's not too serious

Posted via CB10
    So true, once you get your first ding you can relax a bit with the phone. You still are careful not to scratch or crack the screen but you start letting go of your OCD about keeping it 'perfect'.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 04:55 AM
    Here is my contribution.

Dropped it only 2ft and it fell face flat on the tile floor followed by a sickening *thud*. Thats all it took to make a hair line crack along the upper area of the screen.

I chuckle when I see all these "extreme PP damage tests" videos. This thing barely survived a small drop.

Still love his phone! It works great still, the crack is barely noticeable when the screen is on as its "below the surface" and all the touch in the area still works fine........ Life goes on........

11-07-14 05:27 AM
    Yep I have a scuff at the top left hand on the silver bezel but I have it covered with the Passport hardshell case. Also have a slight chip as well on the top left corner...phone fell out of my jacket pocket and skidded across the pavement.

Sucks but what can you do?? Now I have it protected with the hard shell case and haven't dropped it since.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 05:29 AM
    Similar dent for me on the left side of the phone along the part of the glass that's rounded. Also was using the hard shell case, as I assumed the metal sides wouldn't ding and didn't expect to dent the glass. Have since gone with a rubber case - doesn't look as nice, but far better protection overall (although I take it out of the case as soon as I get home from work)
    Sorry to hear about the dent. Yes it hard not to get scuffs or dent through normal use over time. There certainly is something nice about holding your phone without a bulky case on it. But it comes with the price of scuffs, dents and scratches.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:51 AM
    Here is my contribution.

Dropped it only 2ft and it fell face flat on the tile floor followed by a sickening *thud*. Thats all it took to make a hair line crack along the upper area of the screen.

I chuckle when I see all these "extreme PP damage tests" videos. This thing barely survived a small drop.

Still love his phone! It works great still, the crack is barely noticeable when the screen is on as its "below the surface" and all the touch in the area still works fine........ Life goes on........

http://i.imgur.com/AWF4ICO.jpg
    Ouch, well good thing you barely notice it. Hopefully you will be able to get the screen fixed once parts become available.

At least your screen doesn't look like this pic below. I might make this my Passport's wallpaper for a while to remind me the damage could always be worse!
    Attachment 312811
    Attached Thumbnails Condolences: Post here when you scratch/drop/damage your passport.-wallpaper_20091018055450_15613867112.jpg  
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-07-14 06:56 AM
    Mine had an XL 4sugar tim hortons coffee dumped on it this morning by a fellow at work..

Keys are definitely sticking now... grrrrr

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    11-07-14 07:05 AM
    Mmmm... sorry about the dents and even deeper damage in your phones... but this actually made me realize that the hard shell not protecting the phone all around is a problem... it's sad because it looks and feels great on the phone... there is a post about a non-OEM case from India that covers the phone entirely and it looks nice... I will need to take a look at it... thanks for the post

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:45 AM
    Here is my contribution.

http://i.imgur.com/AWF4ICO.jpg
    Yes, the true risk of damage comes from drops where the glass is completely flush with the floor. If there is a slight bump or protrusion, it can then create a lot of pressure at that point of impact. That's why I'm not sure the hard shell keeps the screen sufficiently off the ground to survive a face down drop on the sidewalk or asphalt, both of which are slightly bumpy. So yeah, I'm worried, although I haven't done such things to my Z10, yet.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    11-07-14 08:04 AM
    Mine had an XL 4sugar tim hortons coffee dumped on it this morning by a fellow at work..

Keys are definitely sticking now... grrrrr

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    Omg it's even more annoying when someone else does the damage.

Liquids and electronics do not mix. The TimmyMe app on the Passport is as far as you should go.
    Condolences: Post here when you scratch/drop/damage your passport.-mobile-payment-blackberry-btn-en.png

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer and jasonvan9 like this.
    11-07-14 08:36 AM
    Mmmm... sorry about the dents and even deeper damage in your phones... but this actually made me realize that the hard shell not protecting the phone all around is a problem... it's sad because it looks and feels great on the phone... there is a post about a non-OEM case from India that covers the phone entirely and it looks nice... I will need to take a look at it... thanks for the post

Posted via CB10
    Yes the hardshell isn't meant for full coverage protection. It's one level above using your phone naked where you can set it down on tables and counter tops without worrying. It also provides a bit more grip and is nice and slim so you hardly notice it's there.

The hardshell covers the corners as well and let's you place it face down without touching the screen but your phone still has lots of exposure to the elements.
    Condolences: Post here when you scratch/drop/damage your passport.-blackberry-20141031114726.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 08:45 AM
    ...phone fell out of my jacket pocket and skidded across the pavement.
    Posted via CB10
    Ouch! Gotta hate those drops that involve you watching your phone hydroplaning over pavement.

Each microsecond feels like an eternity as you watch your precious device get assaulted by asphalt. Then there is the damage assessment afterwards. So sad lol. #firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 08:51 AM
    I've dropped mine once. Happy to say no damage. Now I have a pouch leather which fits both phone with hard case in it. Also depends on the surface dropped on. Tile...Good luck.
    11-07-14 08:55 AM
    Ouch! Gotta hate those drops that involve you watching your phone hydroplaning over pavement.

Each microsecond feels like an eternity as you watch your precious device get assaulted by asphalt. Then there is the damage assessment afterwards. So sad lol. #firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    There should have been a pouch in the box like there was with the Bold 9900 (or at least there was in the UK).

Given the price of the Passport it surely isn't too much to ask to have some protection thrown in for this "premium device"

That said, if BB had waited to release the device until they had managed to make a pouch for it, we would still be waiting now !!!!
    11-07-14 08:58 AM
    I scratched the back of mine pretty quickly.
    Being soft rubber-like material, it was no wonder, even though I didn't treat it roughly.
    The hard shell was on its way, but too late I guess. And now the hard shell has a similar deep scratch at the bottom, where it uses the same materials as the back of the device. Sigh...
    11-07-14 09:06 AM
    I scratched the back of mine pretty quickly.
    Being soft rubber-like material, it was no wonder, even though I didn't treat it roughly.
    The hard shell was on its way, but too late I guess. And now the hard shell has a similar deep scratch at the bottom, where it uses the same materials as the back of the device. Sigh...
    What is doing all that scratching, do you know? I have a dig on my hardshell from a drop but its kinda satisfying having the $30 hardshell damaged instead of the $800 phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 09:34 AM
    Just decided I'm gonna use and abuse this Passport and won't stress anymore about keeping it in pristine condition. I'm just gonna enjoy it.

Once the price drops down to $199 in a year and a half like the Q10 did I'm gonna buy a new white Passport for my blackberry fleet collection.

White Passport, Black Classic, Black Z30, White Z10, Black Q10 and Red Q5. Cuz just one BlackBerry 10 device won't do!

Posted via CB10
    ZedMacahan, joewoo and Evindzer like this.
    11-07-14 05:10 PM
    Drop it about 4ft right onto payment. Landed on corner and put a small dent and scratch. I had the hard shell on order but didn't arrive for two more days. It would have protected my PP. Oh well, the case now covers it up.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    11-07-14 10:38 PM
    Drop it about 4ft right onto payment. Landed on corner and put a small dent and scratch. I had the hard shell on order but didn't arrive for two more days. It would have protected my PP. Oh well, the case now covers it up.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    Well it's good to hear your Passport's big screen survived a 4 foot drop onto pavement!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 07:00 AM
31 12