Here:

I'd say that's a fair and nice review from someone so used to the ways of Androids and Apples. His only complaint is the lack of apps he uses and that's fair enough. And like I said in another thread, he's surely getting a BlackBerry soon he says.
    I've asked him about what device he'd prefer if he had every app he wanted on the pp. That'd be interesting, if he answers.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 12:54 AM
    Just to add, his main device is an iPhone 6

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 01:00 AM
    I really liked this series. It was sincere and very fair.
    vvvhhh8 likes this.
    12-06-14 11:21 AM
    It would be so interesting to see what would happen to BlackBerry if any and all apps that are available for Android and iOS were all of a sudden available and worked seamlessly within the operating system....

Being able to run some Android apps has gone a long way but unfortunately the app situation is still the main hang up for most people--something that's preventing a lot of consumers from trying out an otherwise very impressive device!

Posted via CB10
    lylesilverman likes this.
    12-06-14 11:36 AM
    It would be so interesting to see what would happen to BlackBerry if any and all apps that are available for Android and iOS were all of a sudden available and worked seamlessly within the operating system....

Being able to run some Android apps has gone a long way but unfortunately the app situation is still the main hang up for most people--something that's preventing a lot of consumers from trying out an otherwise very impressive device!

Posted via CB10
    It's quite likely that closing the app gap completely would shoot BlackBerry back up to the top, certainly ahead of Apple. BlackBerry 10 is truly an amazing OS, far better than either iOS or Android (don't have experience with Windows platform). The app situation is what is holding the platform back.

Posted via CB10
    thedose and Barbareren like this.
    12-06-14 11:45 AM
    You can never go wrong with reviews from phonedog...aaron and noah always gave pretty honest and non obnoxious reviews.
    12-06-14 12:04 PM
    Well, he said he would go with the iPhone even if all the apps were available for Passport. He thinks it's a better all-rounder. To each his own.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:17 PM
    Well, he said he would go with the iPhone even if all the apps were available for Passport. He thinks it's a better all-rounder. To each his own.

Posted via CB10
    once again, his daily phone IS an iPhone 6, which he used prior to the Passport... so he's not really switching to the iPhone, but just going back to his daily phone (which he had already chosen prior to this challenge) because as he stated on day 1, the Passport is not his to keep, but was lent to him for this challenge...
    12-06-14 12:19 PM
    He will be back soon to bb device when there is google hangout on it. Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:49 PM
    once again, his daily phone IS an iPhone 6, which he used prior to the Passport... so he's not really switching to the iPhone, but just going back to his daily phone (which he had already chosen prior to this challenge) because as he stated on day 1, the Passport is not his to keep, but was lent to him for this challenge...
    I know. This was an update on a question I had asked about what would his device of choice be if all the apps were available for Passport as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:39 PM
    His conclusion is fair because all it takes is one frequently used feature that has no workaround. The lack of Hangouts is a deal-breaker because he uses it on a daily basis (it's true that BBM is not a fair alternative if he can't force 100% of his contacts to use it).

I've used iOS for a few weeks on a loaner work phone and the two shortcomings that act as an absolute bar to getting an iPhone are the inability to freely add attachments to email and the display of attachments at the bottom of messages. Insignificant for 99.9% of users, but a huge issue for me. Not every OS will appeal to everyone, and that's fine with me. As long as BB10 is a viable choice for 95% of users, that fine with me.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Vorkosigan and Mel Calixtro like this.
    12-06-14 03:12 PM