Many android apps won't completely close and will keep consuming battery. Most only take up a small amount, but they add up. If you get 10 or 12 apps that you have opened and are still running in the background, go to activity monitor and close them. Alternately you could just reboot your phone periodically, even if the phone is running well, which it probably will be, this will close out all apps and will help increase battery life. :

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:23 PM
    Reboot does NOT shut down zombie apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:27 PM
    There are apps that you can use to change the boot and close properties of other android apps, making thus sure they won't re-open or stay on the background.

I can't recall the name of those apps now, but I'll try to come back if I do.
    07-06-15 02:28 PM
    There are apps that you can use to change the boot and close properties of other android apps, making thus sure they won't re-open or stay on the background.

Android Assistant does that, I think
    diegonei and jdesignz like this.
    07-06-15 02:30 PM

Good to know. I usually just manually close them.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    07-06-15 04:23 PM
    Android Assistant does that, I think
    And for NATIVE BlackBerry apps?!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 11:30 PM
    And for NATIVE BlackBerry apps?!

Posted via CB10
    Native Apps can't change the Android run time, that's not how it works
    07-07-15 03:35 AM
    I found this works:
    Settings > App Manager > Go to individual app permissions... > click on an app > check off "Run when minimized"

Repeat this for all of your apps and that should dramatically increase battery life. It's tedious to set up but I've noticed a difference.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 10:44 AM
    I found this works:
    Settings > App Manager > Go to individual app permissions... > click on an app > check off "Run when minimized"

Repeat this for all of your apps and that should dramatically increase battery life. It's tedious to set up but I've noticed a difference.

Posted via CB10
    You must always be wary that it may break a Applications functions in the process
    07-07-15 10:47 AM
    And as well I only allow emails to constantly push!
    07-07-15 11:22 AM
    You must always be wary that it may break a Applications functions in the process
    Yes. Parrot is an example, learned the hard way. I disabled 'run when minimized' thought I was recording the meeting but it stopped after the screen timed out. Luckily my note taking game was on point that day, lol.
    07-07-15 11:26 AM
    My native apps are behave. It's just the androids that mess up my phone even when not in use.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-07-15 11:29 AM
    I found this works:

Posted via CB10
    Hey, that's great to know. It is also great that it can be turned off or on for tomorrow individual apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 08:13 PM
    Native Apps can't change the Android run time, that's not how it works
    Well I for one would love a native app to keep watch of rogue apps (like, you know Docs2Go and Images that just sit there eatting memory since 10.3.1).

Yes. Parrot is an example, learned the hard way. I disabled 'run when minimized' thought I was recording the meeting but it stopped after the screen timed out. Luckily my note taking game was on point that day, lol.
    Well running while minimized affects Active Frame behaviour, this is not really an issue unless you have the app there for 8 hours straight.

What you guys want to disable is run in the backgroup.

Do notice some apps do run in the background, but there are no settings to prevent them from doing it (and some are just bogus - Docs2Go, Images and a few others).
    07-08-15 09:22 PM