The compass app not working. It stucked. And I uninstalled it and reinstalled again. But nothing happened. It shows 250 degree west and when I open location services it shows 256 degree. How can I solve that problem? Sorry for bad english.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 12:54 PM
    Try BBVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert) which checks your hardware. It should be on your phone or download free from BlackBerry World. I bought a Z30 once and all seemed fine, but the compass wasn't working. Turned out a gyro or something inside the phone hardware was broken. Had to return it.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    08-10-16 01:54 PM
    Try BBVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert) which checks your hardware. It should be on your phone or download free from BlackBerry World. I bought a Z30 once and all seemed fine, but the compass wasn't working. Turned out a gyro or something inside the phone hardware was broken. Had to return it.

Posted via CB10
    I tried it. It shows magnetometer and other sensors work normally.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 05:39 PM
    Do you get a little icon with an infinity-looking symbol in the top right hand corner of your screen in the compass app?

Press that, and it will bring up a calibration instructions screen telling you to move the device in an infinity motion.

Try calibration, and if it doesn't work, you should probably contact customer service.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 08:29 PM