I've been a Classic user for a bit more than a year. Good experience with it other than processor speed when running Android apps.

Recently acquired a Passport SE, then realised: Where's the back button on the Passport?

There's the top left of the screen for Cancel, and bottom left of the screen for Back. To me, this is a bit of a UI split-personality nightmare, but I've always ignored it because there's a physical back button on the Classic as my single-action-point for back or cancel. Now, on the Passport, is there some kind of shortcut I don't know about that simulates a Back button?
    11-03-16 02:30 PM
    You drag the screen to the right...

Posted via CB10 Passport
    11-03-16 02:43 PM
    You drag the screen to the right...

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Dragging the screen to the right is not always a Back action. It seems to be depending on where you are in the OS / App.
    11-03-16 02:46 PM
    Dragging the screen to the right is pretty much the universal back button no matter the app you're in. Sometimes you swipe down from the top of the screen but 99% of the time swiping right does it.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    11-03-16 02:51 PM
    Dragging the screen to the right is pretty much the universal back button no matter the app you're in. Sometimes you swipe down from the top of the screen but 99% of the time swiping right does it.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Scenario:
    Classic: Launch BlackBerry World, click on the Back button. <BBW minimizes>
    Passport: Launch BlackBerry World, drag screen to the right. <BBW shows category / context menu>

Drag screen to the right is not the same as a Back button.
    11-03-16 03:25 PM
    In Android apps, you need to swipe diagonally from the center up to the right or left

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 03:27 PM
    If all you want to do is minimize, which is not the same as going back, swipe the bottom of the screen up.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    11-03-16 03:29 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

Like I mentioned in the original post, the Back button on the Classic give Back or Cancel actions (i.e. not just back). It provided a single trigger for set of UI navigation flow.

I'll just have to accept that there is no Back button on the Passport (nor a Back button shortcut that gives the same navigational experience as on the Classic). It would be incorrect of me to expect it (e.g. like, asking a fish to fly).
    11-03-16 04:43 PM
    (nor a Back button shortcut that gives the same navigational experience as on the Classic).
    Do you read people's answers?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 04:51 PM
    Do you read people's answers?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Swiping up, and swiping right...

On the Classic, the single Back button can get me cancel, back, minimise, close last minimised app, close another minimised app, and back to home screen (depends on current screen). Didn't have to touch the screen once.

Did you read my response?

Focus here is / has been: Now, on the Passport, is there some kind of shortcut I don't know about that simulates a Back button?

i.e. Not just a back action, or minimise action.
    11-03-16 04:59 PM

Yes. Swiping up, and swiping right...

On the Classic, the single Back button can get me cancel, back, minimise, close last minimised app, close another minimised app, and back to home screen (depends on current screen). Didn't have to touch the screen once.

Did you read my response?

Focus here is / has been: Now, on the Passport, is there some kind of shortcut I don't know about that simulates a Back button?

i.e. Not just a back action, or minimise action.
    OK. Yeah, if you want a button, there isn't one.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 05:31 PM
    Most apps have navigational back buttons preprogrammed. I've not found anything deficient with the passports style

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 06:09 PM
    Ugg. Some people always fine a reason to whine. You can maybe set a hot key to go "back", which would like take longer than it takes to simply draw your finger on the massive screen.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    11-03-16 07:11 PM
    Ugg. Some people always fine a reason to whine. You can maybe set a hot key to go "back", which would like take longer than it takes to simply draw your finger on the massive screen.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Some people always find a way to whine about other people's preference of usability. The world is not meant to be one-size-fits-all.
    11-03-16 07:48 PM
    People's lack of proverbial satiety with things these days is disgusting. You don't have a button, boo hoo. Do you also complain when the ignition is located differently on different automobiles, or that GM's red is less red than Fords red? Get over it. There isn't a back button. Use your little thumb and swipe the screen or get an iphone. I've heard they've got nice big patented home buttons that will minimize your screen.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    11-03-16 08:57 PM
    Am I missing something? Where's the complaint?

You're missing the point. I don't need a dedicated home button. Good thing you're not a UX designer.

Did you read?

"I'll just have to accept that there is no Back button on the Passport (nor a Back button shortcut that gives the same navigational experience as on the Classic). It would be incorrect of me to expect it (e.g. like, asking a fish to fly)."
    11-04-16 08:13 AM
    "I'll just have to accept that there is no Back button on the Passport (nor a Back button shortcut that gives the same navigational experience as on the Classic). It would be incorrect of me to expect it (e.g. like, asking a fish to fly)."
    Yup, bang on. Just like asking a fish to fly. Perfect comparison

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 08:25 AM
    Do you also complain when the ignition is located differently on different automobiles, or that GM's red is less red than Fords red?
    Posted via CB10 Passport
    Arh, Matey, that be I buys me trucks in refrigerator white!

Actually, my wife likes RED vehicles. Last truck purchase we had just wrapped up a white 2013, getting the big discounts because the 2014s were already on the lot. We walk past a RED truck and it's suddenly, "there IS a RED truck! Why aren't we buying THAT ONE?!". Then the scramble to explain that it's a 2014 and doesn't have all the huge end-of-year discounts. Whew! Bullet dodged.
    11-04-16 08:25 AM
    Arh, Matey, that be I buys me trucks in refrigerator white!

Actually, my wife likes RED vehicles. Last truck purchase we had just wrapped up a white 2013, getting the big discounts because the 2014s were already on the lot. We walk past a RED truck and it's suddenly, "there IS a RED truck! Why aren't we buying THAT ONE?!". Then the scramble to explain that it's a 2014 and doesn't have all the huge end-of-year discounts. Whew! Bullet dodged.
    I like white on vehicles big time, it's just a bear to keep clean.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    11-04-16 08:27 AM
    Am I missing something? Where's the complaint?

You're missing the point. I don't need a dedicated home button. Good thing you're not a UX designer.

Did you read?

Fair enough.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    11-04-16 08:28 AM
    Fair enough.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    LoL...internet forums. It was almost as if I had to get your permission to agree on my personal justification of how I gauge a product that I bought for my own use. ...the world we live in...wtf...hahahah
    11-04-16 08:55 AM
    Coming from the Classic: Back button?-flyingfish.jpg ...They exist...
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    11-04-16 09:12 AM
    LoL...internet forums. It was almost as if I had to get your permission to agree on my personal justification of how I gauge a product that I bought for my own use. ...the world we live in...wtf...hahahah
    Internet forums. Where the biggest vaginas all combine forces like the Power Rangers and **** and moan all day about how they wish mass produced devices were somehow custom tailored to their own wants.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    11-04-16 09:17 AM
    I like white on vehicles big time, it's just a bear to keep clean.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    That's why I don't wash mine - "real men let the RAIN wash their trucks!".
    11-04-16 09:40 AM
    Rain? I usually drive through the nearest pond to wash mine.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    11-04-16 10:05 AM
27 12