Is the transition easy? The passport looks really good to me. I would get the att model. I love the screen size and app selection on the iPhone. I know I can get the google play store basically on the blackberry but is the process easy for someone that isn't too savvy in that stuff ?
    04-01-15 09:52 PM
    Just do some reading in these forums first, easy once u arm yourself with instructions, everyone here can help if you get stuck

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    04-01-15 09:54 PM
    Having both, I would say they compliment each other nicely, neither would be able to replace the other.

They are superior in their own ways, simply for different means.

If possible, I would say, keep both.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    04-01-15 10:06 PM
    Can't keep both. I would be trading the iPhone for the passport if I do it.
    04-01-15 10:07 PM
    Man, you're still thinking about it??

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1002288

It's just a phone, not a major life altering decision here. I hope you have an easier time with those... lol

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 10:12 PM
    But if you are looking for excellent camera and tons of apps & games, you will be disappointed with Passport...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 10:31 PM
    Is the transition easy? The passport looks really good to me. I would get the att model. I love the screen size and app selection on the iPhone. I know I can get the google play store basically on the blackberry but is the process easy for someone that isn't too savvy in that stuff ?
    Hi,

You should definitively make the move. The only thing you can miss from iOS are few apps. You definitively get used to do everything you need on BlackBerry OS 10 which provides much more features and customizations than the iOS.

After few days you should also type much more accurately than your iPhone and you will most likely not get tired anymore about typing very long post. Typing on a touch keyboard can be frustrating from time to time if you have too big finger but it is definitely not an issue on the BlackBerry Passport.

BlackBerry OS is very simple to use and I believe you will definitively enjoy it much more and the BlackBerry Hub is a unique feature for notifications.

Don't forget to take a look to the software BlackBerry Blend (Sending texts messages, seeing notifications, etc all from computer natively)

Just an add-on: you will never need to wipe your phone to add musics into it if you connect it to another computer. You will never need to use that slow and ugly iTunes software.

Make the switch, you won't regret it

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-01-15 10:37 PM
    I had the 5s before I made the switch to the Passport so I may be able to give you some helpful insight in how the two operating systems differ.
    The biggest adjustment I've made since switching to the BBP is not having a home button, you swipe up to close a page/app or to go back essentially.

May take a few weeks to get comfortable with that feature, I live in campus housing at my respective university, who's wifi is only available through Windows or IOS so I've resorted to using my carrier's data, thankfully I have unlimited data.

Some of the pros of the BBP is an awesome camera, it's easily amongst the top 2 smartphone camera's on the market, the touch bar feature is great swiping to delete and swiping to complete words. Phone looks gorgeous in person, I have White Edition and I recommend the White Edition it's a beauty.Obviously the BBP is huge but it's light for it's size and it's not enormously large like the 6Plus or Note 4.

Security is huge for BB in general and the BBP is a juggernaut, there's multiple creative ways to lock and unlock your phone , the options for saving battery power are unique as well as creatively built into the lock and unlock features.

The HUB is wonderful, efficeint, and useful and there's also a priority HUB which up the ante.

TASK app is great it's four times as good as the Note or Reminder App on IOS. It will be an overall adjustment if you switch platforms but you'll reap the benefits if you believe in the product.
    Last edited by nicky_willz; 04-13-15 at 09:40 PM.
    Tranamal likes this.
    04-01-15 11:20 PM
    I had the 5s before I made the switch to the Passport. I may be able to give some helpful insight in how the two operating systems differ.
    The biggest adjustment I've made since switching to the BBP is not having a home button, you swipe up to close a page/app or to go back essentially.

May take a few weeks to get comfortable with that feature, I live in campus housing at my respective university, who's wifi is only available through Windows or IOS so I've resorted to using my carrier's data, thankfully I have unlimited data.

Some of the pros of the BBP is an awesome camera has to the one of the top 2 smartphone camera's, the touch bar feature is great swiping to delete and swiping to complete words. Phone looks gorgeous in person, I have White Edition and I recommend the White Edition it's a beauty. Phone obviously huge but it's light for it's size.

Security is huge for BBP there's so many ways to lock and unlock your phone as well as many ways to save battery power unlike any other phone. The HUB is wonderful, there's also a priority HUB which is great, TASK app is great it's four times as good as the Note or Reminder App on IOS. It will be an adjustment but you'll reap the benefits if you believe in the product.
    Awesome thoughts ! Thank you.
    04-01-15 11:29 PM
    I had the 5s before I made the switch to the Passport. I may be able to give some helpful insight in how the two operating systems differ.

Some of the pros of the BBP is an awesome camera has to the one of the top 2 smartphone camera's, the touch bar feature is great swiping to delete and swiping to complete words. Phone looks gorgeous in person, I have White Edition and I recommend the White Edition it's a beauty.Obviously the BBP is huge but it's light for it's size and it's not enormously large like the 6Plus or Note 4.

Security is huge for BB in general and the BBP is a juggernaut, there's so many ways to lock and unlock your phone, the options for saving battery power are unique as well as being creatively built into the lock and unlock features.

The HUB is wonderful, efficeint, and useful and there's also a priority HUB which up the ante.

TASK app is great it's four times as good as the Note or Reminder App on IOS. It will be an overall adjustment if you switch platforms but you'll reap the benefits if you believe in the product.
    and since when the Passport has an awesome camera? it is one of the worst out there...
    dolco likes this.
    04-01-15 11:39 PM
    and since when the Passport has an awesome camera? it is one of the worst out there...
    Not one of the worst at all... just... mediocre, unremarkable.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 12:04 AM
    I came from a 6 Plus. Wish i had done it sooner. High volume email sucks on IOS and the phone itself is pretty large. I find the square shape room yet compact, and the Hub smokes the Mail app on IOS. Can't really agree with the last comment about the camera being great. I'm pretty sure it can be but Blackberry needs to work on the camera software. Good pictures can be taken with the Passport, but at this time, you have to really hold your hand super steady and adjust the ambient lighting cause the auto-focus is so finicky.

Other than that, the phone sounds great and the battery life is excellent. With my 6 Plus, signal would drop out in basements. With my Passport, haven't had so much as a lost bar yet.
    04-02-15 12:07 AM
    Maybe @itsmeJC's review of the Passport will help you decide.

Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    noke60 and Leo pard like this.
    04-02-15 12:33 AM
    Maybe @itsmeJC's review of the Passport will help you decide.

Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    I have watched this video. I love it !
    04-02-15 12:50 AM
    My instagram has some of the best pics taken from the BBP, maybe it's just me...
    04-13-15 09:41 PM
    Easy question to ask is do you use a lot of apps? If you somewhat do then list the apps that are high on your list.
    04-13-15 09:52 PM
    The camera have improved a lot since 10.3.1. Have you updated to the latest OS.

I came from a 6 Plus. Wish i had done it sooner. High volume email sucks on IOS and the phone itself is pretty large. I find the square shape room yet compact, and the Hub smokes the Mail app on IOS. Can't really agree with the last comment about the camera being great. I'm pretty sure it can be but Blackberry needs to work on the camera software. Good pictures can be taken with the Passport, but at this time, you have to really hold your hand super steady and adjust the ambient lighting cause the auto-focus is so finicky.

Other than that, the phone sounds great and the battery life is excellent. With my 6 Plus, signal would drop out in basements. With my Passport, haven't had so much as a lost bar yet.
    04-13-15 09:55 PM
    I did, the last update from OTA is the one that made the camera stop working properly. Just gotta wait it out I guess.
    04-14-15 04:06 PM
    Hi,

I'm new to BlackBerry and been using the Passport for four weeks now. I came from the iPhone 4S and my thoughts are:
    Passport has an awesome display and keyboard. But that's almost it. The apps I used on the iPhone are partially available in BBWorld. But they are months behind the iPhone apps. So I use the Android apps. But they are not aligned with the BlackBerry work flow and UI.
    Also the system is missing features and buggy.
    The iPhone just works. With the passport you need a patch here, a workaround there...

If you like the things to just work, stay with the iPhone. If you want to play around are do not have to rely on your phone, try the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 10:37 PM
    Sold my iPhone 6 for the passport, granted overall I have been a long-time BlackBerry user, I have been nothing but happy with the move

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 10:47 PM
    Hi,

I'm new to BlackBerry and been using the Passport for four weeks now. I came from the iPhone 4S and my thoughts are:
    Passport has an awesome display and keyboard. But that's almost it. The apps I used on the iPhone are partially available in BBWorld. But they are months behind the iPhone apps. So I use the Android apps. But they are not aligned with the BlackBerry work flow and UI.
    Also the system is missing features and buggy.
    The iPhone just works. With the passport you need a patch here, a workaround there...

If you like the things to just work, stay with the iPhone. If you want to play around are do not have to rely on your phone, try the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    That is bunch of BS. What doesn't work on the Passport? Passport is not a iphone. If you want a iphone then stay with apple. Passport is not a toy to play around with.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 10:57 PM
    That is bunch of BS. What doesn't work on the Passport? Passport is not a iphone. If you want a iphone then stay with apple. Passport is not a toy to play around with.

Posted via CB10
    What doesn't work:
    Tomtom Places
    Tomtom Go Mobile
    IMAP identities
    Full-blown Sixt app (not the feature reduced one from BBWorld)
    Keyboard froze two times within three weeks
    GPS is not precise when indoors
    Client certificates on websites
    VPN access through OpenVPN
    Delay up to three seconds when waking up from standby
    Random activation in pocket

Just to name a few.
    Of course I have a 90% working workaround for each of these. But it sucks.
    I have been using the Palm Pre before. Each day I was hoping for an update that would fix the software issues. I see similarities with the Passport now. It's not: I have this setup, how do I make the Passport fit it, but: I have this setup. Doesn't work on the Passport. So how do I change my, and the other phones/clients in the systems' setup, so that the Passport will work.

If it works for you Smiley88, great. I wanted to give the OP another, not biased towards BlackBerry opinion.

Fiddle around to find a solution, don't work.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:22 PM
    I've only tried the iPhone once for fun. It was a 3GS, than I got bored after a week LOL.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 04:44 AM

If it works for you Smiley88, great. I wanted to give the OP another, not biased towards BlackBerry opinion.

Fiddle around to find a solution, don't work.

Posted via CB10
    This is Crackberry. Opinions unbiased towards BB are BS, obviously. Having said that, received my Passport yesterday and it seems great although I was unable to migrate from my Q10 using BB Link, which is very poor.
    04-15-15 04:47 AM
    A combination of Passport and ipad would work well. Get the work done with passport. Use the ipad for all th apps available and used by you currently.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 05:48 AM
27 12